Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I seem to have the most issues from Russian bidders. Constantly bidding on my stuff even though i usually do not ship internationally, and of course never pay when they win and see the shipping cost.

Yesterday i had a Russian ebayer message me about shipping to Russia on Wolverine's Chopper. I told him i usually do not ship internationally (as stated in the auction) and that the shipping would probably be too expensive to be worth it for a $50ish item (Shipping with tracking from Canada is crazy expensive internationally, around $30-$50 usually).

He responds back with pricing from USPS with my package weight and dimensions and the services they offered (he literally /copy/pasted USPS's info in the message), and told me i was pulling his chain as it should only be "X" amount, not what i had quoted him. So i responded telling him that first of all being in Canada i do not ship via USPS :P and subsequently linked him the quote from Canada Post showing the rate i told him.

He responded back essentially telling me i was scamming my buyers with high shipping costs..... :getlost:

Anything that women use to do nails and such is banned in Russia. Including nail polish. A lot of makeup thst you would think nothing of is too. Ironically I've had the out success shipping to Russia. I've told people a hundred bucks to ship before and they paid no questions asked.

I offer free shipping on everything and have had people e-mail me and ask me to combine shipping and give them a discount. Uh its free ya zombie.

Actually, it's not free as the cost is included in the purchase price. The buyer knows that as a seller, you will be able to profit by shipping two items at once, thus saving the buyer money. That's where they're asking to get the discount from. If it costs you $15 to send a single set, but they buy two, the new shipping cost could be just $20 and not $30. So throw them a $5 discount and you get to receive a larger order and get more funds at once and the buyer is happy because they got a slight discount. Win/win

I've personally never had an issue with Malaysia but I know others who have. I've also read it's a sketchy system there. I generally only use global shipping now so I am a bit out of touch. But you can do any Google search on Italy postal service for some fun reading.

O, and I wouldn't recommend shipping to Ukraine any time soon. And while we are on the subject Russia shuts down there postal service for the entire month of January and part of February. It's weird. EBay actually sent out emails to people around the holidays. I sold a bunch of MINECRAFT to Russia prior to Christmas. They didn't get them until early February.

a. He's called Emazers. B. He order a lot of zoos and hearses and all got canceled. C. It's really not that many. I have like 8 mm. D. Sometimes lego employees hook it up.

Having 30 listed and 'more than 10' in a BIN (so at LEAST 40) isn't many?  Plus the crapton of resistance pieces from last month? Wow, that's way out of my league!!!  I would be more inclined to believe A :P

I have a guy trying to extort a partial refund because I sent him a lego set. In new condition. That wasn't built. "Not what the picture shows".

Let me repeat that for the people in back.

I have a guy trying to extort a partial refund because I sent him a lego set. In new condition. That wasn't built. "Not what the picture shows".

Yeah, the new defect thing has me scared because of people like this.

• Like 6

I have a guy trying to extort a partial refund because I sent him a lego set. In new condition. That wasn't built. "Not what the picture shows".

Let me repeat that for the people in back.

I have a guy trying to extort a partial refund because I sent him a lego set. In new condition. That wasn't built. "Not what the picture shows".

Yeah, the new defect thing has me scared because of people like this.

this takes the cheese, as the most insane ebayer on the thread yet.

I just sold a car on eBay for the first time.  With my hundreds of experiences of selling Legos and miscellaneous items, none of them compare to the frustration of selling a car.  I sold it three times before a buyer actually paid.  She bought it for $9900.  So many stupid messages: 

1. "too many miles, not worth more than $7000"  really?  Strange, I've turned down 8 offers for $9000, but since you said it's not worth more than $7k, I guess you can have it!

2. "seems fishy, I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole."  This was a random out-of-nowhere email.  Okay, um, thanks for letting me know you're NOT going to buy my car.  Maybe you should let everyone on ebay know that you're not buying something from them."

3. "you're asking too much.  [offers $7k] You should list it as auction to see what it's worth"  I'm asking too much?  you're offering too little.  Maybe you should offer me $20,000 to see how much I'll take for it.

4.  "I'm a college student and don't have much money"  No.  You may not buy a used MERCEDES-BENZ and say you're short on money.  you'll be out of money after the first minor repair.  Buy a honda.

5.  "will you trade?"  Yes, I will trade my car for your money.  No, I won't trade my car for your older, crappier, cheaper car.

All of my lego sales combined havent been as frustrating as this was.  I'd like to go back to all the idiots and say, "in your face, I sold it for the amount I wanted!"  Alas, I always stick with my police, "thanks for your interest, but I am not able do that at this time."  I'd hate for someone to ruin my perfect feedback.

Rant Over.

At least when the buyer gets the car, she can't say it's not built as in the picture.  that's just ridiculous.

• Like 2

^ Man, that is frustrating!

I had this happen last week.  A buyer offered a "Best Offer" on part of a set that I was parting out.  I declined without explaining why.  (His offer was half what I was asking).  Then he came back with an offer that was still $2 less than what I was asking.  I declined and didn't explain why.

He wrote back asking why I kept declining him, since his offer was only $2 under what I was asking.  I was going to block him, and ignore the question, but then shot back a quick note, "you'll find that my asking price is competitive with free shipping included."

I double checked that what I said was true.

5 minutes later, he bought it.  I think he realized he was being a ******, and oh, all those others that were out there that were less than mine, didn't include shipping.

He was lucky, though, because I was about to block him, but forgot to do it.

I just sold a car on eBay for the first time.  With my hundreds of experiences of selling Legos and miscellaneous items, none of them compare to the frustration of selling a car.  I sold it three times before a buyer actually paid.  She bought it for $9900.  So many stupid messages: 

1. "too many miles, not worth more than $7000"  really?  Strange, I've turned down 8 offers for $9000, but since you said it's not worth more than $7k, I guess you can have it!

2. "seems fishy, I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole."  This was a random out-of-nowhere email.  Okay, um, thanks for letting me know you're NOT going to buy my car.  Maybe you should let everyone on ebay know that you're not buying something from them."

3. "you're asking too much.  [offers $7k] You should list it as auction to see what it's worth"  I'm asking too much?  you're offering too little.  Maybe you should offer me $20,000 to see how much I'll take for it.

4.  "I'm a college student and don't have much money"  No.  You may not buy a used MERCEDES-BENZ and say you're short on money.  you'll be out of money after the first minor repair.  Buy a honda.

5.  "will you trade?"  Yes, I will trade my car for your money.  No, I won't trade my car for your older, crappier, cheaper car.

All of my lego sales combined havent been as frustrating as this was.  I'd like to go back to all the idiots and say, "in your face, I sold it for the amount I wanted!"  Alas, I always stick with my police, "thanks for your interest, but I am not able do that at this time."  I'd hate for someone to ruin my perfect feedback.

Rant Over.

At least when the buyer gets the car, she can't say it's not built as in the picture.  that's just ridiculous.

Not at all trying to be an A hole here but why would you sell a car on ebay? I know alot of people do but it just seems silly to me.