Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I would treat them as I would want to be treated if I was in a similar situation.  You got an apology and your money back.  What more can a person want?

I agree. They did the best they could under the circumstances that you already paid. If they shorted you money, or gave some bogus reason for the cancelations (such as, "we decided not to sell") then perhaps negative feedback would be appropriate. Not in this case though, based on the info I`m reading. Everyone makes mistakes, and unexpected things happen all the time. I think it`s important to be aware of this and forgiving even though it might be an inconvenience (not saying anyone in particular, just in general). 

I wouldn't leave a negative unless 1: they were being deceitful and cancelling because it didn't make enough money etc. or 2: they hadn't refunded you or had been rude in their cancellation etc.

For this situation if you don't want to leave a positive, just don't leave anything and move on.

• 5 weeks later...

It could be their auto complete function in their browser. I usually have it so that when I type the first letter, the rest of the feedback comment drops down and I just select and hit enter. Makes it a lot easier than writing it every time. Sometimes I have almost left feedback just like those above because both my seller message and buyer message start with the same letter, so they both show up. That MAY be the reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I ordered two 2013 Holiday sets from eBay ( Set 40083). They arrived today in a freakin padded envelope. Once I saw the envelope I "whipped out" the camera and filmed opening the envelope because it was obvious the sets were at least slightly crushed. Low and behold, they are slightly crushed. I wouldn't care if 1 was damaged but both? Sad part is the dude didn't even give me free shipping, Ugh.

I had another ship me the wrong Indy Jones Lego set. Yeah, like I'm gonna pay $110 for a sealed 7628 Peru set. I ordered set 7627 Kingdom of Numbskulls Temple set.

Just shaking my head...

• 1 month later...

So I purchased a no box Tower Bridge off eBay for $140ish. Seller has over 130+ feedback (from VA). The box arrived last night with nothing in it except an empty sneaker box. Opened an eBay resolution case,. He is telling me the bricks were mailed and the sneaker box was used to fill space. All I have is an empty box with it's shipping label showing 10 lbs that arrived looking like it wasn't tampered with. I'll let him of a case with USPS and let eBay sort it out.

I also purchased an open box 10198 Tantive IV. In the pics, the box was in pretty good shape. Anyway, the seller ships the box in huge box with just Walmart shopping bags for protection. Oh yeah, It was delivered to my door with the shipping box 1/3rd open due to the box having not enough inner stuffing, here is another kicker. The seller taped up the Lego box on both ends with clear shipping tape. At least it is 100% complete so far (just finished manual 1). In the end, it is prob a good thing the Lego box was taped or there would have been a trail or lego elements from his house to mine...

Guest brickcrazyhouse

latest feedback 

"Took a bit to show up, but not because of the sellers fault! Great purchase!!"

there was snow storm genius of course shipping was backed up and delayed 

I sold a N64 & games last week, the buyer was a trader who payed top dollar for it and hasn't paid.

The thing is he was selling a load of N64 gear at the time, so not sure why he purchased mine.

My thinking is he paid over the odds for mine to push up the price for his, nowing i can't leave him negative feedback.

What do you do with non payers just report them?

I sold a N64 & games last week, the buyer was a trader who payed top dollar for it and hasn't paid.

The thing is he was selling a load of N64 gear at the time, so not sure why he purchased mine.

My thinking is he paid over the odds for mine to push up the price for his, nowing i can't leave him negative feedback.

Not much else you can do. Open a case and give him a non-payment strike.

Alll you can do is file a non paying buyer report and wait to get your fees back.  I would block the buyer from future purchases.  There is absolutely nothing sellers can do anymore in retribution, and buyers know it.

I had a buyer file a "not received item" report to me 4 days after shipment.  This was on Jan. 2.  I kindly responded that IT'S THE F$&KING HOLIDAYS YOU MORON!!!"  The item did take longer than expected to get there, but to file a report 4 days after paying was ridiculous.  Fortunately all went well and ebay was more than helpful to get my money back since it had been held back on  paypal.

Message from buyer after item has been ordered:  "I paid for this item (Its December 21st) please make sure it gets to me in time for Christmas as it is a gift".                                                                                 :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:  

I got a B-Wing from Lego last year exactly like that. I did not open it to check the contents. I think it is probably still legit. Good question though, I am not clear on how that damage would happen in the warehouse.

here is what the seller replied with...

----

1st response..

"Glad it arrived, but I'm surprised you think it is not sealed. I ordered that set last year and let it sit in my attic for 1 year before selling to you. I can say for 100% certainty that I didn't open the set or mess with it in any manner. I barely even looked at the box when I got it before storing in the attic. All contents are there.

Again, I know for a fact this was sealed and sent to you just as I received it from Amazon last year. "

2nd response

"I just looked at them. I see what you are talking about with the 3rd picture. However, I go back to my first response that I have never tampered at all with the box or Legos. That is exactly how I received it from Amazon.

I remember when I got the package that it was raining that day and I was concerned about damage to it when I got home, so maybe the moisture affected the tape somehow.

I don't sell unopened boxes or try to pull anything over on eBay. I don't know what else to say as you are trying to take a stranger at his word, but I stand by all my statements that this Lego is 100% sealed and never tampered with by me or anyone else since receiving from Amazon and shipping to you. "

-----

so moisture moved 2 of the 4 tape seals around after lifting them up.  additionally, when the tape was moved, it lifted some of the picture (under it) with it.

ebay id= "mac41099"

Moisture could affect tape but you could always carefully open the box, inspect the contents and reapply a substance to the seals when closing the box.

At least he/she supplied a box as I received an 8 pound package on Friday from an ebat seller that was a Lego box wrapped in craft paper only.

here is what the seller replied with...

----

1st response..

"Glad it arrived, but I'm surprised you think it is not sealed. I ordered that set last year and let it sit in my attic for 1 year before selling to you. I can say for 100% certainty that I didn't open the set or mess with it in any manner. I barely even looked at the box when I got it before storing in the attic. All contents are there.

Again, I know for a fact this was sealed and sent to you just as I received it from Amazon last year. "

2nd response

"I just looked at them. I see what you are talking about with the 3rd picture. However, I go back to my first response that I have never tampered at all with the box or Legos. That is exactly how I received it from Amazon.

I remember when I got the package that it was raining that day and I was concerned about damage to it when I got home, so maybe the moisture affected the tape somehow.

I don't sell unopened boxes or try to pull anything over on eBay. I don't know what else to say as you are trying to take a stranger at his word, but I stand by all my statements that this Lego is 100% sealed and never tampered with by me or anyone else since receiving from Amazon and shipping to you. "

-----

so moisture moved 2 of the 4 tape seals around after lifting them up.  additionally, when the tape was moved, it lifted some of the picture (under it) with it.

ebay id= "mac41099"

Does the seller accept returns?  If not, and the seller will not play ball, I would open a case with eBay.  Those seals are clearly opened and reattached.  Even the last one shows a piece of the removed surface of the box on the reattached seal. 

Keep us posted on the seller's response.  'mac41099' will go to my banned buyer list if they don't approrpriately address the issue.