Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

As mentioned before, I submitted identity documents yesterday for my business (separate entity) and just received email that its complete.  Seller Central says I'm active again.  All listings were inactive previously.  I have been doing mostly FBM and only had 12 active FBA.  Now only 4 of the FBA are active.  Seems to be about a 50/50 split between FBM active and inactive.  Any inactive listing I click on is requiring approval.

And of course, "high pricing error" on 75274 again!!!

Edited by gmpirate

I have my doubts it's a glitch.  This is something Amazon would do.
I had about half of my listings switched to inactive.  As far as i'm concerned this is the end of the road for lego investing for me.  Jeff Bezos can FO.  I'm moving all my sets to ebay and cashing out of this hobby.

May have to do the same. I don’t have invoices for my sets as they are retired and purchases made years ago. They also asked me to reverify my identity, hoping this activates my listings. I recall something similar happening 4-5 years ago. Been selling on Amazon for almost 10 years no issues. Now this big FU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brick625 said:

If someone can chime in with advice on how to get ungated, I would appreciate it. Please DM if you prefer. 

I have been selling since 2011 and have never had this issue. Have a few boxes on the way to Amazon. 

Similar situation here.  Been on amazon since 2010.  Any advice is very much appreciated.

21 hours ago, SleepingGiant said:

Something similar to this happened in Sept 2022. For me the original approval in my case history somehow disappeared.  Then the next day there was a new version of the original Lego brand approval as of Sept 2022 (I never reapplied).  I'm crossing my fingers this is just another glitch and it will resolve itself.  

Fortunately I'm still able to list Lego at this time (I'm not seeing any restrictions yet) and none of my active listing are offline or showing at risk. Could it have something to do with account health?  In an effort to pinpoint a root cause, we have 1000 health with only a couple minor violations and all show "no impact".   

This does not change the fact I've had a couple panic attacks and been sick to my stomach for the past 5 hours.

Selling on Amazon is brutal on one's health      

Taking a TUMS right now

1 hour ago, brunoros1 said:

Well, I bought my 10 Lego key chains just in case this isn’t a glitch after all. I will wait and see but desperate time desperate measure. Nothing to lose anymore anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious that you can basically buy 10 keychains from lego.com to bypass the corporate lockout?  If that's the case, that sounds too easy and i'll make that purchase NOW.  I'm also in the camp where i've never been gated, and this is my first round being locked out, so if I can beat the corporate lockout, i'd like to so I can sell out my remaining inventory..  But, i've only sold mostly lego, schleich and pokemon on amazon and nothing else, and i'm not some major seller wheeling out 90 boxes of plastic crap per day.  I'm in the this-is-just-a-hobby-side-hustle.  So any advice to beat the lockout, then i'm in.  Amazon is definitely better ROI than ebay.

The key chain thing worked many times before for various members so it is a very viable course to try but it is not a guarantee. Other folks were successful with amazon and other online retailers receipts. It depends on who is reviewing the application and the bots.

not sure why ppl feel they don’t need to share and that’s not an attack on anyone . 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

The key chain thing worked many times before for various members so it is a very viable course to try but it is not a guarantee. Other folks were successful with amazon and other online retailers receipts. It depends on who is reviewing the application and the bots.

not sure why ppl feel they don’t need to share and that’s not an attack on anyone . 

Shane and wolf of bricks will walk you through exactly what to do for a small fee lol

• Like 1

Guess I will ask again since it seems there's a lot of voices on here right now . . .

If you are selling on Amazon as a separate business entity, will Amazon accept the lego invoice/receipt with you personal name?  I can add/change the address to reflect my warehouse, but wasn't sure if that would work.

Amazon does have my personal name and address as part of the "re-verification" process.

Or, I see in the Lego address field I can add a "company name (optional)".  Will filling that out work?  Could have sworn I heard somewhere in the past that Lego would not ship to business addresses . . .  although that does not seem to make sense.

Edited by gmpirate

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
10 minutes ago, fossilrock said:
Haha.. i'm buying 10 mando keychains.  Worth a try.  Better get your keychains now before there's a run on them at lego.com .

edit...well darn... lego.com has a limit of 2 per keychain.

Check older keychains, they should have higher limits.

Not to go too far off topic, but...
I remember when I bought a ton of Emmet & Wyldstyle keychains for $0.99 each at SAH (6-7 years ago).
Seeing these "sale" prices of $4.79 is sad. Do they ever drop keychains like the used to, to ~$1-2?

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Guess I will ask again since it seems there's a lot of voices on here right now . . .

If you are selling on Amazon as a separate business entity, will Amazon accept the lego invoice/receipt with you personal name?  I can add/change the address to reflect my warehouse, but wasn't sure if that would work.

Amazon does have my personal name and address as part of the "re-verification" process.

Maybe , depending on who is reviewing it but no guarantees. It has been accepted before. Past success doesn’t ensure it will 

16 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
21 minutes ago, fossilrock said:
Haha.. i'm buying 10 mando keychains.  Worth a try.  Better get your keychains now before there's a run on them at lego.com .

edit...well darn... lego.com has a limit of 2 per keychain.

Check older keychains, they should have higher limits.

Sweet.  If you go outside of the star wars and marvel themes some of the keychains have limits of 50.  Especially in the CMF realm. 

Edited by fossilrock

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Yes,they've accepted mine in the past. I have not been impacted thus far (knocks on wood) and have been selling on amazon a long a$$ time.

Have we been able to pinpoint the root cause... or what the bots didn't like?  Was it individuals (not businesses) who were grandfathered in?  Is everyone that's having the issue have to go through account re verification? 

While I agree Lego should do everything to protect their brand it's the hobby sellers, collectors and legitimate lego resellers that have made their brand as valuable as it is today.  Kill off those 3 groups and I would bet my life's savings that in 2-3 years Amazon and the big box warehouses are packed to the ceiling with unsold Lego  and cutting their orders to Lego in half.   This honestly makes no sense ... unless there is a specific group of account types causing 80% of the problems ... but even then... why send heart attack inducing emails to everyone???  

Have we been able to pinpoint the root cause... or what the bots didn't like?  Was it individuals (not businesses) who were grandfathered in?  Is everyone that's having the issue have to go through account re verification? 
While I agree Lego should do everything to protect their brand it's the hobby sellers, collectors and legitimate lego resellers that have made their brand as valuable as it is today.  Kill off those 3 groups and I would bet my life's savings that in 2-3 years Amazon and the big box warehouses are packed to the ceiling with unsold Lego  and cutting their orders to Lego in half.   This honestly makes no sense ... unless there is a specific group of account types causing 80% of the problems ... but even then... why send heart attack inducing emails to everyone???  

This had nothing to do with Lego and everything to do with Amazon. There were a number of high-profile brands that were affected. I am curious about who is immune and who is not. If there's any commonality between those that were not affected, it's that none of their listings were removed. AFAIK, they still need to submit invoices in order to list new product.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

My Lego.com receipt received back a rejection notice. The same type that I submitted to get ungated previously.  I'll give it a few days and try again I suppose.

Thank you for your application to sell  LEGO . We have reviewed the documentation you provided and determined that it does not meet our requirements for the following reasons:           

-- You have provided an invoice that has not been fulfilled by the supplier. Work with your supplier to obtain an invoice that has been fulfilled.

1 minute ago, brickvoyeur said:

My Lego.com receipt received back a rejection notice. The same type that I submitted to get ungated previously.  I'll give it a few days and try again I suppose.

Thank you for sharing. If Rejections do not close the ability to reapply, theres apparently no harm in throwing everything at the wall, hopefully we can get get reps that approve at some point

Question is though, does a reapplication go to same rep and is just responding to the same case, or is it closed and you are creating a new case essentially by reapplying

10 hours ago, SleepingGiant said:

While I agree Lego should do everything to protect their brand it's the hobby sellers, collectors and legitimate lego resellers that have made their brand as valuable as it is today.  Kill off those 3 groups and I would bet my life's savings that in 2-3 years Amazon and the big box warehouses are packed to the ceiling with unsold Lego  and cutting their orders to Lego in half.   This honestly makes no sense ... 

Kinda off topic from the  ongoing issue. Part of me thinks LEGO is testing the market by allowing certain sets to linger on after retirement by continue selling them at amazon and Walmart…seeing how it affects the supply and demand of a retired product and seeing if it decreases the sales of a current set from resellers. They sure found a way to keep us guessing for now.