Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Theyre getting tougher to reimburse.

Recently They lost 6 of unit that I happened to have a real invoice showing 12 purchased so I figured I was safe and submitted the invoice. Nope - they decided that since I sent another 18 in a DIFFERENT shipment (that was not lost) I needed invoices for 24, not 6. Since I only have Walmart receipts for the rest, I let it slide as I dont want to show them I bought it from Wal-Mart

34 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Quite difficult to get sales invoices for LEGO GWPs ....

I've uploaded my receipt from Lego and put a black box over the price in a PDF editor when FBA lost an entire inbound shipment. They accepted it because it's within their accepted norms of document editing. I'm not advocating putting in a price for an item when it isn't listed, but I will note that Lego's site often lists the value of a retired GWP.

34 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I've uploaded my receipt from Lego and put a black box over the price in a PDF editor when FBA lost an entire inbound shipment. They accepted it because it's within their accepted norms of document editing. I'm not advocating putting in a price for an item when it isn't listed, but I will note that Lego's site often lists the value of a retired GWP.

The Help page mentions explicitly that you are allowed to edit out the price of products when submitting evidence, so you are good there.

image.png.2f1b79c6f982896dc25106486497992f.png

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Newbie question, I guess I should know this but Im seeing conflicting info online.

Can I FBM a lego set that I have stock already in FBA. It's under a different SKU but same ASIN and same variety and condition.

You are allowed one fbm and one fba listing under the same Asin 

• Thanks 2

FBA told me that a recent shipment was missing an item. The inventory ledger report clearly shows that they received the expected quantity and then sent them to different fulfillment centers, where it then appears they lost one of them. Somehow this turned into the original shipment quantity being incorrect rather than the item being lost by them.

Encountering the usual red tape and auto-closures of cases, even though I am politely pointing out that their own paper trail shows that they were in possession of this item. Any recommendations on how to exit the merry-go-round of "nah we checked and YOU'RE wrong so deal with it" when there is easily verifiable evidence to the contrary?

10 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

FBA told me that a recent shipment was missing an item. The inventory ledger report clearly shows that they received the expected quantity and then sent them to different fulfillment centers, where it then appears they lost one of them. Somehow this turned into the original shipment quantity being incorrect rather than the item being lost by them.

Encountering the usual red tape and auto-closures of cases, even though I am politely pointing out that their own paper trail shows that they were in possession of this item. Any recommendations on how to exit the merry-go-round of "nah we checked and YOU'RE wrong so deal with it" when there is easily verifiable evidence to the contrary?

I asked exactly the same question 3 days ago. You can scroll back for the answers.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I would escalate this to the [email protected] team.  I generally waste as little time with SS as possible.  If they're acting like their usual numbskull selves, I go to the [email protected] team straight away.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:44 AM, Phil B said:

The Help page mentions explicitly that you are allowed to edit out the price of products when submitting evidence, so you are good there.

image.png.2f1b79c6f982896dc25106486497992f.png

They are no longer accepting receipts as proof of inventory ownership. They want invoices now.

59 minutes ago, vasp said:

They are no longer accepting receipts as proof of inventory ownership. They want invoices now.

Wow.  Is that official now?  I figured we were going to see them tightening things around reimbursements in order to save costs, but that's a pretty extreme step.

Amazon lost 2 whole boxes of mixed toys last month.  I asked for reimbursement and sent in my email receipts, and they reimbursed within a few days with no questions asked.  I was honestly shocked, and don't expect anyone else to get that lucky.  But...it can still happen, I guess!

41 minutes ago, redcell said:

Wow.  Is that official now?  I figured we were going to see them tightening things around reimbursements in order to save costs, but that's a pretty extreme step.

I don't know if this is official. But this was my recent experience. The case kept going back to the same person and the person would copy and paste the policy again and again. I requested escalation of the case, but still no go. Maybe it was just my bad luck.

I waited for 2 weeks and opened another case - it went back to the same person.

I gave up. Lost $700 + shipping and labeling fee

Crazy how fast prices fall on Amazon during the holidays sometimes. I sold through most of my Ender Dragons 21151's September - October for 40-42 (We may get there in the next week or so). Similar story with Shanghai 21039 for 128-130, which is now sub 115. Id guess Shanghai doesn't recover until tax return season. I'm sure their are other examples, but it makes you think.

57 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Crazy how fast prices fall on Amazon during the holidays sometimes. I sold through most of my Ender Dragons 21151's September - October for 40-42 (We may get there in the next week or so). Similar story with Shanghai 21039 for 128-130, which is now sub 115. Id guess Shanghai doesn't recover until tax return season. I'm sure their are other examples, but it makes you think.

think what?

20 hours ago, landphieran said:

Same. I sold 300 end dragons all year long 40+ and now theyve went to 35 but have since recovered. Q4 is a myth! One benefit only! For Volume. If you are a mid size player best to sell rest of year and avoid 1) extra storage fees 2) longer hold time 3) lower sales price and constant repricing as the price spirals lower.

On the end battle note - it looks like there is a new end arena minecraft set coming out January

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Same. I sold 300 end dragons all year long 40+ and now theyve went to 35 but have since recovered. Q4 is a myth! One benefit only! For Volume. If you are a mid size player best to sell rest of year and avoid 1) extra storage fees 2) longer hold time 3) lower sales price and constant repricing as the price spirals lower.

On the end battle note - it looks like there is a new end arena minecraft set coming out January

Have you been moving them with 100+ sellers?  I haven't bothered with counts that high.

5 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Have you been moving them with 100+ sellers?  I haven't bothered with counts that high.

Absolutely yes.

Somehow even when not the buy box (off by $1 or so) I still get a couple of orders a day.

When I won the buy box a week or so ago for a day or so, I moved 200 units in a day or day and a half.

It's all about sales rank, not seller amount.

Edited by Bricklectic

35 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Absolutely yes.

Somehow even when not the buy box (off by $1 or so) I still get a couple of orders a day.

When I won the buy box a week or so ago for a day or so, I moved 200 units in a day or day and a half.

It's all about sales rank, not seller amount.

wow, that's crazy.  never looked at the rank.  crazy that high for a retired set.  I probably need to review some of my inventory

On 11/30/2022 at 8:26 AM, Phil B said:

Sent in a shipment last month. I have a screenshot showing everything was received, before they started doing FC Transfers. Looks like my inventory got transferred to 2 different warehouses. Warehouse 1 received and checked in my inventory, no problems. Warehouse 2 has been in "receiving" state for the last 3 weeks, and today it flipped to "action required" and they ask me to provide proof of ownership. Going to be a pain in the butt to find all the receipts, and not even sure if that is acceptable.

Since I have the screenshot of them having received all my inventory when I sent it in - should I just send that in? Any advice?

So ... turns out there is another way of dealing with this. I couldn't find the screenshot I know I took (that's what getting older does to your brain - be this a warning fellas) and was procrastinating shifting through all my receipts to find "invoices". Today, 5 days later, all my inventory is suddenly checked in with no discrepancies. Issue resolved :)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

Got a fun looking email just now:

image.thumb.png.efc154270c5cdd9f3032dbabce21717a.png

Is this a blemish on my account or metrics? I dont currently sell this item and it looks like I can just close listing on the drop down on the right side here from within my sellers account

image.thumb.png.eaa5e1aa603fd54852a3070d6afa1dfb.png

I get those mails often - normally they vanish after some time, but you can try to upload the Compliance documents which you can get from lego (at least for Compliance needed im the EU)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Got a fun looking email just now:

image.thumb.png.efc154270c5cdd9f3032dbabce21717a.png

Is this a blemish on my account or metrics? I dont currently sell this item and it looks like I can just close listing on the drop down on the right side here from within my sellers account

image.thumb.png.eaa5e1aa603fd54852a3070d6afa1dfb.png

No, It means those items are scheduled to be removed from the Amazon catalog (dog pages) and if someone doesn't upload the proper documents to save that item, then it is gonzo. I have lost 1000s of products over the past few years due to this. Amazon is getting smaller by the day. 

• Thanks 1