2014 - Set List

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

The "Juniors" sets look cool and seem to bridge the gap between Duplo and Lego.  Since there appears to be a lot of children in this age group, I think these sets will be very popular hence, too many produced for investing in.  However, Spiderman may be very sought after if Lego don't forecast enormous demand.

Guest eightbrick

New from Walmart.ca. There are a lot so I'll just choose one from each theme:

Creator: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Creator&year=2014

31021-1.jpg

Love this one! The Mountain hut is pretty rocking too!
Friends: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Friends&year=2014

41037-1.jpg

This one is great too, will probably fill the hole that the creator seaside house leaves when it retires.

Disney Princess: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Disney%20Princesses

41054-1.jpg

City:

60061-1.jpg

Big changes for Hero Factory too: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=HERO%20Factory&year=2014

44022-1.jpg

Check 'em out at Brickset: http://www.brickset.com/

Damn, those furry creatures (cat&mouse) are pretty sweet! To the entire Creator 2014 line: "Where have you been all my life????" They`re all pretty cool. That hasn`t happened before. First time for official animal MoC type creations, right? Don`t recall anything before. 

The Junior sets aren`t that bad. They`re sure to please the younger ones, but unlikely anyone older. Also on the plus side, cheap way to get certain figures. Hopefully that doesn`t deflate the value of the current ones (SH that is). 

Princess line looks great for the most part! They really do invoke my feminine side (don`t worry, it`s pretty tame....well....sort of... :laugh:) and I`d better stop looking at them before the desire to purchase them all exceeds healthy limits. 

Here's another one.  It's the Sunshine Ranch:

41039-1.jpg

Very pretty. I already like this better than the cumbersome Summer Riding Camp. I'm not clear what those 2 roof flaps are for though. The inset picture is too small to tell. Is it supposed to be some sort of eco, solar-panel thing? Does that barn need airing out? I really liked the lift-up roof on the Heartlake Stable. Especially since there was a hidden loft underneath.

Yay! A rooster!

Nice. I'm glad they updated the box art. Prince Eric finally looks right! Cinderella's carriage looks a lot better too.

Neat pieces: the purple glitter starfish in Ariel's Secret Treasures, and those hearts in Cinderella's castle. Are those hearts a Belville revival?

I still wish they had made Rapunzel's Tower a bigger set so we could get a taller tower. I'm talking Orthanc proportions.

At least it's better than Jack Stone...

4618-1.jpg

LOL...Jack Stone sets were one of my first "real" LEGO sets. That's probably the only reason why I love 'em though. They have some unique molds (the plane's turbines are pretty cool pieces), and stuff, but the minifigures kill me everytime I take them out. A minifigure that is impossible to take apart.

I did an overhaul to the main post by adding links to all currently known sets as well as tweaked a few bits of info.

I'm not clear what those 2 roof flaps are for though. The inset picture is too small to tell. Is it supposed to be some sort of eco, solar-panel thing? Does that barn need airing out?

Have you ever smelled the 'fritters' horses leave behind? :blink: Yeah, I would say any barn needs airing out! :lol:

"It's a small world after all..."

Neat pieces: the purple glitter starfish in Ariel's Secret Treasures, and those hearts in Cinderella's castle. Are those hearts a Belville revival?

Actually I have seen many parts and colors which originated from Belleville in the Friends and now Disney Princess sets so I wouldn't be surprised.

I still wish they had made Rapunzel's Tower a bigger set so we could get a taller tower. I'm talking Orthanc proportions.

Buy multiples and MOC it!

Good going, Quacs. Now I have to buy a few to build a full circle tower! :frantics:

The minifigs for the "junior" sets are standard figs, correct?

Yes, they are thankfully. Aside from the builds' simplicity, the only real 'junior' part in those sets is this thing.

11650c01.jpg

I can find a use for anything else in those sets but that darn piece. I mean, look at it! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Added some more known retails across the board paricularly in City and Creator. At least this year most sets seem to be priced fairly well (except High Speed Police Chase) like the Creator smalls actually going back to their original retail of $4.99 instead of the increase from this one to $6.99. I guess ditching the plastic tub and going back to the box reduced cost somehow. Also a few more Mixels have popped up.

Maybe I'll get an 007 award for this... Anyway, I was at Walmart and found some 2014 sets that haven't been released yet.  I thought I'd share the prices with everybody.  All these are US prices.

Furry Creatures: $19.99

Heartlake Juice Bar: $29.99

Mobile Police Unit: $44.99

Police Patrol: $44.99

Mountain Hut: $39.99

There was also a new Duplo set for $14.99 that consisted of a bunch of ice cream cones.  I've never seen it on Brickset or anywhere else.