2014 - Set List

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to adding this year's currently known polybags to the list. They are at the beginning of each one's respective theme or area without a price beside the link seeing how they can either be promotional or sold through different stores at sometimes varying prices. I also added a note beside sets with certain exclusivity such as Target or Wal-Mart to help everyone in finding those if they need to. A couple of them like in the Star Wars theme I had no idea were actually limited to specific chains.

Does the mini cooper spell EOL for the camper van soon then?

That's what I would figure.

I hope by what they mean with the carnival fitting into the modulars is that it is a "Creator Expert".  That last thing the Modular row needs is a Carnival.  The Mini and Santa Workshop will be cool, however.  I really hope the Carnival fits the City theme more than the Modulars.

I'm not sure in what context do they mean modular exactly. I mean, do they mean modular as in it fitting with the other houses that utilize the technic pin system or modular is in a collection of small builds that somewhat connect to each other similar to the Winter Village Market?

That's what I would figure.I'm not sure in what context do they mean modular exactly. I mean, do they mean modular as in it fitting with the other houses that utilize the technic pin system or modular is in a collection of small builds that somewhat connect to each other similar to the Winter Village Market?

As there is quite a row of modular buildings now, could it be something that goes along the street? A parade float or carnival procession / parade for eg?

As there is quite a row of modular buildings now, could it be something that goes along the street? A parade float or carnival procession / parade for eg?

All fine and dandy, but if they want $150 for a parade float to go in front of the Modulars they are crazy.  Hopefully this means what TOK is saying, in that the set is a "modular build", but not necessarily a "Modular".

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see some pictures.  I've seen some really cool minifig scale mocs for caves and such, and think the Creative Box could be really cool to make your own big mine.  I wonder if special blocks like gold/diamond/coal will be brick built with little plates, or use stickers, or be printed.

I wonder if Minecraft still has the hype and potential to sell a whole theme, with sets priced as these. 

At least considering parents. Buying a castle for 100 euros is ok, but I am interested in how many parents will deem a Minecraft set worthy. But maybe I am just not enough open minded.

We will see. They won't hurt that's for sure.

I'll be buying this whole theme.... ouch said the wallet. I have so much that I'm hyped for in 2014, the new SW sets, Exo Suit, new Train sets, Artic sets, Benny's Spaceship and now these! Also need to complete my 2014 Castle collection, invested a bit too much on two GEs(only have a limited budget), hope to see a return on those in a few months, hopefully by August when all of these release.

Since they are adding new Minecraft sets which started as a CUUSOO set, do you think they will do future sets based on Back to the Future or Ghostbusters too? I'd like to see some additional sets based on these licenses.

I think the main reason for that was because the Minecraft set kept selling out, selling out and selling out way more times than it happened to the DeLorean. While LEGO may have learned from it's previous mistake, only made 10,000 for it's original run, it's obvious that Minecraft is the more 'in the now' kind of thing. I'ld love to see more BTTF and GB sets, but I think we'll only see them if we get another CUUSOO set approved. I think that BTTF is more well known and liked compared to GB, but that's just from personal experience as whenever want to watch an old '80s movie when guests come over (thats a thing at my house haha) BTTF almost always wins out vote wise, so I think there may be a bit more of a chance there.

Regardless of what happens I will buy any BTTF or GB sets that are produced. Even if they do something along the lines of a limited editon type thing, sort of like a new set every year from a CUUSOO set that was approved and is aswell from a licensed property.

Yes, i could handle one set a year for these licenses. I mean, there's really only so many you can do with those properties anyways. The guy that did the original CUUSOO Delorean has done several new sets that could be made into real sets like the Courthouse, Cafe 80's, Future Texaco as well as vehicles like the Steam Train Time Machine and Biff's Ford. For Ghostbusters, i'd like to see the Firehouse done, the Staypuft Marshmallow Man, and maybe a rooftop battle set complete with Gozer and Hellhounds and i would be happy. So they wouldn't need to go hog wild but i think there's a few more worthy sets to be made since they went through the trouble of acquiring the license.

• 2 weeks later...