Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

it is allowing my to see account health. issue is ID verification, that I just did .... wtf

Your account is at risk of deactivation.

To comply with the INFORM Consumers Act, which goes into effect on June 27, 2023, Amazon needs to collect and verify information about your Selling on Amazon account. Currently, you have one or more verification action items pending. Please review the list below and visit the Seller Account Information page to start verification.

it is allowing my to see account health. issue is ID verification, that I just did .... wtf

Your account is at risk of deactivation.

To comply with the INFORM Consumers Act, which goes into effect on June 27, 2023, Amazon needs to collect and verify information about your Selling on Amazon account. Currently, you have one or more verification action items pending. Please review the list below and visit the Seller Account Information page to start verification.

Well then I guess it must be the same for my account and I too just got verified. In fact it was just this morning early that I got the email I was verified. Time to leave Amazon alone for tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

When I click on Account info I get another internal error.  I'm afraid to touch anything in fear of a nuclear explosion.  Probably just need to go to bed and pretend this never happened.  :( 

I made it to tax verification, first step was to choose country , USA not listed . Oh well try again tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Welcome to amateur programming hour hosted by Amazon, paid for by FBM & FBA sellers :D

Seriously, this is the 1st thing you teach new hires: "DO NOT push untested codes up to Production environment"

100%.  I just found this job posting ...  

SVP of Application Development at Amazon

Looking for a young energetic person with little to no programming skills who's looking to work in an ultra competitive fast paced environment with zero accountability. Where our department motto is "UAT who?  Never heard of Him." 

Salary 20k + Free Amazon Prime Subscription  

• Haha 1

Account Health still shows warning box for Inform Consumer Act but the Account Info page looks normal now.

I saw the info page last night where the drop down list for Country showed every other countries EXCEPT USA.  I should have taken a snapshot.  Imagine all of the conspiracy theories based on Amazon not recognizing US as a country :devil:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Account Health still shows warning box for Inform Consumer Act but the Account Info page looks normal now.

I saw the info page last night where the drop down list for Country showed every other countries EXCEPT USA.  I should have taken a snapshot.  Imagine all of the conspiracy theories based on Amazon not recognizing US as a country :devil:

True that.

54 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

Just got a proof of insurance requirement from Amazon. I’m curious to know what y’all use for insurance to satisfy amazons requirements. It seems pretty ridiculous to me to have this policy requirement. Does anyone use umbrella policy?

Your personal umbrella does not cover the liability coverage amazon  needs.

55 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

Just got a proof of insurance requirement from Amazon. I’m curious to know what y’all use for insurance to satisfy amazons requirements. It seems pretty ridiculous to me to have this policy requirement. Does anyone use umbrella policy?

Just call your agent and tell them what you need.  Pretty standard business policy.  Make sure the certificate names Amazon.  I just reviewed for $1250 in CA.

Although the account page now looks normal if you look at the tax section at the bottom of the screen you may see INFORM Tax Interview and clicking on that link brings you right back to the Country Selection menu that does not have the United States as a country.

Snippet taken from a post in the seller forums on amazon

"Hi Folks,

We reached out to Seller Support, and were given the following response:

"Please know that Service Owners confirmed that sellers based in the US (US business location) are not required to complete the INFORM Act Tax Questionnaire.

They have identified a technical issue on their end which has resulted in the link being displayed to these sellers and they are working to remove it.

For which we thank you for ignoring the message that is coming to you."

• Like 2

Snippet taken from a post in the seller forums on amazon

"Hi Folks,
We reached out to Seller Support, and were given the following response:
"Please know that Service Owners confirmed that sellers based in the US (US business location) are not required to complete the INFORM Act Tax Questionnaire.
They have identified a technical issue on their end which has resulted in the link being displayed to these sellers and they are working to remove it.
For which we thank you for ignoring the message that is coming to you."

Correct! That choice just disappeared from the Tax information box at the bottom of my account information page. I still have the “account at risk “ banner in the main page and my account health rating is barely above 200 with no issue whatsoever reported in my account health page. My problem is that I never really checked what my account health rating was before yesterday so I don’t know my normal baseline. So annoying.

1 hour ago, brunoros1 said:

Correct! That choice just disappeared from the Tax information box at the bottom of my account information page. I still have the “account at risk “ banner in the main page and my account health rating is barely above 200 with no issue whatsoever reported in my account health page. My problem is that I never really checked what my account health rating was before yesterday so I don’t know my normal baseline. So annoying.

Account health was set up to help offset defects IE someone saying your item is fake, So the more you sell the higher the score,  in theory you won't get kicked off with 1 complaint so with a score of 200 your at base safe range, 1 A-Z or negative feedback and you will be at risk.

We are at 1000 and most of the time have  a active complaint  of a lego  being fake (Of course they are not), So with the score at 1k nothing ever happens

• Like 1

Well Walmart don't think its usa only just got this

Due to applicable law, you are required to annually confirm your contact and related information to be able to continue to participate as a seller on Walmart Marketplace. You must respond to this request within five business days of receipt of this communication.  Please click on the link below to complete this request.

1 hour ago, Tonka858 said:

Account health was set up to help offset defects IE someone saying your item is fake, So the more you sell the higher the score,  in theory you won't get kicked off with 1 complaint so with a score of 200 your at base safe range, 1 A-Z or negative feedback and you will be at risk.

We are at 1000 and most of the time have  a active complaint  of a lego  being fake (Of course they are not), So with the score at 1k nothing ever happens

5 violations of the same type will put your account at risk of suspension regardless of score 

5 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

5 violations of the same type will put your account at risk of suspension regardless of score 

We have never hit 5 I think most i have seen for suspected fake is 3, They never take the listing down, After 6 months they fall off.

Hi all, so is the consensus to just ignore this message for the time being due to glitch.  I completed the reverify earlier this week so not sure what else I'm supposed to do.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_05/image.thumb.png.9d46b792f7d59aa42bce90106ce88de6.png

Nothing to do. I have checked all day to see if anything new would pop up in the account info page but nothing is there to start any verification process of supposedly pending items ? Just need to wait and see. In the mean time the forum is fun to read. Lots of pissed off sellers.

• Like 1