Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Remember my problem with the Medieval Marketplace seller from last week?

He's had the same item up 4 different times.  And each time, the same person is winning it.  And sometimes for the same amount of money ($117.50).  Oh, and some of the bidders have had 50% of their bidding on eBay be for this guys auctions.

Yeah.  Stay away from this guy.

Guest TabbyBoy

Remember my problem with the Medieval Marketplace seller from last week?

He's had the same item up 4 different times.  And each time, the same person is winning it.  And sometimes for the same amount of money ($117.50).  Oh, and some of the bidders have had 50% of their bidding on eBay be for this guys auctions.

Yeah.  Stay away from this guy.

Remind me of his ID please so that I can add him to my blocked list, thanks!

Ok...I just got an email from a buyer who bought a sealed hulk breakout set from me on 1/2 (39 days ago). They claim they never received it, but mention in their message that the tracking info shows delivered (which it does) and they confirmed the address was correct. What am I liable for here, if anything? Here are the details...

Purchased on 1/2 for $90, including shipping.

Shipped on 1/3 at 756 am using standard post.

Delivered on 1/9 at 230 pm.

Buyer had 0 feedback at time of purchase. They have 1 now (from me), which I left for them when they made the purchase. However, they have been a member since 2006. Isn't it odd to have been a member for so long but not have ANY feedback?

Why do I feel like I am getting bamboozled by this buyer? Why would they wait 39 days from the date of purchase to message me about it? If it was me I would wait two weeks, tops. The eBay help pages state that they need to contact their local carrier to inquire about the package. The problem here is that this was delivered on 1/9, over one month ago. I am pretty sure the usps won't do anything for them. Either it was stolen off of their doorstep, or they are trying to get this for free by claiming they never got it, even though the tracking proves otherwise.

Can anyone offer any advice, like maybe a polite way to tell them it's not my problem? I can't be responsible for what happens to their package once it leaves my hands, especially when it was delivered. Has anyone had a similar experience? How was it handled? What was the outcome? Thanks in advance.

I have a 100% positive feedback score of 550, and have sold this same set several times to other buyers who left positive feedback, so it is pretty obvious that I am not scamming anyone.

You're covered as long as tracking shows it delivered.

All I generally do for buyers in these situations is provide them the phone number and address of their delivery post office (type "post office phone number" and their zip code into Google and it'll bring it up). I tell them exactly what the package looked like (dimensions, appearance, color, weight) and recommend they call or visit their post office and ask to speak with the carrier who scanned their package "delivered". I tell them that if the carrier and postmaster are unable to locate the package, they will assist the buyer with filing a lost/stolen mail claim.

That's it. If the buyer's post office is incompetent and/or he's got mail thieves roaming the neighborhood, he has more problems than one Lego set he needs to work out.

If he leaves you a neg or neutral based on non-delivery, eBay will remove it (you'll need to call). If he opens a case, provide the tracking info and you'll win.

(For items over $250 to be covered you also need signature confirmation, I'm assuming this set didn't sell for that much.)

• Like 2

This is a scam I feel. Soley based on feedback. When I see a buyer like that before I ship I usually inquire as to why they have no feedback and have been a member so long. Sometimes I'm satisfied with answer. Other times I get no reply and cancel order. In this case I would inquire as to why he waited so long. I would refer him to ebay. See what happens

You're covered as long as tracking shows it delivered.

All I generally do for buyers in these situations is provide them the phone number and address of their delivery post office (type "post office phone number" and their zip code into Google and it'll bring it up). I tell them exactly what the package looked like (dimensions, appearance, color, weight) and recommend they call or visit their post office and ask to speak with the carrier who scanned their package "delivered". I tell them that if the carrier and postmaster are unable to locate the package, they will assist the buyer with filing a lost/stolen mail claim.

That's it. If the buyer's post office is incompetent and/or he's got mail thieves roaming the neighborhood, he has more problems than one Lego set he needs to work out.

If he leaves you a neg or neutral based on non-delivery, eBay will remove it (you'll need to call). If he opens a case, provide the tracking info and you'll win.

(For items over $250 to be covered you also need signature confirmation, I'm assuming this set didn't sell for that much.)

Thanks, justafrog. I was hoping you were online and would respond since you are well versed in these types of things regarding eBay policy. I figured I would be in the clear, and your advice sounds perfect. Thanks. I appreciate it.

This is a scam I feel. Soley based on feedback. When I see a buyer like that before I ship I usually inquire as to why they have no feedback and have been a member so long. Sometimes I'm satisfied with answer. Other times I get no reply and cancel order. In this case I would inquire as to why he waited so long. I would refer him to ebay. See what happens

Yes, I will politely ask that in my response. I have already added them to my blocked buyer list to avoid any future dealings with them. Reporting them isn't a bad idea. I'll see what their response is first. Thanks.

Got a buy it now offer for $150 for an Archictecture Studio NIB today.  I have it listed for several hundred dollars.  Just another day in eBay paradise. 

LOL... I got the same offer too awhile back.  They said, "...that seems to be a fair price..." for which I responded with a myriad of costs associated with eBay transactions...