Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

9 hours ago, legorookie34 said:

Can someone still apply to become an Amazon lego reseller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can apply all that you like but getting approved is another matter. You likely won't get very far without a clear selling record on Amazon on ungated products, to ungate the brand, you'll also need access to manufacturer or wholesalers for invoice orders and documentation. But that assumes you've been approved on subcategory toys, which is also gated, and a whole nother hoop to try and jump through.  

On 5/2/2021 at 6:16 AM, redcell said:

Are you trying and running into issues? If so, what are you seeing?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I'm all approved as a re-seller, but just like the other replies mention, it's the whole invoicing thing, sounds like I would need to open my own small business so I can buy in larger quantities etc etc.. sounds like there is a pretty high wall for new entries.. I assume most folks on here have been selling on Amazon for awhile.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, AWES22 said:

Has anyone had success applying to the restricted Legos, like I sell Legos on Amazon but with all the new restricted ones has anyone had any luck? 

On 5/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Mark Twain said:

You can apply all that you like but getting approved is another matter. You likely won't get very far without a clear selling record on Amazon on ungated products, to ungate the brand, you'll also need access to manufacturer or wholesalers for invoice orders and documentation. But that assumes you've been approved on subcategory toys, which is also gated, and a whole nother hoop to try and jump through.  

yeah lots of hoops.. might need to try Walmart :)

FYI:

Hello,

As a part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are no longer supporting collectible condition products in Video Games, Kitchen, Outdoors, Patio, Lawn & Garden, Tools & Home Improvement, and Appliances.

Effective June 30, 2021, you will not be able to list the affected products, and your listings will be removed. This action does not impact your account health.

How can I reinstate my listings?

Since we are no longer supporting the collectible condition starting June 30, 2021, you can create a new listing in "new" or "used" condition, if applicable.

Can I sell my remaining FBA inventory?

If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until June 30, 2021. After this date, you will need to create a removal order. For help in creating a removal order, see:

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/image.png.f18ff8a057bac3480ae648bd9406bc65.png
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/image.png.4e2f66b8357541ee545298a82ead1632.png

I got mine in the mail today. Amazon’s “postcard” is sent via UPS Next Day air with the code and verification was instant. Friendly reminder that your business address is visible to the world in your seller’s account.

257068b43612a27b6a7865d9ab7cf6dd.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I got mine in the mail today. Amazon’s “postcard” is sent via UPS Next Day air with the code and verification was instant. Friendly reminder that your business address is visible to the world in your seller’s account. emoji45.png

257068b43612a27b6a7865d9ab7cf6dd.jpg

they send free lego too? nice.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, Mark Twain said:

I got mine in the mail today. Amazon’s “postcard” is sent via UPS Next Day air with the code and verification was instant. Friendly reminder that your business address is visible to the world in your seller’s account. emoji45.png

A little fishy, says you can't use a P.O. Box, but they'll send the postcard to a P.O. Box just fine.

Is everyone else noticing the 'Labeling & Bubblewrapping" prep requirements on a lot of toys in the last week or two?  I haven't seen it on Lego sets yet, but the majority of action figures are now showing these requirements.  In the past, they haven't enforced the "bubble wrap" requirement in my experience, but i'm not sure about the labeling.  I ship about 50% of my toys direct from suppliers and this is a game changer if it stays.  Most suppliers won't do much prep and so you are out of luck if you can no longer pay Amazon to do the labeling for you (comingling doesn't seem available on most things anymore.) 

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

Is everyone else noticing the 'Labeling & Bubblewrapping" prep requirements on a lot of toys in the last week or two?  I haven't seen it on Lego sets yet, but the majority of action figures are now showing these requirements.  In the past, they haven't enforced the "bubble wrap" requirement in my experience, but i'm not sure about the labeling.  I ship about 50% of my toys direct from suppliers and this is a game changer if it stays.  Most suppliers won't do much prep and so you are out of luck if you can no longer pay Amazon to do the labeling for you (comingling doesn't seem available on most things anymore.) 

Which suppliers?

19 hours ago, cobrakai said:

You can bubble wrap all you want, but if Amazon send them in bubble mailer the packaging for those action figures are still going to be crushed. 
Again, Amazon requires solution that does not fix the problem.   They should have just shipped those figures in boxes.  Problems solved.

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You can bubble wrap all you want, but if Amazon send them in bubble mailer the packaging for those action figures are still going to be crushed. 
Again, Amazon requires solution that does not fix the problem.   They should have just shipped those figures in boxes.  Problems solved.

I think all the complaints about figures shipping in padded envelopes is probably what led to this change. I'm used to sending things in as casepacks and just opening the bottom of the case, stickering the items, then taping it shut again.  This will be an adjustment if it sticks.  It's just weird that I haven't seen it mentioned by any other sellers yet.  I'll post an example link below.  This is not a toy I sell, but it is unreasonable to ask for things like this to be bubblewrapped:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Black-Panther-Titan-12-inch/dp/B072QXDMPV

13 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I think all the complaints about figures shipping in padded envelopes is probably what led to this change. I'm used to sending things in as casepacks and just opening the bottom of the case, stickering the items, then taping it shut again.  This will be an adjustment if it sticks.  It's just weird that I haven't seen it mentioned by any other sellers yet.  I'll post an example link below.  This is not a toy I sell, but it is unreasonable to ask for things like this to be bubblewrapped:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Black-Panther-Titan-12-inch/dp/B072QXDMPV

At $11 FBA, you need to source those at $6-$7 a piece to make any profit after bubblewrapping and paying FBA fees. 

Perhaps the other sellers are not complaining because they have the capacity / overhead to do that?  Cost of business for FBA, as they say ;)

18 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

At $11 FBA, you need to source those at $6-$7 a piece to make any profit after bubblewrapping and paying FBA fees. 

Perhaps the other sellers are not complaining because they have the capacity / overhead to do that?  Cost of business for FBA, as they say ;)

There is a thread on the forums about it now:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/fba-bug-almost-all-toys-now-require-bubblewrap/836890

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I'm always curious about how people calculate profit and loss.

For that toy, the Amazon calculator is telling me that if I buy at $6 and sell at $11, I'd take a loss of about 47 cents.

13 minutes ago, Jackson said:

For that toy, the Amazon calculator is telling me that if I buy at $6 and sell at $11, I'd take a loss of about 47 cents.

There are many factors that will influence the final cost so just use a round percentage for reference.  I always figure 30%.

18 minutes ago, Jackson said:

You caught me on that calculation. I did not use Amzn calculator to come up with $6 :P

Those sellers probably got that toy for $1 each anyway