10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Great idea - I would be a buyer of this as well.  They could use the dealership I bought my Ford at as a template - it was the same building where Al Capone used to buy his cars back in the 30s - Motor Row in Chicago.

LI-archi-MR-245b.jpg

Also, it would be cool if they could work in an homage to a vintage set I had as a kid:

6373 Motorcycle Shop

That set bought back some childhood memories.  The shop along with the garage were so awesome.  

WoW. Quacs, you star. Where do you find this stuff? The building looks great. All that's missing is the open lot. Top Job. Stomping

I honestly never would have known about this if I hadn't bought a Ford.  At the time, I was living in the city and while there are tons of dealerships in Chicago's suburbs, this one was the closest to my place in the city.  After buying the car, I went to the dealership to pick it up.  Since the car wasn't ready, I started looking at this coffee table book they had in the waiting area that showed all these pictures of Motor Row from back in the 20s and 30s.  I struck up a conversation with one of the salesmen who started telling me about the incredible history of the building and the neighborhood, including Mr. Capone's preferred dealerships (including the one I had been in).

When you brought up the car dealership idea, it immediately popped into my head since it's really from the same era of design as the modulars.

• 3 weeks later...

That has just sealed the deal for me. Stomping

Couldn't agree more - this is a modular taken to the next level.  It's got exquisite facade and interior detail, an awesome color scheme, and serious displayability.  I can't wait for this to be released...

That has just sealed the deal for me. Stomping

Couldn't agree more - this is a modular taken to the next level.  It's got exquisite facade and interior detail, an awesome color scheme, and serious displayability.  I can't wait for this to be released...

It's pretty great, but I need to buy 3-4 Palace Cinemas before I get this thing.

lol exciter you still buying modulars for investment? Haven't you heard they will never retire? Especially if people keep buying 4 of each... Just joshin ya! Really though Chez Albert is a level above the Palace. I can't wait to build it :)

Jamie designed the restaurant whereas Astrid's intern designed the threater. It's a experienced professional vs an upstart, nevertheless, both are just as impressive.

lol exciter you still buying modulars for investment? Haven't you heard they will never retire? Especially if people keep buying 4 of each... Just joshin ya! Really though Chez Albert is a level above the Palace. I can't wait to build it :)

Very true, my number of modular investments is waaaay below regular sets.  Actually, I've only gone 10+ deep on a handful of $100+ sets, not many.

Jamie designed the restaurant whereas Astrid's intern designed the threater. It's a experienced professional vs an upstart, nevertheless, both are just as impressive.

Yeah she designed the Town Hall, too, which I am looking forward to building soon. I enjoyed all the modulars I've built, for sure. But Jaime's designs are unparalleled. Grand Emporium, VW, Winter Cottage... If he's not a millionaire, he should be. He's probably the best asset TLG has aside from its licenses.

• 3 weeks later...

The question is rather if it's the Maserk ship or the restaurant or both.

Are both scheduled to be released to non-VIP customers on the same day? IMHO, that's a bad business decision. Make people look forward to one set and buy it, then do it over and over and over again.  :money: (<-I think we use that too much! But is that such a bad thing?)

Of the two, I think the Maersk ship is going to be mine first. Not that the restaurant is bad, it's actually outstanding, but that ship...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321182260748?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Awesome custom Bank modular. If you like that, the seller also listed a custom Emporium and a few houses. Nice work all around.

The build look nice, but I don`t like that particular colour scheme. Sand blue (it is sand blue, right?) mixed with white and green tiles. That doesn`t work too well, but the overall structure is pretty good. 

The build look nice, but I don`t like that particular colour scheme. Sand blue (it is sand blue, right?) mixed with white and green tiles. That doesn`t work too well, but the overall structure is pretty good.

Sand blue or medium blue, not precisely sure. The design is so-so but I agree not the best color scheme all around. Being a bank, maybe the builder should have stuck with a more monochromatic palette.