2014 - Set List

I was suprised to see that plenty of the Agents sets support hefty growth.  I had no idea it was that popular on he secondary market!

I'm guessing that many people did not think that this theme was going to do goo in the secondary market. They were wrong. The Agents theme has a nice CAGR of 13.95%.

I think this is quite obvious.  They do whatever makes money.  I also feel that it seems to be real lazy of lego.  How many Anakin starfighters do we need?  Or the fact they basically use the same ship and just change its colors (plo koon's ship etc).  Finally, some of their remakes are almost identical to the previous model.  Maybe they should just do what they are doing with the death star and never retire it. Instead of remaking the current X-wing, just never retire it :)

Do you really want LEGO to make each set for all of eternity?  You can kiss the secondary LEGO market goodbye.  There is no need to recreate the wheel.  By keeping sets similar over the years, it keeps costs down and pleases the masses.  In a way, I am glad that there are not too many "great" sets being produced.  Why?  Because it would force me to buy them all...LOL

Do you really want LEGO to make each set for all of eternity?  You can kiss the secondary LEGO market goodbye.  There is no need to recreate the wheel.  By keeping sets similar over the years, it keeps costs down and pleases the masses.  In a way, I am glad that there are not too many "great" sets being produced.  Why?  Because it would force me to buy them all...LOL

I was just being facetious.  Like you mentioned about the lack of great star wars sets, I have actually ended up skipping some of the newer ones.   I think I went on a 3 year binge where I purchased every star wars set.  Now I pick and choose.

Guess I will hold off on buying the original cantina.  Also, do we need another AT-AT?  At least bring back the motorized one :)

Once again these star wars remakes will have a negative impact on earlier versions.  Seems like lego is shooting out remakes earlier and earlier.  There was an AT-AT in 2010 (I believe).  I am totally convinced they have run out of ideas.

There have been like 4 AT ATs before that - they are right on schedule with another.

I think it makes sense for Lego to re-release the "classic" sets from the OT...not so sure on doing it for the prequel trilogy, especially for some of the smaller sets (Droid Tri-Fighter, the Jedi Starfighters, etc.)...I am sure Lego is eager for Disney to get the new movies out and finished so that they can have some more material.  Lego has done a good job of keeping Star Wars in the public eye...it really helps build anticipation amongst the younger 6-14 crowd for the next set of movies.

Don't forget we are also getting the UCS Sandcrawler and UCS Slave as well. Great year for OT fans! The new dewback looks awesome. Also excited about the bike shop / cafe and the new train station. The passenger and cargo trains they rehash every 3 years so not too excited for those. System scale B-Wing will be interesting. I have the original system scale ISD but am looking forward to the new one as well. AT-AT will be the same size as 10178, very cool. 

No love for the Agents? The new command center could be awesome.

I'm hoping the new train station is a nice new redesign.  I'm not a big fan of the existing station.

Hopefully the Greedo figure is different from the original (I assume it will). Having said that I think the original is great, so not really sure how they could improve it.

Will definitely get the Cantina, but that's pretty much it (unless they reveal the UCS sets). The ISD looks very similar to 6211 (need to sell the used one I have soon :P), and the AT-AT is also similar to 10178. I have that one, so I'll skip the new one too!

Hopefully the Greedo figure is different from the original (I assume it will). Having said that I think the original is great, so not really sure how they could improve it.

Will definitely get the Cantina, but that's pretty much it (unless they reveal the UCS sets). The ISD looks very similar to 6211 (need to sell the used one I have soon :P), and the AT-AT is also similar to 10178. I have that one, so I'll skip the new one too!

Where are you going to view the similarities?

Where are you going to view the similarities?

Some folks on Eurobricks have some pictures.  ISD looks very similar to 6211.  Cantina is only slightly larger than original, and has Dewback and Speeder like the original as well.  Lots of figures are preliminary in that one, so no idea who will be in it, but they used Squidward as the stand-in, so look into that as you please.  AT/AT looks like they are using the little missles on its head.

• Like 1

I really hope the final version of the cantina is different.  That set should be completely different from the original.  Lots of room for creative interpretation.  Isn't the walmart landspeeder still available?  The pieces that go into building that should have been used to improve the cantina.  ISD and AT-AT look basically the same as the old ones.  Maybe the pictures are just place holders.  If these are close to the final versions, lego is just updating the figs and putting the old sets in fancy new boxes.

The prelim pics for the At-AT are 8129 with 2 red bars on the head. This is a placeholder image only. This will NOT be what the final AT-AT looks like. The new set has many more pieces so the model should be 30% larger than 8129. The ISD pic is the new set and looks alot better than 6211.

Better get crackin'!

At least I will have my first opportunity to buy an AT-AT, Sandcrawler, Imp Star Destroyer and Cantina using a store. I could have that same "college kid in a beer distributor" giddy feeling like when I bought the Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace in 2012. Despite my distain for the current Sail Barge, it was still cool having the chance to see one in stores (clearly a dust collector so far).

At least I will have my first opportunity to buy an AT-AT, Sandcrawler, Imp Star Destroyer and Cantina using a store. I could have that same "college kid in a beer distributor" giddy feeling like when I bought the Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace in 2012. Despite my distain for the current Sail Barge, it was still cool having the chance to see one in stores (clearly a dust collector so far).

I have seen the old barges going for much cheaper now.  I'm tempted to get one without the minifigs.  The highlight of the new barge is Max Rebo for me.

• Like 1