Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I don't see why it warranted negative feedback if you got your money back. Maybe an accidental relist or sold it on amazon. I know you wouldn't be happy if the same was done to you. Yes you are out that money though until it reaches your account unless you spend it via paypal.

I would however see if he lists another one soon.

Good question.  I thought about the negative feedback vs neutral feedback, and here was my reasoning:

1. Talking with eBay CS, they suggested Negative.

2. Within 5 minute of the auction ending, he contacted me to tell me that the product had sold earlier in the day, and that I could buy something else in his store.

3. When I immediately responded that he needed to cancel the transaction, and send me a refund, he didn't respond (again, this was within 5 minutes of the auction ending).

4. I did receive a refund, but it was the next day.

5. He has been on eBay for 4 years.

I thought long and hard about it, but in the end, decided the guy knew what he was doing, could have immediately refunded me the money and told me that he had sold it earlier in the day.  The lack of the immediate refund for his mistake made me feel uncomfortable.

I would say that the same thing wouldn't happen to me, as I wouldn't let an auction end, accept payment, and suggest that a buyer use that money as a credit toward something else if I sold the product elsewhere.

• Like 2

I sent him a note telling him he could sell me his newly listed one for what we agreed to in the last auction.  Haven't heard back from him yet.

I wasn't going to reveal the details (although it's easy to find), but here's the original auction I won.

Here is his new auction.

He didn't like the price I won it for.

$47 shipping?  seriously?  heck, i can ship to Europe for nearly that price.

I look at his new auction for a guy who has been selling on ebay for 4 years you would think he has heard of FedEx. Charging 47.00 to Ship a lego set Ha. And why would he do a three day auction.... Maybe you should take back your negative feedback. I think the dude is a bit challenged

Guest TabbyBoy

At only 97.4% positive feedback, I'd not touch him with a bargepole.  Call me a snob but, I only buy off those with 100% if they don't have a lot of feedback.  Well done on leaving the negative, I'd have done the same.

That's a bold stand with the 100 percent thing. I do t have 100 percent simply because some nut didn't receive his legos in three days and was mad at me for it. I also canceled an item once cause the buyer had no feedback and was unregistered user. Apparently you can leave negative feedback for that despite no exchange of item or money. EBay told me it's about his experience.

Wow what a POS. I'm glad you did what you did then and didn't do what I would have done. Thanks for the explanation and I think I'll give this guy a hard time.

I took your advice and kept an eye on him, and it "paid off" (I guess?)

I did report him to eBay.  CS thought it was pretty ****** of him.

If he left positive feedback with negative comments, definitely call ebay and they will remove the comments and leave the positive feedback. I had a similar situation, purchased a buy it now item at a great price within a couple minutes of item posting, guy immediately refunded me. First said he had sold the item locally, but ultimately got him to admit he didn't realize what it was worth until it sold so quickly, and that he refunded me so he could relist it. Left him a negative, he left me a positive but negative comments and ebay removed it. Also in the future, get the refund but don't agree to cancel the auction and they will still be stuck paying the final value fee.