Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Two minifigure sent and the post office has shredded my envelopes and the minifigure hasn't reached its destination...this parting out stuff is for the birds, you always get the idiot who wants to throw a fit because he didn't get his minifigure. Understandable you bought something and didn't get what you purchased, I can relate but damn its not that serious.

Rant over

So I had a buyer win an auction for a cheap lot of random small Star Wars ships. No payment for four days so I open a non-payment case and he paid a few hours prior to me closing the case and giving him a non payment strike. I packed and shipped it the next morning and he almost immediately starts emailing me requesting positive feedback. My first instinct is to ignore it and go about my day as I simply can't give positive feedback to someone who waited almost 8 days to pay. Instead I reply " after you". To which he responds that all a buyer needs to do is pay and they are entitled to positive feedback and he will leave feedback based on my response. What the? Am I missing something here? Can he neg me for not leaving feedback? Is a seller required to give feedback? My thoughts are that me not leaving feedback is more true to how the buyer acted. If I had the option I would leave neutral. End rant.

MEh,  had to open a case today.  Bought a Palace Cinema that was described as New w/ seals intact, for 122 + 4 ship last week.  Of course, one side has seals borken, one completely ripped off taking some of the box with it, then covered over w/ packing tape.  Such a hassle and waste of time.  Wouldn't have purchased if they had just described it correctly.

MEh,  had to open a case today.  Bought a Palace Cinema that was described as New w/ seals intact, for 122 + 4 ship last week.  Of course, one side has seals borken, one completely ripped off taking some of the box with it, then covered over w/ packing tape.  Such a hassle and waste of time.  Wouldn't have purchased if they had just described it correctly.

Honestly I would keep that. Thats a pretty good price for not intact seals. They should definitely describe it better, but its really not going to affect the value - especially if the box is in good shape.

I had a good offer yesterday from someone on a Jabba's Palace with no minifigures (listed for $55 which is honestly not bad considering people are paying $120 now for the full set)

"I am offering you $35. I don't think you are going to be able to get your price of $55 for this as I have seen you haven't sold any. Without the figurines included, it makes it worth much less in my experience."

Yeah - because the person who calls them "figurines" knows more about Lego selling than I do.

My Response with a decline:

"Unfortunately I need 55$ or I will not be able to feed my family massive USDA steaks. $35 only buys the cheap stuff and we would rather die than eat that. Please understand my families needs."

Even better, I sold it for $55 2 hours later.

• Like 8

I had a good offer yesterday from someone on a Jabba's Palace with no minifigures (listed for $55 which is honestly not bad considering people are paying $120 now for the full set)

"I am offering you $35. I don't think you are going to be able to get your price of $55 for this as I have seen you haven't sold any. Without the figurines included, it makes it worth much less in my experience."

Yeah - because the person who calls them "figurines" knows more about Lego selling than I do.

"Unfortunately I need 55$ or I will not be able to feed my family massive USDA steaks. $35 only buys the cheap stuff and we would rather die than eat that. Please understand my families needs."

Sold it to that guy who wrote? Or different buyer?

The scary thing is that he has three of them, and one sold already! Yikes!

He raised the price to keep it in cassini - they sold at like 19$ each if you click the link. This is normal - but funny.

shows _3_ sold... there is gold in them droids... 

that's a good way to maximize ebay quadruple eBucks!  though they cap at $100  :-)

Is it capped at $100 per item? My cert last quarter was $135 so I am assuming thats per item.

This literally made my day. Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

So I had a buyer win an auction for a cheap lot of random small Star Wars ships. No payment for four days so I open a non-payment case and he paid a few hours prior to me closing the case and giving him a non payment strike. I packed and shipped it the next morning and he almost immediately starts emailing me requesting positive feedback. My first instinct is to ignore it and go about my day as I simply can't give positive feedback to someone who waited almost 8 days to pay. Instead I reply " after you". To which he responds that all a buyer needs to do is pay and they are entitled to positive feedback and he will leave feedback based on my response. What the? Am I missing something here? Can he neg me for not leaving feedback? Is a seller required to give feedback? My thoughts are that me not leaving feedback is more true to how the buyer acted. If I had the option I would leave neutral. End rant.

Well he left negative feedback. Said I wouldn't leave feedback. I shipped the item 8 hours ago so there is no chance he got it yet. Do I have a case here?