Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

..and this is why you leave negative feedback.  sellers like these give us bad reps.

You might even update your feedback, and state that he sold you the MMV, and refused to honor the sale. Might keep people from bidding on his current auction. I know it would stop me from bidding.

He doesn't seem like the smartest tool in the shed (why relist it so early?) Ha ha...well sorry for your experience, but at least you aren't "out" anything.

On the phone with eBay right now.  This guy is a total idiot.  Guess he wants to get banned.

Edit to add:  Feedback has been removed.  I added in a follow up comment to my feedback.  eBay said he's skating on thin ice.

...and this seller is yet another example why i created this thread.

I figured I would share this story so that others-especially new sellers- might benefit:

Sold an item on eBay on the the 21st of January. The buy paid via PP with an E-check. Contacted the buyer thanking him for the purchase and told him I will not send the item till checks clears (3-7 days usually). He barely had 8 older translations on his account and EBay suggests that you hold

to item till eBay clears. Never heard from him.

On Jan 26th , the buyer cancels the Paypal transaction w/o prior notice, so I'm thinking now that I was a scam since he/she was hoping for a freebie . I report him to eBay and I'm figuring that is the end of that.

Today I received an email from PayPal with an open case against me, with the person demanding his/her stuff. Okkkkkkay, not gonna happen buddy.

Wasted the morning on the phone with Paypal, and eventually they said it is a good thing I didn't send the item and they will close the case.

Moral of the story: never send out an item till checks clears.

• Like 1

If he left positive feedback with negative comments, definitely call ebay and they will remove the comments and leave the positive feedback. I had a similar situation, purchased a buy it now item at a great price within a couple minutes of item posting, guy immediately refunded me. First said he had sold the item locally, but ultimately got him to admit he didn't realize what it was worth until it sold so quickly, and that he refunded me so he could relist it. Left him a negative, he left me a positive but negative comments and ebay removed it. Also in the future, get the refund but don't agree to cancel the auction and they will still be stuck paying the final value fee.

Unfortunately not canceling doesn't work. If a refund has been given and you don't respond, Ebay will cancel it after 7 days if you have a cancel transaction case open. To  protect from idiots that just don't respond after they return an item.

I figured I would share this story so that others-especially new sellers- might benefit:

Sold an item on eBay on the the 21st of January. The buy paid via PP with an E-check. Contacted the buyer thanking him for the purchase and told him I will not send the item till checks clears (3-7 days usually). He barely had 8 older translations on his account and EBay suggests that you hold

On Jan 26th , the buyer cancels the Paypal transaction w/o prior notice, so I'm thinking now that I was a scam since he/she was hoping for a freebie . I report him to eBay and I'm figuring that is the end of that.

Today I received an email from PayPal with an open case against me, with the person demanding his/her stuff. Okkkkkkay, not gonna happen buddy.

Wasted the morning on the phone with Paypal, and eventually they said it is a good thing I didn't send the item and they will close the case.

I don't take checks or anything but paypal.

Ah - I missed that part. Does Paypal show a little thing saying the payment hasn't cleared in Ebay? I think it wont show up in the "items to be shipped" until its done.

eBay showed the paid symbol on the transaction. PayPal didn't. Heck eBay even sent me a remainder to ship since buyer "paid".

They did initially say they recommend to wait for check to clear, then few days later they followed up by that reminder, so it might trick people into thinking the payment cleared. always check your Paypal transactions with E-Checks

Unfortunately not canceling doesn't work. If a refund has been given and you don't respond, Ebay will cancel it after 7 days if you have a cancel transaction case open. To protect from idiots that just don't respond after they return an item.

I don't take checks or anything but paypal.

Actually. This is a great way to screw the seller back. They can refund you but you can still deny the cancellation request and keep your money and stick them with the FVF. I recommend this for sellers that pull the bait and switch like was done to alpine.

Actually. This is a great way to screw the seller back. They can refund you but you can still deny the cancellation request and keep your money and stick them with the FVF. I recommend this for sellers that pull the bait and switch like was done to alpine.

I keep seeing people mention that FVF are not refunded if a buyer doesn't agree. This isn't true in my experience. If buyers do nothing I close the case manually after 7 days and the credit shows up on my bill.

I keep seeing people mention that FVF are not refunded if a buyer doesn't agree. This isn't true in my experience. If buyers do nothing I close the case manually after 7 days and the credit shows up on my bill.

That's because most buyers do in fact do nothing once they are refunded.  However, the buyer does have the option to say no to a seller requested transaction cancellation even after a refund is offered.  In this case the buyer has to do something, doing nothing allows the seller his FVF back.

I have done this before on sellers who have tried to screw me the way apline got treated.  

• Like 1

If a seller has given a full refund and the buyer still goes ahead and says they refuse to cancel the transaction, you can contact eBay and they will refund the seller the FVF. Once a buyer receives a full refund and no goods have exchanged hands or are in transit, the transaction is considered cancelled.

The only way a buyer can really screw a seller is to receive the item, file a SNAD claiming damaged in transit and send it back in worse condition than it was received in (ie not in a box, just wrapped in brown paper, etc) and/or force the seller to pay return shipping costs and make the seller eat the outgoing shipping costs (if it was offered with free shipping). For a SNAD case, a seller can almost never win a case involving damage if they receive it back because sellers are responsible for the item arriving in the described condition.

Note that a seller can also claim that they didn't receive the original item back (missing items, etc) which adds another layer to the dispute and then it may come down to eBay deciding on their own merits and considering the history of the buyer and seller.

The transaction was done via Paypal. They can still pay via an E-Check

If you have your settings for Immediate Payment required AND have your setting for "don't allow buyers to pay me along with other seller's purchases" (or something to that effect), buyers cannot use eChecks at all to pay for your purchases. I changed my setting to both about 2 1/2 years ago and no longer have to worry about buyers and their NSFs or whinging about why I'm not shipping before it clears.

(For those who don't want to alter their settings or can't because they run auctions, my wording for eChecks used to be, "Thank you for your order. We received your eCheck Payment through PayPal on (date). PayPal requires that we wait for the eCheck to clear before we ship, and they currently estimate that your eCheck will clear (date or range of dates, PayPal gives you these in the eCheck email)."

It's not a lie, either - if I want to be covered by PayPal seller protection, Paypal DOES require us to hold the checks. Just make it sound like very standard policy that you apply and/or PayPal applies to everybody, not directed at the buyer's level of feedback, weird user name, bad breath, etc.

• Like 2

If you have your settings for Immediate Payment required AND have your setting for "don't allow buyers to pay me along with other seller's purchases" (or something to that effect), buyers cannot use eChecks at all to pay for your purchases. I changed my setting to both about 2 1/2 years ago and no longer have to worry about buyers and their NSFs or whinging about why I'm not shipping before it clears.

(For those who don't want to alter their settings or can't because they run auctions, my wording for eChecks used to be, "Thank you for your order. We received your eCheck Payment through PayPal on (date). PayPal requires that we wait for the eCheck to clear before we ship, and they currently estimate that your eCheck will clear (date or range of dates, PayPal gives you these in the eCheck email)."

It's not a lie, either - if I want to be covered by PayPal seller protection, Paypal DOES require us to hold the checks. Just make it sound like very standard policy that you apply and/or PayPal applies to everybody, not directed at the buyer's level of feedback, weird user name, bad breath, etc.

Thanks for the insight. As always you are the queen of eBay :)

Thanks. I would have never thought of that.

This is what I was thinking of. I knew there was a setting that didn't allow it. I couldn't find it.

Ok this same thing is happening to me right now.  I am worried it is the same guy because the purchase happened around the same time. Is it w.......k?

Ok this same thing is happening to me right now. I am worried it is the same guy because the purchase happened around the same time. Is it w.......k?

Different account, but yeah don't send anything unless Paypal transaction clears. You might get a reminder from EBay that you haven't shipped yet, disregard. As long as you didn't receive the money you are good .