Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

What is with the bad sellers lately. I've used BIN on 5 listings from 5 different sellers that were canceled (dont have it, accidentally listed it, dont want to sell it) not price mistakes that are at least understandable. All were refunded, but come on.

What is with the bad sellers lately. I've used BIN on 5 listings from 5 different sellers that were canceled (dont have it, accidentally listed it, dont want to sell it) not price mistakes that are at least understandable. All were refunded, but come on.

This will start counting against them in a meaningful way soon - starting May 1 if they're big enough to be on a 3 month evaluation cycle, or now if they're on a 12 month (with August 20 being the first look back period where eBay will see it and potentially do something about it ) -- this is all under the new "defect" rating just announced, and one of the best of the new things in my opinion (cancellations requested by the buyer won't count against a seller).

• Like 1

That was basically the story with the guy I tried to buy Medieval Market from at the end of January.  Who relisted it the next day.

What's worse is that now he's on a LEGO kick, and he's listing SSD and DSs and Parisian Restaurants.

He's taken down most of them.  But I'm *still* trying to figure out his game.  The buys of his auctions also seem to be the same individuals each time.  Weird.

That was basically the story with the guy I tried to buy Medieval Market from at the end of January.  Who relisted it the next day.

What's worse is that now he's on a LEGO kick, and he's listing SSD and DSs and Parisian Restaurants.

He's taken down most of them.  But I'm *still* trying to figure out his game.  The buys of his auctions also seem to be the same individuals each time.  Weird.

that's called money laundering from stolen credit cards

If you use Best Offer and you don't put auto declines on your listings, you are just causing yourself more trouble.

I use Best offer a lot and it honestly is huge for me - you can't imagine how many extra figures I sell because I offer back with people and say "if you want something else Ill give you this deal"

But I have floors which are usually about 30% ish off, 3-4$ off a figure, etc. Its funny when I look at certain auctions, like one for a destiny's bounty I had, it blocked so many offers people made of like 60$ talking about their family hardships and how that was close to the original retail price.

My favorite offers I get are "so and so" is selling this same item for <insert lower price> so I want to offer you <that price - 10$>.

So you pulled the "possible" best price on ebay from someone I don't know and you are offering me way under them? I just send back "I sell it for this". They always end up buying it - most likely because that other person doesn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I listed an item for $280 that I paid $200 for and the buyer told me that "shipping doesn't cost almost $80." Apparently he didn't know that ebay charges fees. He also said that people "don't use ebay to make big profits. They use it to break even or take a small loss."

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I listed an item for $280 that I paid $200 for and the buyer told me that "shipping doesn't cost almost $80." Apparently he didn't know that ebay charges fees. He also said that people "don't use ebay to make big profits. They use it to break even or take a small loss."

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

And nobody goes to work to earn money.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

• Like 1

I would do my best to screw with that person lol

I'm so glad he popped in to set you straight on that. I'll bet you were under the horrible misapprehension that you were on eBay to try to make some money. How embarrassing to make that kind of mistake!

Now you know better, and can go for the loss like a real eBay seller.

People are hilarious. I can't count the number of messages I've received over the years wanting to know why some rare and valuable book published 50 years ago now costs 100 times what it did "back then".

I especially like the people who contact me to tell me I'm charging way too much, because for some reason whatever they're complaining about always sells, at full price, within a few days.

• Like 1

Sounds like a tree hugging liberal. You must be an evil corporation out to screw people. Oh and by the way: Haliburton.

• Like 2

Well I found a couple sets I wanted on eBay, asked the buyer if he would combine shipping. He says no. (These are small sets, easily fit inside a small to medium box.)

So I bought the separately and requested he box each separately. He has confirmed he is sending both via UPS in separate boxes. So we both lose and UPS wins....

Keep in mind these people vote and reproduce...