Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

6 minutes ago, joch29 said:

Kinda off topic from the  ongoing issue. Part of me thinks LEGO is testing the market by allowing certain sets to linger on after retirement by continue selling them at amazon and Walmart…seeing how it affects the supply and demand of a retired product and seeing if it decreases the sales of a current set from resellers. They sure found a way to keep us guessing for now.

LEGO spends a lot less time worrying about resellers than most resellers think they do.  Sets linger because the retailers order more of a given set than they can sell through in the time they originally projected. 

• Like 3

I had a Lego receipt from February where I ordered a few sets and some Pick-a-Brick items.  The piece counts of the various parts ended up in the quantity column of the invoice.  It's an easy way to meet the quantity requirement on the invoice if you don't want to buy a bunch of keychains.  The downside would be that Pick-a-Brick orders usually take longer to fill.  

I used this receipt for submission to Amazon and got approved so this seems to work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, axmpxl said:

I had a Lego receipt from February where I ordered a few sets and some Pick-a-Brick items.  The piece counts of the various parts ended up in the quantity column of the invoice.  It's an easy way to meet the quantity requirement on the invoice if you don't want to buy a bunch of keychains.  The downside would be that Pick-a-Brick orders usually take longer to fill.  

I used this receipt for submission to Amazon and got approved so this seems to work. 

Coincidentally, I just placed a PAB order on Monday to get the GWPs. Tuesday I received an Invoice with the line item "Bestseller" elements listed so this might be a cheap and fast solution. 

Article     Product        Description                      Quantity     Unit Price    Price 

6349966 89520     MINI KNIGHT`S HELMET      10                 0.34           3.40

9 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I don't do Amazon but are you saying with all of the technology they have that you can submit an invoice for a $.34 mini helmet and that will work for a Death Star listing? If so, why do they even try to limit things in the first place? That's crazy.

it isnt crazy, it is Amazon 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I don't do Amazon but are you saying with all of the technology they have that you can submit an invoice for a $.34 mini helmet and that will work for a Death Star listing? If so, why do they even try to limit things in the first place? That's crazy.

The more they automate (and hire cheap labor to follow scripts), the more good, honest sellers get shafted and scammers keep selling.

23 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Something to think about trying, for you guys with business name issues in getting ungated again.

Is he dumb or just pretending to be? you cant just have any business write you an invoice . Amazon wants one from an approved distributor or the manufacturer and does maintain a database of said suppliers. Can the Amazon reviewer mess up and approve it ? Sure, but they do that with receipts. Plus this can be construed as providing Amazon with fake invoices and thats a totally different level of sh*t

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Is he dumb or just pretending to be? you cant just have any business write you an invoice . Amazon wants one from an approved distributor or the manufacturer and does maintain a database of said suppliers. Can the Amazon reviewer mess up and approve it ? Sure, but they do that with receipts. Plus this can be construed as providing Amazon with fake invoices and thats a totally different level of sh*t

I had Amazon actually call EE Distribution to verify an invoice last year.  I only noticed because EE now charges a "fee" for verifying invoices with Amazon and I noticed the charge on my account.

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I had Amazon actually call EE Distribution to verify an invoice last year.  I only noticed because EE now charges a "fee" for verifying invoices with Amazon and I noticed the charge on my account.

yes, they have done this for at least a year or so. I get them all the time. My rep emailed me back btw and is aware of the need for Lego invoices. They are going to see what they can do. 

13 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's EE Distribution?

I wonder what response Lego would give when asked to verify receipts for Amazon resellers?

Maybe they gave that response and that's why my application got bounced the first time? lol maybe I can finally get off this ride since I've yet to have the will to get off by myself. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

23 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

when they verify invoice, are they just checking if it is authentic? Or more along the lines if the "distributor" is a official authorized distributor?

I believe they are checking authenticity. They supposedly have a list of authorized distributors for various products. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

if that's the information he's selling on his Patreon channel then I am glad I am not one of his subscribers 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, axmpxl said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Re-verification. I’m going to do something similar and will report back once mine is reviewed.

Just for clarification…once yours was approved, did all LEGO ASINs become available to list again? 

59 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

crazy.  you would think prices would spike since the supply went down.  Maybe a lot of people are just saying the heck with this.  It's how I'm feeling.  Profits are getting slimmer and retirements much more unpredictable.  And with Amazon constantly reminding us of the power they wield . . .

3 minutes ago, ingotheranchhand said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Re-verification. I’m going to do something similar and will report back once mine is reviewed.

Just for clarification…once yours was approved, did all LEGO ASINs become available to list again? 

Do lego packing slips actually say "invoice"?

7 minutes ago, ingotheranchhand said:

"re-verification" is a separate issue and does not effect fixing "approval" status.  After "re-verification" I still cannot list new items and roughly half my inventory (or more) is still "inactive".

Getting "approval" will fix "most" of your listings.  There are always exceptions -- some nothing you can do and some you can get fixed.

Edited by gmpirate

Something to think about trying, for you guys with business name issues in getting ungated again.

Don't waste your time with this video. There's only so many other places he could be selling. Could be Walmart online.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk