Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

I don't have alot of inventory at Amazon right now but out of the 6 asins for lego I have, they have all been blocked for approval yet only 2 of the 6 are stranded and the other 4 are still active and selling (even with it saying I need approval when I check the exact same asins).  I lowered the price by a few bucks just to clear them out the day of the email but are still selling as of today.  

46 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

crazy.  you would think prices would spike since the supply went down.  Maybe a lot of people are just saying the heck with this.  It's how I'm feeling.  Profits are getting slimmer and retirements much more unpredictable.  And with Amazon constantly reminding us of the power they wield . . .

This is one of the ones that is probably still active for anyone who already had the listing created, but is gated for new listings (for those of us who were impacted by the recent gating). If you look at Keepa, the seller count didn't see a drop on this listing like many/most of the other LEGO listings. So, this is someone (or multiple people) cutting their prices to liquidate their inventory before this listing gets gated too.

I have a bunch of listings that are still active even though I'm gated from editing the listing or anything else. On all of those listings, I'm not seeing dramatic drops in seller count. On all of the ones that went inactive, I'm seeing very big drops in seller counts. So, it appears that Amazon left the same listings active for many/most people and made the same ones inactive for many/most people. Several of the ones that were left active are seeing similar price drops as people race to the bottom in order to liquidate inventory before the other shoe drops.

Edited by skinsfan0521
double post

Something really strange is going on. 

I was just about to submit my approval but then it let me list the product without submitting an approval. I go to my inventory page and all of my LEGO say approval required. However when I click on it it says I can sell this product even though I never submitted an approval. Everyone double check as this might have just been a glitch. 

Just a side note I was grandfathered in the first time since I have been selling since late 2013

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Something really strange is going on. 

I was just about to submit my approval but then it let me list the product without submitting an approval. I go to my inventory page and all of my LEGO say approval required. However when I click on it it says I can sell this product even though I never submitted an approval. Everyone double check as this might have just been a glitch. 

Just a side note I was grandfathered in the first time since I have been selling since late 2013

Same here on the listing I was monitoring for this:
image.png.687f8514fc4a7e82d1f891cd6687b8b3.png

Suddenly ungated again....

i am 100% fbm. 

multiple listing have just returned to active.

now when i click edit button, it is letting me modify the listing.  not sure if any of these things will trigger a change for the listing to go active but they seem to be reversing.

it is now allowing me to create a new lisitng which i have just done so will be interesting to see if that goes active or immediately dead.  previously when i tried to create any new listing it would take me to the paperwork submission page.  i have submitted nothing and done nothing other than sell my a$$ off on every listing i am not blocked on.  good time$.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

I'm now seeing the same as other recent commenters--I can list LEGO as normal, no approval required.

That said, my listings that switched to inactive that have FBA inventory in stock remain that way. My listings don't appear as purchasable. If I try to list those same ASINs, I have no issue.

So, has anybody's inactive and in-stock inventory switched back to active?

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Is he dumb or just pretending to be? you cant just have any business write you an invoice . Amazon wants one from an approved distributor or the manufacturer and does maintain a database of said suppliers. Can the Amazon reviewer mess up and approve it ? Sure, but they do that with receipts. Plus this can be construed as providing Amazon with fake invoices and thats a totally different level of sh*t

That's a classic case of advice that is worth the amount that was paid for it.  

6 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

I'm now seeing the same as other recent commenters--I can list LEGO as normal, no approval required.

That said, my listings that switched to inactive that have FBA inventory in stock remain that way. My listings don't appear as purchasable. If I try to list those same ASINs, I have no issue.

So, has anybody's inactive and in-stock inventory switched back to active?

I just had to edit it - theres an option under stranded inventory - once fixed, its up for sale again, (at a higher price, as not everyone has relisted theirs yet)

• Thanks 1

Amazon has been real **** show lately.  I created 4 shipments a few weeks back and scheduled them for LTL freight pickup.  After receiving no bills of lading for about a week, I pestered seller support who transferred the case to logistics who told me that I had to delete the existing shipments because of an error on their end and create new ones.  After creating new shipments for about half of the shipping plan, restickering and rewrapping 6 pallets, I get bills of lading for the original shipment with a pickup date.  

• Sad 1

Personally, I think that Ebay just went ALL IN on their free “Ebay International Shipping” program due to Amazon’s recent silly decision, which in turn caused Amazon to have a holy sh!t moment and ungate everyone again.  Ebay’s move just opened up selling to 200+ more countries for free for (I’m guessing) every Ebay seller.  Gotta love marketplace wars…

• Haha 1

Ditto and it worked for me, as well.

Same here. After 24 hours of panic and trying to figure out how and what to remove first, back online we go. Been selling on Amazon since 2012, been through a couple “scares”, but still standing for now. The future is questionable with this stunt. Going to have to hold back and increase my eBay presence once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk