2014 - Set List

I've been running around in circles on this forum, if that's possible. I'm sure it's right under my nose but I can't find it...where is the thread/board for the Lego Movie sets? I'm lost!

We've just been talking about all The Lego Movie sets and film in this thread. Somewhere in the middle of all that are pictures and reviews of the different sets.

Moment of silence for the Galaxy Squad theme. I knew it wouldn't catch on without a cartoon series (which would have had so much potential); but I have to say, those ships were some of the most creative builds I've seen. Very well done.

I'll miss not seeing any more neo 50s retro-futuristic ships released.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Not exactly new but this little video gives a nice revolving look at most of this year's minifigures like The Lego Movie and Legends of Chima.

Those Chima figs are grade A awesome. Look at the mammoth maxi fig! Incredible. The rest of the fire and ice figs are really well done too. Can't wait to part some of these out...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

minifig market saturation of superheroes if this juniors line sells well as you know more and more will be coming.

I bet this Juniors line sticks around. What gets me the most is Lego is okay with giving stickers in every single typical set because printing costs money yet turns around to give for the Juniors line such huge parts requiring new molds and give all those same pieces full on printing. What....the....F*****K?!

I bet this Juniors line sticks around. What gets me the most is Lego is okay with giving stickers in every single typical set because printing costs money yet turns around to give for the Juniors line such huge parts requiring new molds and give all those same pieces full on printing. What....the....F*****K?!

I hear ya. I'd actually like some of those batman parts for my regular sets. It's funny, I think lego is gradually killing off action figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've seen some of these in stores: I have a few general thoughts I'd like to share, not that anyone cares -

1. Star Wars: Maybe I don't understand - But I am not interested in the first wave of Star Wars sets at all. A new V-Wing? Already? And a Jedi Interceptor? ONE JUST RETIRED. I kind of like the Death Star Troopers battle pack, but why do the Elite guard have weird lightsabers instead of pikes? Is this from a show or game I am not up on? I like the Microfighters a lot though - though I suspect they won't be investment winners, too cheap and only one Minifig - Ala the Planets series.

2. Super Heroes: I think most of the new Super Heroes sets all look really really good. The Juniors and Duplo Superhero thing is very interesting, and shows that LEGO is aggressively trying to get market share away from other toy companies. I do worry a tad that the new Batman/Joker Steamroller set will hurt the value of Batwing over Gotham.

3. I like the Juniors line a lot, though in my experience (and maybe I am around not super bright kids) kids before the age of 7-8 rarely keep lego sets together and play with them a tad too rough. I've always thought the age line on Duplo was way generous (1.5? Really?) and even 4 seems a tad young for "regular" legos. I thought it was interesting they simply rebranded the blue suitcase and stuck it in a red suitcase. I also have mixed feelings about the Juniors Spider man set - seems like it could be too much saturation. 

4. I think the Princess sets will be huge winners.

5. Similar to 3, they seem to have gotten VERY aggressive with the DUPLO offerings. More vehicles and "Toys". I like the boat that floats.

6. I don't know much about Chima, but the new sets I looked at looked sharp to me. I am still very on the fence on them as an investment however. I can see why kids would like them, and LEGO seems to be all in with the line. I was a LITTLE surprised they didn't change the packaging color though.

7. Mixels? WTF are these things exactly? I don't see any investment potential, though I don't think that was remotely LEGO's goal with them. I don't even think they look that interesting. Just my early impressions.

• 3 weeks later...

Took me a good long while to but I finally managed getting the main post list updated with proper links, retails, set names, and even organized a little better. There should only be a couple loose ends needing to be tied in due time but everything we know of is there I believe. Well I'm pooped. post-2081-0-95043700-1369796423.gif

• Like 1

Thank for putting this list together! =)

FYI for those with access to edit the first page: the link for Ninjago Battle for Ninjago City is wrong.

You're welcome and thank you for letting me know about the bad links. I must have typed the wrong number in the first place but they should be fixed now.
  • Like 1

I see that the new cargo train is predicted to cost 200$? Isn't that a bit too much? Or are we getting something worth the money?

Now that you brought it up I wasn't sure if I copied the info down right but I went back and here is an image from this year's Press Release catalog. The Cargo Train down at the bottom is pricy but I figure the cost was massively boosted up due to the inclusion of power functions aside from plenty of track.

gallery_2081_28_2496.jpg

• Like 1

Now that you brought it up I wasn't sure if I copied the info down right but I went back and here is an image from this year's Press Release catalog. The Cargo Train down at the bottom is pricy but I figure the cost was massively boosted up due to the inclusion of power functions aside from plenty of track.

ice10.jpg

The horizon express is the unofficial version of the 80's version of the french TGV.

This new "high-speed passenger train" seems to be an unofficial version of the ICE, a 90's high-speed german train.

You can be sure this will be a best-seller in Germany !

Yeah but still it's a lot. The previous trains also had power functions and plenty of track.

The horizon express is the unofficial version of the 80's version of the french TGV.

This new "high-speed passenger train" seems to be an unofficial version of the ICE, a 90's high-speed german train.

You can be sure this will be a best-seller in Germany !

You piqued my interest with those referances. I would say you are correct. :thumbsup:

TGV-Le-Train-Grande-Vitesse-1st-Generati <--TGV

de_ice_t2_lichtenfels01_xxl.jpg <--ICE

Yeah but still it's a lot. The previous trains also had power functions and plenty of track.

I agree. Perhaps there is more to the set than what is shown in the catalog image then.

I can make some mistakes but... my job is station master. :wink:

Neat. You're a real "train man" :)

Police Drone Ship looks like it's got my name all over it !

Loving all the Robo police vehicle sets

I think I have been waiting for these robo minifigures all my life ever since the original Spyrius Droid which was quite possibly my most favorite character growing up.

sp041.jpg

I agree totally! The sets recently from Lego , are really a product of the Future!

The design and fun from assembly these days are really top notch stuff.

The Robo SWAT movie mini figures are way cool,

The night vision goggles and tactical vest are super sic!!