Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Some guy just listed a BIN for a set and said it was 95% complete and if someone bought it they would get the bricklink wanted list.

I asked him if I could see the list because I would buy it if I new it wasn't missing the important pieces. He said "I spent a lot of the time on the list. It is an enticement for the winning buyer that they get the list".

UMMMMMMM.... What?   Why would anyone buy it if they don't know what's missing. And why would withholding that information make someone buy it?

he is a "mo mo" (moron x2).

why the heck would he hide it. heck, without that list you could easily spend a small fortune on bricklink even before factoring in shipping.

take the 10175 UCS Vader Tie Defender.  I picked one up for $70.  however, i had a 'nice' blurry pic that at least showed me the major included elements.  if it ended up the cockpit window was missing, that would cost me $70 plus postage (only one listed on bricklink - http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=66668&colorID=12 ) if i needed it ASAP.

he is a "mo mo" (moron x2).

why the heck would he hide it. heck, without that list you could easily spend a small fortune on bricklink even before factoring in shipping.

take the 10175 UCS Vader Tie Defender.  I picked one up for $70.  however, i had a 'nice' blurry pic that at least showed me the major included elements.  if it ended up the cockpit window was missing, that would cost me $70 plus postage (only one listed on bricklink - http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=66668&colorID=12 ) if i needed it ASAP.

Exactly. I was just trying to be nice too and tell him he would get more money if he put it in the listing. He started acting like it was hidden information - like no one but him knows how to build it.

MY PRECIOUS...

Exactly. I was just trying to be nice too and tell him he would get more money if he put it in the listing. He started acting like it was hidden information - like no one but him knows how to build it.

MY PRECIOUS...

FINALLY, a Gollum quote on Brickpicker.  ha ha. 

220px-Gollum.PNG

Guest eightbrick

Me too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4loqPHEkI

What? No love for this guy? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzI2nzXAlY

1 out of 2 buyers over the last couple weeks have been from Russia and Israel buying $100 or more items. They have 0-3 feedback and their account is less than 3 months old. Sometimes as new as 1 day. Sometimes they use the same shipping address for three different purchases from three different accounts. I can't ship with a tracking number via the ebay shipping page to these countries. Anyone know for sure if you can still do Priority Express to Russia or Israel?

• 3 weeks later...

So I had a seller cancel a transaction (and refund my money) after I already paid and sent a message that basically explained a personal situation and please don't hold it against them and please don't leave negative feedback.

While sympathetic to the situation, isn't this still a "negative" experience from my end since it was communicated after I paid and after she already refunded me? Or am I being too harsh since I was issued a full refund?

Looking for other perspectives...

/Matt

IMO it depends on the reason they gave.  If they cancelled all their listings I wouldn't hold it against them.  Life sometimes gets hard for everyone...

If their reason was shady/iffy and they are still selling everything else then I might be upset.   You did get your $$ back and didn;t have to chase them down...how upset can you really be?  Enough to maybe screw up someone's business/side income? 

I personally only leave negative feedback for those who don't send my item or I get screwed somehow. I like to error on the side of being understanding.  We are all people.

I usually put positives on any canceled items... I accidently bought Orc Forge from some german and i clicked too fast and had higher shipping asked to cancel he did it instantly and got positive... also some guy was bidding on multiple items and asked for cancellation due to shipping costs and I did and he gave me positive.

So ye... its a little different situation, but ask him to give you positive and you give positive back IF he has a decent reason... if he will just relist i would put neg.

So I had a seller cancel a transaction (and refund my money) after I already paid and sent a message that basically explained a personal situation and please don't hold it against them and please don't leave negative feedback.

While sympathetic to the situation, isn't this still a "negative" experience from my end since it was communicated after I paid and after she already refunded me? Or am I being too harsh since I was issued a full refund?

Looking for other perspectives...

/Matt

Just remember you may have to cancel a transaction a few times in your selling career for one reason or another and what goes around comes around if you leave a negative rating.  Give the benefit of the doubt and have some faith in humanity.

Agree with above post.  I am generally very nice/courteous on eBay simply because it doesn't hurt to, as long as business was fair and no money is lost.  It's a waste of time and energy to go through a conflict than to just ignore and go onto the next transaction.

Ok so far it looks like I was looking at it too black and white - "business is business." Even if the cancellation was basically because she changed her mind (due to family situation).

What about leaving positive but stating the transaction was cancelled?

Edit: thanks for the feedback everyone!

Guest betsy805

Agree with everyone else.  I'd save the negative feedback for when you actually get screwed over.  A million things could have happened in this instance, but at least they told you and refunded you promptly.

IMO it depends on the reason they gave.  If they cancelled all their listings I wouldn't hold it against them.  Life sometimes gets hard for everyone...

If their reason was shady/iffy and they are still selling everything else then I might be upset.   You did get your $$ back and didn;t have to chase them down...how upset can you really be?  Enough to maybe screw up someone's business/side income? 

I personally only leave negative feedback for those who don't send my item or I get screwed somehow. I like to error on the side of being understanding.  We are all people.

This says it all. Even if they run out of stock, I just leave them positive. I have accidentally keyed in the wrong values before as well. It happens. At least they messaged you about it.