Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Had a buyer want to cancel the transaction today because they didn't realize they were  bidding on two of the same items (total bs it seems like).  They haven't paid yet, any tips on how i should go about this?

It's usually best to let someone cancel if they ask. It costs you nothing other than time and can save many headaches later.

• Like 1

Selling something Non Lego on ebay. Get a message with a question about the item, respond, then get a lowball offer because "he is a serious buyer" I respond politely and move on.

Over the past 3 days he has since contacted me multiple times, starting with the same question, then the same offer. I politely asked "Please stop sending me the same offer, I am not going to accept"

This morning my inbox reads "Go 2 hell!!!" Scary to think how many of these people we are dealing with every day...

Selling something Non Lego on ebay. Get a message with a question about the item, respond, then get a lowball offer because "he is a serious buyer" I respond politely and move on.

Over the past 3 days he has since contacted me multiple times, starting with the same question, then the same offer. I politely asked "Please stop sending me the same offer, I am not going to accept"

This morning my inbox reads "Go 2 hell!!!" Scary to think how many of these people we are dealing with every day...

Block him. Then report him to ebay.

Had a buyer want to cancel the transaction today because they didn't realize they were  bidding on two of the same items (total bs it seems like).  They haven't paid yet, any tips on how i should go about this? 

not always true, I have had competitor sellers as for a cancel and leave a negative feedback, the headache of calling ebay to get the feedback removed is alot worse.

I had a good offer yesterday from someone on a Jabba's Palace with no minifigures (listed for $55 which is honestly not bad considering people are paying $120 now for the full set)

"I am offering you $35. I don't think you are going to be able to get your price of $55 for this as I have seen you haven't sold any. Without the figurines included, it makes it worth much less in my experience."

Yeah - because the person who calls them "figurines" knows more about Lego selling than I do.

My Response with a decline:

"Unfortunately I need 55$ or I will not be able to feed my family massive USDA steaks. $35 only buys the cheap stuff and we would rather die than eat that. Please understand my families needs."

Even better, I sold it for $55 2 hours later.

I would love to respond to lowball offers like this.  I'm selling something (non-lego) right now and two different buyers were kind enough to tell me how much it's worth and that I should lower the price.  One said I should do an auction to see what it's worth and the other made a lowball offer and said, "it's not worth anymore" (even though I've declined 5 offers for more than 15% above what he offered.) 

The first one I explained that Buy it Now almost always sells for more and I didn't need his advice.  I blocked his user ID.  A few hours later a zero feedback ebayer bought it and never paid.  Not sure if they were related, but after relisting I've just decided to tell people "thanks for your input."  Then I block their IDs.  I also use auto-decline.  It helps, but nothing's foolproof, the fruitcakes always find a way to get through....

Guest TabbyBoy

After 10 years on eBay and thousands of transactions, I have just received my first negative feedback. ;-(

The buyer's ID is everything4you2012 and is worthy of being mentioned and now blocked for these reasons:

• Item was purchased on 12FEB after the post office closed
  • Item was posted on 14FEB using second class signed for (UK tracked) well within the 2-3 days posting time.
  • Negative feedback received 17FEB saying "haven't got my order" without even bothering to contact the post office or me first.
  • Royal Mail website states that delivery was attempted on 17FEB, the first working day after posting and well within my delivery terms.  So...it appears to be my fault that the buyer wasn't in at the time!  I red "while you were out card" has also been left by the postman.
  • They've also had negative feedback themselves.

I have reported the buyer to eBay as I should be covered since the item was posted and delivery was attempted.  Even though I expect eBay to resolve this issue, this is a buyer that I think you should all be aware of.

This is why tracking is critical for medium/high value items.  You are NOT covered by eBay if you don't do this.  For a low value item, I just refund them and take it on the chin.  Thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

If there is good reason as stated above we REALLY need somewhere to list these people that spoil the eBay community.

Yup, tracking is crucial. There are time swhen I need to reference it myself for figuring out where my own bought items where.

I just had a UK resident buy 3 sealed gold / chrome C3POs for $1080 (bricklink). Yet he cried about spending $29 on us priority mail with insurance, I had to explain the benefits for us both and that shipping was required for the transaction. He still bulked but finally agreed. It was a tough sale. Reminds me of people who buy $75k cars yet cry about the gasoline, insurance, price of tires, oil changes, etc...

After 10 years on eBay and thousands of transactions, I have just received my first negative feedback. ;-(

The buyer's ID is everything4you2012 and is worthy of being mentioned and now blocked for these reasons:

• Item was purchased on 12FEB after the post office closed
  • Item was posted on 14FEB using second class signed for (UK tracked) well within the 2-3 days lead time.
  • Negative feedback received 17FEB saying "haven't got me order" without even bothering to contact the post office or me first.
  • Royal Mail website states that delivery was attempted on 17FEB, the first working day after posting and well within my delivery terms. So...it appears to be my fault that the buyer wasn't in at the time! I red "while you were out card" has also been left by the postman.
  • They've also had negative feedback themselves.
I have reported the buyer to eBay as I should be covered since the item was posted and delivery was attempted. Even though I expect eBay to resolve this issue, this is a buyer that I think you should all be aware of.

This is why tracking is critical for medium/high value items. You are NOT covered by eBay if you don't do this. For a low value item, I just refund them and take it on the chin. Thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

If there is good reason as stated above we REALLY need somewhere to list these people that spoil the eBay community.

Guest TabbyBoy

Just block him, I would.

Here we go first neutral feedback for missing a "MAJOR" brick from 1563.  What major brick?! It's a 25 piece polybag that I verified with bricklink build it took apart checking it off again with bricklink.  I'm about to start taking pictures of every brick I ship out.   Can I respond to neutral feedback or should I just move on? 

Here's the best part.  

Dear matrosov2008,

You know what i just figured out what the problem was. In the interactions it looks like its one big piece but it turns out you have to build it then put it on.
Subject: matrosov2008 sent a message about Lego Kellogs Collection Vintage 1990 Track Blaster(1563) #181324262773
Sent Date: Feb-25-14 20:01:53 PST
Dear 
Could you please let me know what major piece is missing from this set? This is a very small set and I verified all the pieces prior to shipping. If I indeed missed something I will gladly send you replacement. 

Thank you.
- matrosov2008

So I have a fruitcake situation that want my way. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar situation. It's been over a month now so I feel it justified to post.

I had several gunships up for sale. A buyer purchased 2 from me. For whatever reason he purchased them in seperate transactions about five minutes apart. The buyer paid immediately for the one but did pay for the other.

I sent them a message saying thanks for your purchase, before you pay for the other gunship I'll actually knock off 5 bucks as it saves me in shipping costs. I sent an invoice for a cheaper total.

Two days later and no response. I would go unto message him three more times asking them to pay for the other item or if they still wanted it. I was holding off sending the paid for gunship as I was obviously going to ship them together.

Well, you over a month later I have his money and have shipped him nothing. Is there anything to think other then did he die?

Anyone have anything like this happen?

So I have a fruitcake situation that want my way. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar situation. It's been over a month now so I feel it justified to post.

I had several gunships up for sale. A buyer purchased 2 from me. For whatever reason he purchased them in seperate transactions about five minutes apart. The buyer paid immediately for the one but did pay for the other.

I sent them a message saying thanks for your purchase, before you pay for the other gunship I'll actually knock off 5 bucks as it saves me in shipping costs. I sent an invoice for a cheaper total.

Two days later and no response. I would go unto message him three more times asking them to pay for the other item or if they still wanted it. I was holding off sending the paid for gunship as I was obviously going to ship them together.

Well, you over a month later I have his money and have shipped him nothing. Is there anything to think other then did he die?

Anyone have anything like this happen?

interesting. I say refund him the money and move on. You don't want them coming out of nowhere accusing you of theft ( I get that you emailed them, but this is the fruitcakes thread)