Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Ladies and gents... gates on some listings have been lifted. Not all for me, but the ones I needed are open. Might want to check on any listings you've been blocked on the past year. 

Holiday gates are still in effect for me. The better news I got on my end today is that the 175 items I shipped on 11/15 to that FC in NJ finally changed from inbound to FC transfer. Would you believe this ? Finally. Quantities still 0 all throughout though. Looks like I am in for a bunch of recalls after the holidays just in time for the higher fees. While last year was stellar this year has been been difficult. Oh well, it balances out I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so im gated on 42093. but i see its already in my inventory and it seems to let me replenish fba stock. is this a known loophole - once i have it in your catalog im good to go? or will amzn reject it at some point in the process.

if this works ill add everything to catalog now as insurance against gates dropping later

32 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so im gated on 42093. but i see its already in my inventory and it seems to let me replenish fba stock. is this a known loophole - once i have it in your catalog im good to go? or will amzn reject it at some point in the process.

if this works ill add everything to catalog now as insurance against gates dropping later

Gating can happen any time.  You could have created the listing previously, sold some and still get gated.  In my experience you can "replenish" your stock but the inventory will be stranded once there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Am I missing something or are these restock quantity limits new?

Last year i remember per ASIN quantity restrictions but nothing full inventory based. I didn't sell much throughout the year and it may have impacted my quantity limits so i didn't notice?

It is a 2021 thing 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It is a 2021 thing 

As a business person, I recognize who ever thought about this restriction is a genius. However as someone selling this is murdering my profits. This has the unfortunate affect of forcing people to sell off there items to send more in keeping prices low.

Waiting it out will either pay off to an extraordinary degree with prices blasting through and no one with large stores of items available to stop it or you will be screwed as people continue to price down to get more inventory in 😕 

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

As a business person, I recognize who ever thought about this restriction is a genius. However as someone selling this is murdering my profits. This has the unfortunate affect of forcing people to sell off there items to send more in keeping prices low.

Waiting it out will either pay off to an extraordinary degree with prices blasting through and no one with large stores of items available to stop it or you will be screwed as people continue to price down to get more inventory in 😕 

If you keeping churning your inventory and maintain a good IPI they will increase your allocation every Monday. Keep in mind they can always cut it down as well . Amazon doesnt want to act as third parties’ storage unit

• Like 1

saw some sellers are selling 75307 for $40 FBA, how can they still make money?

Advent calendars are way over produced by Lego and way over hoarded by 3PS on Amazon. I could make money on them FBA up until 2018. TRU was still around. But after that Lego flooded the market with these or perhaps people started buying them less. Don’t know. Not touching them anymore even with a 20 ft long pole.

• Like 1

The restock thing caught me by surprise and is an absolute killer. It took 3 to 4 weeks for many of the products I sent in early Nov to even get checked in. Sending stuff in now to replace what I've sold is a giant gamble that it will be available before Christmas. I will be far better prepared for it next year. The lack of flexibility in it and such is the part that frustrates me the most. If I can have a bunch of shoes and clothes, let me just have the damn small stuff.

RE: Advent Cals, I think those who got the Star Wars ones at $23 from BB will be able to do just fine with the Mandalorian ones. And I think the Marvel one, being the first one, prob has some potential, but again, at a buy in close to %50.

They seem to overcorrect on the Advent Cal demand each year, up and down.

The restock thing caught me by surprise and is an absolute killer. It took 3 to 4 weeks for many of the products I sent in early Nov to even get checked in. Sending stuff in now to replace what I've sold is a giant gamble that it will be available before Christmas. I will be far better prepared for it next year. The lack of flexibility in it and such is the part that frustrates me the most. If I can have a bunch of shoes and clothes, let me just have the damn small stuff.
RE: Advent Cals, I think those who got the Star Wars ones at $23 from BB will be able to do just fine with the Mandalorian ones. And I think the Marvel one, being the first one, prob has some potential, but again, at a buy in close to %50.
They seem to overcorrect on the Advent Cal demand each year, up and down.

It’s a longer hold on the advent calendars for sure, but likely worth the wait depending how much capital you have invested in them. The 2020 sets are fetching $60+ and the 2019 sets at getting $75+ on FBA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, landphieran said:

75937 - Jurassic World Triceratops is on the top of my list of underperforming sets this year

I don't know if price violations impact everyone, but I had to reduce mine all the way down to 89.99 to get it activated back in early November. Luckily I had only sent one in. Will save the rest for another year...

Guess Amazon can be helpful every blue moon :

Improved distribution of your products at no additional cost

You can now benefit from Box-Level Inventory Placement when using the Amazon Partnered Carrier program.

Box-level placement improves the distribution of your products across Amazon’s fulfillment network at no additional cost to you. For eligible inventory, we’ll separate your shipment into multiple box groups, allowing your products to reach our fulfillment centers faster.

Other benefits

• Faster fulfillment, since your products will be moved closer to your customers
  • No changes to your shipment fees or current logistics
  • Full visibility into the shipment status for each of your box groups

Next steps

• No action is required from you. Once you select a partnered carrier as part of your shipping plan, we’ll let you know if your shipment qualifies for box-level placement.
  • We’ll contact your partnered carrier directly to process the shipment.

For more information, go to Box-Level Inventory Placement.

7 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Is it too late to ship to FBA? I heard it takes forever to have them listed on Amazon, like if I were to ship it today it won't get listed until January - February. Is it true?

If you ship by tomorrow to an fc that is one day away from you there is a decent chance most of your items will be available for Christmas. Narrow window but doable . If you are sending a lot to flip , I’d say the ship is sailing and you better hurry up and catch it by swimming 

37 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Is it too late to ship to FBA? I heard it takes forever to have them listed on Amazon, like if I were to ship it today it won't get listed until January - February. Is it true?

Figure 2 weeks.  And that just means most of your items -- not all.

I shipped some to LFT1 on 10/24. Delivered on 10/30. This package will never see the light of the day. Been a month since delivery. No signs of getting checked in anytime soon. The issue is this particular FC. Not sure what is going on there. The FC is in CARENCRO, LA.

Edited by vasp