Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need some self-labeling advice for my upcoming FBA shipments. I printed labels using a laserjet, not inkjet, printer. I've noticed that some of the labels are still not smear proof and I worry about them becoming unreadable or unscannable by the Amazon warehouse workers. Should I cover the labels with clear tape to protect them or take another approach?

12 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I need some self-labeling advice for my upcoming FBA shipments. I printed labels using a laserjet, not inkjet, printer. I've noticed that some of the labels are still not smear proof and I worry about them becoming unreadable or unscannable by the Amazon warehouse workers. Should I cover the labels with clear tape to protect them or take another approach?

the less reasons you give Amazon to mess up the count the better. I would recommend a Dymo450 Turbo printer. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

the less reasons you give Amazon to mess up the count the better. I would recommend a Dymo450 Turbo printer. 

I'm sure it's a good investment but this may be my last year doing FBA. That's why I was hoping to put some clear tape over the barcodes to protect them and call it a day.

24 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I'm sure it's a good investment but this may be my last year doing FBA. That's why I was hoping to put some clear tape over the barcodes to protect them and call it a day.

21 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

that should work. just make sure it is as flat as possible

Be careful: glossy, uneven or slightly discolored tape can cause the labels to be un-scannable.

• Like 1

So for the first time ever someone bought 4 of the same lego set. Can't complain. Just wondering, does Amazon pass along the shipping savings to me? Yes, I think I know the answer  
I'm pretty sure everytime I have had someone buy multiple sets from me they pay the shipping for each set they order. I am doing FBM and charging shipping on each set. Not sure about FBA or anything else.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I'm pretty sure everytime I have had someone buy multiple sets from me they pay the shipping for each set they order. I am doing FBM and charging shipping on each set. Not sure about FBA or anything else.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

yes- multiples order via fbm with fixed additional shipping price for each item is succulent mana.  so many ways to win with fbm. 

my tweaked 2tha max shipping settings continue to discourage tf out of far away cross country buyeand encourages nearby buyers and gives me sweet discounts of faster shipping services so i can get buy box without sacrificing profit like this:

image.png.fb4642779dbc72b265d54dd9c0a26454.png

• Like 1

And here I thought this was already the case.  Nope, you get even less reimbursement going forward. The joy of F'd By Amazon

Effective November 11, 2022, eligible fulfillment center operations claims for items that are in unsellable condition will be reimbursed at a discounted rate to reflect the actual fair value of the item.

• Like 1

image.png.6ce7d621d31d0cc893f933009d33cd18.png

This should be fun.  Is the same guy who thought my item didn't need a shipping box the one who will tell me what the discounted rate will be in determining 'fair' value?  

ADD: And their timing is amazing... effective first weekend when people start to go into holiday shopping mode.

Edited by carini26

Interesting times. Companies are trying to maintain COVID growth, without the Trillions in stimulus. You are seeing steps towards profitability in various forms across the industry. "Job cuts, excessive markups to 'combat' inflation, excessive fee's and less reimbursement".

If it wasn't so hard to get a reimbursement in the first place i honestly wouldn't mind, but its like fighting a court case to get reimbursed for ANYTHING. 

26 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Interesting times. Companies are trying to maintain COVID growth, without the Trillions in stimulus. You are seeing steps towards profitability in various forms across the industry. "Job cuts, excessive markups to 'combat' inflation, excessive fee's and less reimbursement".

If it wasn't so hard to get a reimbursement in the first place i honestly wouldn't mind, but its like fighting a court case to get reimbursed for ANYTHING. 

I will have to disagree with you there.  As crazy as litigation in court can be, I've never seen the level of idiocy in a courtroom that I've experienced trying to get a reimbursement out of Amazon.  It would be like walking into court for a trial and the judge asking "Ok, have you filed a complaint?"  "Yes, your honor, here is a copy of the complaint that we filed two years ago."  "Ok, I can't help you until you file a complaint."  "Your honor, here is our complaint that was filed TWO YEARS AGO."  "Ok, I will be able to help you once you file a complaint."  Etc. Etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

And here I thought this was already the case.  Nope, you get even less reimbursement going forward. The joy of F'd By Amazon

I had some figures swiped and replaced with rocks in the original box and then returned to Amazon. I showed Amazon and they gave me like half of the value... so I guess my rocks would be worth 25% of the value now. LOL

Learned something new today, please ignore if this is basic stuff.

I had a buncha FBA shipments to send in but where I am, UPS pickups are $14 or $20 if same day. I happened to have an FBM order today as well, and I randomly came across a YT video that said any FBM order will trigger a free UPS pickup. Sure enough, I tried it and it worked. Once the  UPS guy came, I gave him the rest of my FBA shipments with no issues. He came pretty quick also (less than 20 minutes).

edit: although now i am reading this...looks like there may be a $3.80 surcharge? Unclear, this matter is.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/ups-pick-up/982176/24

Edited by Bricklectic

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Learned something new today, please ignore if this is basic stuff.

I had a buncha FBA shipments to send in but where I am, UPS pickups are $14 or $20 if same day. I happened to have an FBM order today as well, and I randomly came across a YT video that said any FBM order will trigger a free UPS pickup. Sure enough, I tried it and it worked. Once the  UPS guy came, I gave him the rest of my FBA shipments with no issues. He came pretty quick also (less than 20 minutes).

This is up to the UPS delivery drivers discretion. My UPS guy will "pickup" orders if he has room while dropping stuff off.

Most of the time he wont do it, because the truck is not large enough to accept the packages and if it is it would get clogged up by accepting a bunch of huge boxes.

21 minutes ago, landphieran said:

This is up to the UPS delivery drivers discretion. My UPS guy will "pickup" orders if he has room while dropping stuff off.

Most of the time he wont do it, because the truck is not large enough to accept the packages and if it is it would get clogged up by accepting a bunch of huge boxes.

This. 

23 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I'm not talking about an incoming order. That is indeed YMMV. and UPS def. does not like that.

I'm referring to scheduling an outgoing FBM order pickup for free. & adding FBA when guy comes. One FBM in the outgoing pickup triggers entire pickup for free supposedly.

15 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I'm not talking about an incoming order. That is indeed YMMV. and UPS def. does not like that.

I'm referring to scheduling an outgoing FBM order pickup for free. & adding FBA when guy comes. One FBM in the outgoing pickup triggers entire pickup for free supposedly.

Like I said it depends on the volume you are doing. If its a few boxes its generally not a problem.

14 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

There are still UPS coupon codes out there to sign up for the free smart pickup.  Mine expired last year and they tried to charge me weekly and I found another one with some google searches.  I've had free smart pickup basically since 2014. 

Great to know, thanks for sharing. Definitely going to do some searching.

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Like I said it depends on the volume you are doing. If its a few boxes its generally not a problem.

Gotcha, yeah, Im small time. Just a few extra FBA boxes for me.