2014 - Set List

Well, now I know where the "Recruitment" idea came from. Check out what is stated in the image here at the bottom under Success Factors.

gallery_2081_28_4897.jpg

"Recruitment into the Star Wars IP."

Reminds me of the translation error for this year's supposed Castle Legends with all of us trying to figure out what set Lego was going to possibly re-release. Anyway, it appears as though they are trying to take the City theme's 'Great Vehicles' idea and implement it into the Star Wars franchise as well as a lot of decently priced sets over a bunch of expensive ones not many can get. This projected list will change with more additions I'm sure but I think many kids (and parents) will be happy to see so many Star Wars sets that aren't starting at $70-$100. I know I will be and my wallet as well.

Guest eightbrick

Mother of Megablok. The recruitment sets look like they were originally Fisher Price toys that got abandoned in a toxic landfill. Forget target age, it looks like they were trying to make these appeal to blind people. Thank goodness for the battle packs.

Actually, after looking at the recruitment sets for awhile, they look sort of cute. Ugly-cute.

Guest eightbrick

Taking a more serious look at the sets than my previous post, it looks like they completely re-did the direction of the line. We are back to one-faction battle packs but this time they stand alone (they don't come in opposite faction "pairs"). They kick start a great vehicles line and a recruitment line. And overall the sets seem less complex and cheaper. It looks as if they are aiming to get kids hooked even younger. Smart way to attract casual fans, but it might hurt hard-core collectors - they are crying up a river on some other forums.

PS: Did anyone take a closer look at those guns? They appear to have some sort of firing mechanism. And I thought flick-fires looked bad...

Took me long enough to get around to it but I finally updated the list with many of the rumored sets we have heard about as well as the confirmed ones like those Star Wars Microfighters. The City sets sound the least correct as most of those set names sound like offerings from last year and a couple of years ago.

Did anyone take a closer look at those guns? They appear to have some sort of firing mechanism. And I thought flick-fires looked bad...

Yes. They look like handheld flick fire missile guns. Ah well, another weapon for the Lego arsenal is good with me.

At the risk of being yelled at, how many more Star Wars sets are coming out in the years to come? Will this not lead to over saturation of the market with things being in mini/midi/expert levels for the vehicles? I would have thought that if they released the sets as per the movies, that would be it but all of these additional vehicles from the Star Wars universe does make it interesting but also near impossible for the average person to collect, yet alone invest.

I guess 2014 has no new technic sets, they have worn themselves out in 2013 coming up with new sets..

I must admit I'm a bit dissapointed with the sets announced. But it's still early and who knows what is still waiting for us in 2014. The new creator modular can be very interesting if done nicely. But as many of you already noted, the Star wars line is becoming a re-release of re-released sets. Nothing new there and slowly people will start losing interest since most of them own at least one copy of every vehicle already released.

I'm a bit sorry they won't release an UCS Star destroyer. I want one badly :D

It took a long time to piece together the complete "List of 2013" thread and all we are seeing right now is only the start of next year's offerings. Technic is not going anywhere ever. It's way too huge of a staple in Lego's product line to up and leave. The currently known list of Star Wars sets is rather miniscule; more will be added down the road and those should be the big designs. Nothing for Creator or Legends of Chima has been announced yet either and we already know more are on their way. Everyone relax and give the list time to mature. There will be tidbits of info for some pleasant surprises in the coming months. ;)

It took a long time to piece together the complete "List of 2013" thread and all we are seeing right now is only the start of next year's offerings. Technic is not going anywhere ever. It's way too huge of a staple in Lego's product line to up and leave. The currently known list of Star Wars sets is rather miniscule; more will be added down the road and those should be the big designs. Nothing for Creator or Legends of Chima has been announced yet either and we already know more are on their way. Everyone relax and give the list time to mature. There will be tidbits of info for some pleasant surprises in the coming months. ;)

Hey Orc, the Legends of Chima sets were revealed last week ;)

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-legends-of-chima-2014-sets-revealed/

• Like 1

Hey Orc, the Legends of Chima sets were revealed last week ;)

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-legends-of-chima-2014-sets-revealed/

Oh, thanks for that! ^_^ I like the part about there being sets for the Scorpion, Spider, Rhino, Bear, and Bat tribes. I know LowestFormOfWit will be esctactic getting the Bear tribe finally, and I can't wait to see how the Scorpions will look like. Sweet!

Oh, thanks for that! ^_^ I like the part about there being sets for the Scorpion, Spider, Rhino, Bear, and Bat tribes. I know LowestFormOfWit will be esctactic getting the Bear tribe finally, and I can't wait to see how the Scorpions will look like. Sweet!

Did someone say Scorpion? The image was from one of the trailers from a few weeks ago. I'm not totally sure if the Bears will be in the Winter wave though.

unknown_chima.jpg

Did someone say Scorpion? The image was from one of the trailers from a few weeks ago. 

unknown_chima.jpg

Cool. The head must have some awesome printing under there. :D

I'm not totally sure if the Bears will be in the Winter wave though.

They probably will be. All they seem to do is hibernate. :lol:

Anyway, I updated the list in the main post for Chima.

Guest idunno101

There's a link here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85698&st=50#entry1673216

This is for descriptions for some of the City sets if you want to update the main post.

Guest eightbrick

This just showed up on Brickset along with another small Creator sets supposedly from 2014. I'm loving the look of it, the detail is fantastic, I don't think we have ever seen a small brickbuilt animal like that officially made by Lego... it's miles ahead of the one that came in that XPod several years ago. What do you guys think about it?

31019-1.jpg

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=31019-1

"This just showed up on Brickset along with another small Creator sets supposedly from 2014. I'm loving the look of it, the detail is fantastic, I don't think we have ever seen a small brickbuilt animal like that officially made by Lego... it's miles ahead of the one that came in that XPod several years ago. What do you guys think about it?

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=31019-1"

It sure looks very nice, but I think it's not as small as you might think. Look at the bricks on the monkey - he'll probably be at least 10cm high IMO. This set could do nicely considering we didn't see anything similar yet.