2014 - Set List

Furry Creatures: $19.99

Heartlake Juice Bar: $29.99

Mountain Hut: $39.99

I spotted these at Walmart just yesterday as well plus Sunshine Ranch. I am honestly surprised to see the $40 price tag on Mountain Hut. I mean, 550 parts for $40? There's $0.07 (ha) a piece. I forgot to note how much Sunshine Ranch was but I imagine something in the range of $70 hopefully. Course would be nice if it were lower.

Just recalled I saw Stephanie's Beach House also at Walmart, annnd forgot the retail for that one too. :mda:

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who have already been to a couple other 'brick' sites, what do you think of the leaked list of sets?  I thought that the Star Wars sets looked great for those newish to investing to get more classic trilogy sets.  Also, with two more trains (and plenty of other interesting sets) it raises EOL questions in my mind. 

Guess I will hold off on buying the original cantina.  Also, do we need another AT-AT?  At least bring back the motorized one :)

Once again these star wars remakes will have a negative impact on earlier versions.  Seems like lego is shooting out remakes earlier and earlier.  There was an AT-AT in 2010 (I believe).  I am totally convinced they have run out of ideas.

I'm selfishly excited about the new ISD and AT-AT.  I'd love to build and have these in my stash.  I had a 6211 ISD I got on clearance for $30 probably in the Fall 2009.  I saw $$$ in my eyes and flipped it for like $130 before Christmas that same year. I had no clue about LEGO investing then.

Guess I will hold off on buying the original cantina.  Also, do we need another AT-AT?  At least bring back the motorized one :)

Once again these star wars remakes will have a negative impact on earlier versions.  Seems like lego is shooting out remakes earlier and earlier.  There was an AT-AT in 2010 (I believe).  I am totally convinced they have run out of ideas.

I agree. They made a remake of a UCS set. That will tell you a lot about their ideas. At least it doesn't appear to be any UCS remakes anytime soon. Sometimes, remakes are good if they happen after a period of time. For example, do you want to spend $275 for the ISD from 2007, or wait till the summer to get a newer version for $150. I would go with the cheaper one. And sometimes, the newer ones have a higher quality.

I agree. They made a remake of a UCS set. That will tell you a lot about their ideas. At least it doesn't appear to be any UCS remakes anytime soon. Sometimes, remakes are good if they happen after a period of time. For example, do you want to spend $275 for the ISD from 2007, or wait till the summer to get a newer version for $150. I would go with the cheaper one. And sometimes, the newer ones have a higher quality.

If you have the original ISD, you are definitely not excited about the remake (I don't have one). 

Another snowspeeder too.  It just further supports my position that I do not think the battle of hoth will be good for investment. Still one of the few star wars sets that I might not buy. 

The remakes only have an effect on older sets that are inferior to the new ones.  It in not the fact that LEGO has run out of ideas, they re-release the same sets every few years to cater to young fans that were recently introduced to STAR WARS.  This cycle repeated and is obviously successful.

My son is four years old and never saw a STAR WARS movie, but because of Angry Birds STAR WARS. he knows every character and what an AT-AT is.  When he gets into LEGO sets in a year or two, he will want a new AT-AT or X-Wing.  LEGO bases their set designs on what a 8-12 year old wants, not what a 30 year old reseller wants.  

• Like 1

The remakes only have an effect on older sets that are inferior to the new ones.  It in not the fact that LEGO has run out of ideas, they re-release the same sets every few years to cater to young fans that were recently introduced to STAR WARS.  This cycle repeated and is obviously successful.

My son is four years old and never saw a STAR WARS movie, but because of Angry Birds STAR WARS. he knows every character and what an AT-AT is.  When he gets into LEGO sets in a year or two, he will want a new AT-AT or X-Wing.  LEGO bases their set designs on what a 8-12 year old wants, not what a 30 year old reseller wants.

They seem to know what 30-40 year old AFOLs want too. I want them all. :)

• Like 2

I think this is quite obvious.  They do whatever makes money.  I also feel that it seems to be real lazy of lego.  How many Anakin starfighters do we need?  Or the fact they basically use the same ship and just change its colors (plo koon's ship etc).  Finally, some of their remakes are almost identical to the previous model.  Maybe they should just do what they are doing with the death star and never retire it. Instead of remaking the current X-wing, just never retire it :)

Don't forget we are also getting the UCS Sandcrawler and UCS Slave as well. Great year for OT fans! The new dewback looks awesome. Also excited about the bike shop / cafe and the new train station. The passenger and cargo trains they rehash every 3 years so not too excited for those. System scale B-Wing will be interesting. I have the original system scale ISD but am looking forward to the new one as well. AT-AT will be the same size as 10178, very cool. 

No love for the Agents? The new command center could be awesome.

Don't forget we are also getting the UCS Sandcrawler and UCS Slave as well. Great year for OT fans! The new dewback looks awesome. Also excited about the bike shop / cafe and the new train station. The passenger and cargo trains they rehash every 3 years so not too excited for those. System scale B-Wing will be interesting. I have the original system scale ISD but am looking forward to the new one as well. AT-AT will be the same size as 10178, very cool. 

I never got into the Agents theme when it originally came out. Just wasn't interesting in it.

I was suprised to see that plenty of the Agents sets support hefty growth.  I had no idea it was that popular on he secondary market!