Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Ebay didn't decide to take down the neutral I got from a buyer who just wrote "."

If you are gonna netural me (and they left low ratings) at least say why. lol

Yeah, it's tough to fight them when they don't say why - if they say why and that why is clearly spelled out in your listing, you're good. If they just leave dots, well, not much eBay can do about that under the present rules.

Hey, look at the bright side everyone! The Spring Seller Update will be out soon, and we'll have lots of potentially horrifying and hair-raising changes to policy to discuss.  :twitch:

Jaison, good call on the escalation. eBay will either force him to pay return and original shipping (because it's a significantly not as described case) or they will reimburse you for same out of their (eBay's) pocket. Either way, the seller is a moron not to make you whole on this one, as eBay will keep track of SNADs like this and will not be amused with sellers who rack up too many of them.

frog, let's hope.  i only bought this set because due to a nice amount of expiring ebay bucks.   my feedback and history with ebay should help me (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jaisonline).  i uploaded pictures of all 4 seals when the case was opened last Monday and these should help. 

with this thread and buyers like this guy, it does make me 'thankful' eBay is very protective of buyers.  ...and this is coming from me. I stopped selling vast amounts of sporting event tickets on eBay due to not being able to leave negative feedback.  there were times i had to threaten a negative feedback in order to get paid,

anyway, all it takes is a few "bad apples" like this guy to make even outstanding & honest ebay sellers look  bad

note: some of my pre-2008 sales were amazing.  i was a consistent "bronze" powerseller since my sales were in batches (seasonal due to sport schedules).  the good old days

my favs are from 2007.

"3 tix BCS National Championship Ohio State : Florida St (#280060719946)US $3,501.01"

"3 tix BCS National Championship Ohio State : Florida St (#280059497238)US $3,551.01"

"2 tix BCS National Championship Ohio State : Florida St (#280059496281)US $1,926.00"

with this thread and buyers like this guy, it does make me 'thankful' eBay is very protective of buyers.  ...and this is coming from me. I stopped selling vast amounts of sporting event tickets on eBay due to not being able to leave negative feedback.  there were times i had to threaten a negative feedback in order to get paid,

anyway, all it takes is a few "bad apples" like this guy to make even outstanding & honest ebay sellers look  bad

note: some of my pre-2008 sales were amazing.

my 2 favs are from 2007.

"3 tix BCS National Championship Ohio State : Florida St (#280060719946)US $3,501.01"

"3 tix BCS National Championship Ohio State : Florida St (#280059497238)US $3,551.01"

Go to fixed price (no auction) listings with immediate payment required. You'll miss out on the potentially explosive auction-ending action that things like tickets can generate, but if you're making three or four or ten or twenty times your ticket costs back with no risk of non-payment, heck, I'd do that all day if I had the skills to hunt up tickets! :-)

jaisonline, how long had this seller been selling on eBay?  This is as slam-dunk a SNAD case as you can get, particularly with the pictures.  This seller is going to take his lumps on this one.

he's been on ebay since 1999. i didn't look through his listings.  this is too bad as he seemed like a nice guy on the phone and email up until it came to the cost of shipping (and the whole "seal-gate" affair)

Go to fixed price (no auction) listings with immediate payment required. You'll miss out on the potentially explosive auction-ending action that things like tickets can generate, but if you're making three or four or ten or twenty times your ticket costs back with no risk of non-payment, heck, I'd do that all day if I had the skills to hunt up tickets! :-)

yep.  i do have those options / restrictions enabled.  i'm just trying to use bricklink as much as possible.  ebay lately has been my last resort.

i gave up all my 15 teams except 2 (seahawks and yankees). the super duper profits weren't flying post-2008 due to the economic issues. plus, i started using stubhub then due to avoid non-payers despite the higher commission (15% while ebay was like 11% then with paypal fees).  then ebay acquired stubhub .

Hmm, is it worth it to call eBay for removing a neutral ? I would think they keep a tab on how many times a seller "whine" to them (justified or not, kind of like the insurance companies).  I am keeping my aces for removing the negatives.

I see your point.  A neutral may seem trivial to some.  But it is literally the only blemish on my 10+ year record.  If I earn a neutral or a negative, then I will accept it and carry on with life.  But in this case, I definitely did not earn it, so I am going to fight it tooth and nail.  :)

Oddest thing has happened to me on ebay twice this past week and once to my friends. So, I am curious if it has happened to any of you. When you use the BEST OFFER feature has anyone ever offered you ....MORE than the asking price?!?! The fact that I have seen this happen 3 times over the past week and have never seen it prior makes me think something might actually be in the water.

I have had this - a bunch of times people will do it and say "and you throw in Mace Windu" or something like that. Works for me. Most of them have been good offers too.

Oddest thing has happened to me on ebay twice this past week and once to my friends. So, I am curious if it has happened to any of you. When you use the BEST OFFER feature has anyone ever offered you ....MORE than the asking price?!?! The fact that I have seen this happen 3 times over the past week and have never seen it prior makes me think something might actually be in the water.

eBay actually alerts you with an extra screen when your offer is higher than BIN price.  I guess some people just click without paying too much attention

Everyone will have to make their own call. I have enough street cred built up with eBay that I don't think they're holding the the two neutrals I had removed last year against me, and for me it was worth getting rid of them because of the affiliated DSR dings.

Plus, they were really both easy removals, very obvious and no he said/she said involved.

I forgot about DSR. I would ask them to be removed too if the DSR brought me down too much

I see your point.  A neutral may seem trivial to some.  But it is literally the only blemish on my 10+ year record.  If I earn a neutral or a negative, then I will accept it and carry on with life.  But in this case, I definitely did not earn it, so I am going to fight it tooth and nail.  :)

I do not spend too much time worrying about feedbacks anymore. It is almost impossible to keep it perfect. I spend too much time worrying about other things as it is. But I hope you get your neutral removed

Not only are they a big Lego collector and would give your precious brick children a good home, but they are also disabled, have 14 starving, handicapped children (and all of their birthdays are coming up), and they just lost their job.

Really, when you think about it, it's an HONOR to supply cheap Lego to these people.

• Like 1

I just got a message asking me to sell them my last two of an item. The offer is far less than market value. They state I'm a big lego collector and they would be in good hands. Who says this crap? I don't care if the buyer throws them in the trash I just want money.

That last line was funny as heck.

Look man, be nice, they also stayed they are a single mom. Maybe I should tell her if she is that hard up they make something called megabloks, because as meek mill says there are levels to this. Mamm ur just not on a lego kind of level. You are on a megabloks maybe even a kreo level.

Look man, be nice, they also stayed they are a single mom. Maybe I should tell her if she is that hard up they make something called megabloks, because as meek mill says there are levels to this. Mamm ur just not on a lego kind of level. You are on a megabloks maybe even a kreo level.

Two things:

A. That is why I got out of the CL selling part of the business

B. just a frog is a lady

Guest brickcrazyhouse

after dniim's funny auto feedback I had to return the favor.  I'm now one of those fruitcakes.  here's what i left for him

1. ordered lego received a puppy wait no it's lego

2. seller is better then santa claus

3. item and customer service so good I had to slap my mama