Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Yeah this usually happens with me and target. I use red card which they do t actually a harder till like ten days later. If u go on a string *** of lots of purchase than that whole target scam happens I stated over the king it and such.

Your typing skills are amazing.

Here's what I found:

Block Buyers

I know others here have talked about it.  I've never used it myself.

It is a very useful tool. And since you can't leave negative feedback for buyers it's the only "real" comeback that you have for non paying, criminal, stupid...buyers. In ten years I've blocked maybe 50 people. So it's not something that you have to do all that often. Basically by the time I forget how to block someone, that's when I'll have to do it again.

You should send them a message too explaining they are being investigated for fraud or something. Or there is always Send poop. Com for the really bad ones. Ha. I think I've been rather lucky u till this week where a guy has a case open against me because the item. Wasn't there in three days.

I had a gal buy a group of 5 lower cost Harry Potter sets from me they arrived the afternoon of Dec 24th, she emailed me and DEMANDED that I refund her cost, plus shipping because she had to rush out to buy another gift because it wasn't there on time for her to give it as a gift...

I said no, so she opened an "item not as described case"  Luckily I had the emails where she said the sets were fine and exactly as ordered but ebay still took three weeks to close the case in my favor and they didn't even do that until I called customer service to find out wtf was going on

my first banned buyer, yay

So I bought a 10198 DS last summer. It was listed as open box, avg conditioned instructions, no minifigs, built once, and complete. I paid $195 with shipping, I already had a set of 10188 minifigs so this deal was perfect. The seller mails the set on-time and just wrapped brown paper bags around the Lego box. No big deal. It arrives and I just put in into a large shipping box after quickly looking inside to make sure it wasn't books inside and forgot about it.

I decided to trade the set to a friend. During the discussions, I finally looked at the set last night. Turns out the set only had some box 1 bags opened, all minifig parts were either in sealed bags or loose. All other white interior boxes were actually sealed. The instruction booklet is prob below avg and the Lego box is the non-US version.

While I am happy how this turned out. It's just a reminder that sellers don't always know what they are selling and buyers need to check the contents upon arrival.

Don't know if I should post this here, or in the general complaint thread, but this is as good as any place...

Won a NISB Medieval Marketplace (10193) tonight.  Or, so I thought.  I paid, and then the seller sends me a note "oops - I sold it earlier this evening, my mistake - you can look at my store and see if there is anything else of interest."

If he sold it, he sold it in a different venue, because the only other one he had listed sold a few days ago.  I have a feeling he didn't like what it was going for vs what BINs are getting.

Wrong bucko.  Refund my money immediately, or I'll go through eBay.  A pain in the ass, but I'll do it.

Don't know if I should post this here, or in the general complaint thread, but this is as good as any place...

Won a NISB Medieval Marketplace (10193) tonight.  Or, so I thought.  I paid, and then the seller sends me a note "oops - I sold it earlier this evening, my mistake - you can look at my store and see if there is anything else of interest."

If he sold it, he sold it in a different venue, because the only other one he had listed sold a few days ago.  I have a feeling he didn't like what it was going for vs what BINs are getting.

Wrong bucko.  Refund my money immediately, or I'll go through eBay.  A pain in the ass, but I'll do it.

Instead of being a fruitcake, the seller sounds like a nutcake. Personally, I would open an eBay case against the seller for selling items not in-hand. What he did was an unfort bad seller tactic that happened time to time.

Guest TabbyBoy

@Alpinemaps... I'd report the seller in a heartbeat as it's well against eBay's rules to sell outside of an active listing.  Don't forget to put negative feedback and block him as a buyer in case he decides to buy off you and leave a negative back.  Don't let him get off lightly, these sellers really get up my nose.

Don't you just love when Ebay buyers blame you when they wait until the last minute to order something and have totally unrealistic delivery times? 

To answer the OP, I think there must be something in the water lately.  I just received a chargeback notification that a buyer was disputing an item that was delivered on 12/6, saying he never authorized the charge.  Yet, I had some correspondence with him after he bought the item and before it was shipped, so don't tell me that he didn't know about the charge.  And why is he claiming this now, over a month after he received the item??   :wacko:  :growl:

I here you...I always ship USPS priority mail for the automatic tracking number or pay the extra for tracking no matter what!  I had this happen to me.  I was off the hook when I provided tracking # to eBay or PayPal.  Although, the buyer probably got their money back too.  These will eventually raise our fee percentage. 

Does anyone else have to call PayPal after the the "waiting" period for the buyer/seller to respond in order to get their money back? 

Refund was issued this morning by the seller.  Auction cancelled, negative feedback left, and seller reported.

I was due - I've been on eBay for 15 years.  Never been burned.  At least I got my money back quickly.

I'm sure the problem was the price - he really should have listed it as a BIN instead of an auction.  The auction price was $40 lower than any BINs are going for right now.

Tabby boy, bold arrow, alpine and jaisonline... I'm gonna play Devils advocate. Though I think the dude is probably lying to you based on your research I have no objection to someone trying *** to eat off of eBay... Under normal circumstances though. Not this. EBay fees suck. I have been a substantial feedback showing I'm not some sketch ball. I have completed many of deals outside ebay. The buyer is happy as I can offer a cheaper price and I'm happy cause I do t have the fees. This usually occurs under best offer when the buyer wants to buy multiple items and wants to work a deal. Just my three cents.

Well, even though it breaks eBay's rules (selling outside of eBay), if he had cancelled the auction, that would have been that.  My problem is that it went all the way to the end, and I paid for it, expecting to to be legit.

Crap happens, and if I get undercut because someone wants to bend/break the rules then so be it.  I think I was a little more pissy about it last night when my $115 was sitting in their account, and I had nothing to show for it.

Tabby boy, bold arrow, alpine and jaisonline... I'm gonna play Devils advocate. Though I think the dude is probably lying to you based on your research I have no objection to someone trying g to eat off of eBay... Under normal circumstances though. Not this. EBay fees suck. I have been a substantial feedback showing I'm not some sketch ball. I have completed many of deals outside ebay. The buyer is happy as I can offer a cheaper price and I'm happy cause I do t have the fees. This usually occurs under best offer when the buyer wants to buy multiple items and wants to work a deal. Just my three cents.

I don't follow tbh...you can sell wherever you want, BUT if I win an auction that has not been removed then I expect my stuff. If you sold the item via other venues you need to take down the listing. Per eBay policy a winning bid is a contract unless it is real estate and some other exclusion.

You can't list the same item on two venues and not take one down when it sells. That is fraud.

Also he didn't work with the legitimate buyer-in this case Alpine- he worked with someone else.

Tabby boy, bold arrow, alpine and jaisonline... I'm gonna play Devils advocate. Though I think the dude is probably lying to you based on your research I have no objection to someone trying g to eat off of eBay... Under normal circumstances though. Not this. EBay fees suck. I have been a substantial feedback showing I'm not some sketch ball. I have completed many of deals outside ebay. The buyer is happy as I can offer a cheaper price and I'm happy cause I do t have the fees. This usually occurs under best offer when the buyer wants to buy multiple items and wants to work a deal. Just my three cents.

i do deals off ebay with repeated buyers and sellers (still using paypal of course).  however, i never sold an item and then did a bait and switch.   heck, i never did that anytime with anything (sport tickets, lego, etc...).   no excuse regardless of the web site, fee structure...

Yeah. Dude is defiantly shady. Legit claim here. Even if what he said is true he should no better than to have an auction. I very recently had a hulks carrier for sale on bl and ebay at the same time. Someone purchased from eBay and not twenty minutes later got purchased on bl. That's different. I contacted e buyer on bl immediately explained and sent him link to ebay sale. Canceled order and told him I'd offer a discount on any other item if interested. Just good business. Though he was out nothing.

I don't see why it warranted negative feedback if you got your money back. Maybe an accidental relist or sold it on amazon. I know you wouldn't be happy if the same was done to you. Yes you are out that money though until it reaches your account unless you spend it via paypal.

I would however see if he lists another one soon.

Tabby boy, bold arrow, alpine and jaisonline... I'm gonna play Devils advocate. Though I think the dude is probably lying to you based on your research I have no objection to someone trying *** to eat off of eBay... Under normal circumstances though. Not this. EBay fees suck. I have been a substantial feedback showing I'm not some sketch ball. I have completed many of deals outside ebay. The buyer is happy as I can offer a cheaper price and I'm happy cause I do t have the fees. This usually occurs under best offer when the buyer wants to buy multiple items and wants to work a deal. Just my three cents.

I offer this all the time.  I still go through PayPal for some protection.