Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Well I found a couple sets I wanted on eBay, asked the buyer if he would combine shipping. He says no. (These are small sets, easily fit inside a small to medium box.)

So I bought the separately and requested he box each separately. He has confirmed he is sending both via UPS in separate boxes. So we both lose and UPS wins....

Keep in mind these people vote and reproduce...  

Nowhere does it say a seller has to combine shipping and give you a discount often times the buyers are the fruitcakes making up the rules asking him to ship separately petty move on your part either agree to the price or dont buy now youre telling him how to ship the items. The reason you ask is because it is not required sounds like you have a problem being told no...

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

just counted a total of 22 messages from a buyer for one little professor x build. makes me so happy not to be in customer service, even through messaging it's hard to be polite to that many questions and concerns.  some fruitcakes really make you work for that all mighty dollar

Another similar situation happens when you buy items from the same seller and he/she offers "Free" shipping (like me and many others here). You are still paying the shipping costs twice, and the seller usually ships the items in the same package. It's just less obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 3

Not eBay but Bricklink....

I sold a 10175 Vader to a person last Nov. I mailed it to his sister in NYC since he lives in Singapore. He left me positive feedback 1 week after the sister gets it. I assume she brought it to him during Christmas holiday.

Last Thursday, he emails stating the set is missing bricks. I felt like stating,"Dude, I built the set myself and showed you the picture. Now nearly 4 months later, you claim missing bricks". Ugh. I'm still waiting for his "missing list".

post-3743-0-17995300-1396920010.jpg

post-3743-0-95169000-1396920150.jpg

I sold a 10175 Vader to a person last Nov. I mailed it to his sister in NYC since he lives in Singapore. He left me positive feedback 1 week after the sister gets it. I assume she brought it to him during Christmas holiday.

Last Thursday, he emails stating the set is missing bricks. I felt like stating,"Dude, I built the set myself and showed you the picture. Now nearly 4 months later, you claim missing bricks". Ugh. I'm still waiting for his "missing list".

Why not send him the link to the pick a brick site?

In the listing for the used sets I sell on eBay (I usually assemble sets to see if pieces are missing and replace) I state " I assembled this set and have replaced any missing pieces. That being said there is the possibly a small piece/pieces may have been misplaced" a little disclaimer. Cause let's face it, with a few hundred or thousand pieces anything is possible no matter how careful you are.

In the listing for the used sets I sell on eBay (I usually assemble sets to see if pieces are missing and replace) I state " I assembled this set and have replaced any missing pieces. That being said there is the possibly a small piece/pieces may have been misplaced" a little disclaimer. Cause let's face it, with a few hundred or thousand pieces anything is possible no matter how careful you are.

yeah, you need to do it.  however, it doesn't really matter.  some people still lie or don't care about honest mistakes.  in my situation, i gave him pictures from all angles and told him i built / disassembled it myself.  The funny thing is that I'm still waiting for his missing parts" list.  I hope it never comes.

Got a no-feedback buyer that won one of my auctions yesterday and asked if he could send cash...really? Seems like just a newbie rather than a scam since I can't see any way he would benefit from mailing me money, but come on. And of course no response after I told him he had to use paypal. I really need to stop using auctions.

Got a no-feedback buyer that won one of my auctions yesterday and asked if he could send cash...really? Seems like just a newbie rather than a scam since I can't see any way he would benefit from mailing me money, but come on. And of course no response after I told him he had to use paypal. I really need to stop using auctions.

Personally I'd rather accept cash. Just so many issues though especially with ebay

I completely agree.

It is funny though isn't it that our society has come to a point where we trust using virtual money than real money. lol

• Like 2

I completely agree.

It is funny though isn't it that our society has come to a point where we trust using virtual money than real money. lol

Way back when eBay was a young website, people sent cash, checks, and money orders via snail mail to pay for stuffs they bought on eBay.  That was when Cash Rules Everything Around Me ;)

Heck, eBay even warned their users on the danger and risks of using online payment methods like Paypal. :D :D :D

• Like 2

Way back when eBay was a young website, people sent cash, checks, and money orders via snail mail to pay for stuffs they bought on eBay.  That was when Cash Rules Everything Around Me ;)

Heck, eBay even warned their users on the danger and risks of using online payment methods like Paypal. :D :D :D

Oh the days! I hated buying usps money orders

• Like 1

I completely agree.

I think it's more a matter of having your payment lost in the mail than trusting paypal more.  Paypal is a necessary evil, makes selling much easier but at a cost.

I'll take a cash transaction via craigslist anyday over ebay/paypal.  You just don't get the exposure ebay provides.  And there's always the risk of having to deal with a real life crazy.

• Like 1