10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Guest eightbrick

I have seen WALL-E so many times that I'm bored of it so that might be why (in the late 2000s it was the movie they showed again and again for indoor lunchbreaks in my school... and being in Canada we had lots of indoor lunchbreaks in the winter lol - total I have probably seen it 6-7 times). I still know it inside and out and I get dizzy just hearing WALL-E's quivering robot voice lol...

I guess it shows if a revolutionary and generally good movie gets shoved down your throat too much, you can still choke... in my experience, at least.

WALL-E is really the best if you give it a chance.  Many people blow it off too soon.  Each one has its own charm.

WALL-E was great in its own way like any other of Pixar's work. Conveying feelings and thoughts through wordless motions is difficult but beautiful when done right (just one reason why Charlie Chaplin has a permanent spot in cinema history). Ratatouille was fun and part of me loved it because I enjoy cooking myself. WALL-E was a bit like a silent movie or even some cartoons I recall where nobody said a thing; it was all done through motions and gestures.

Anyway, all I can say is disregard WALL-E at your own discretion. It is a good movie period, and should be enjoyed for what it is.

Is that olive green or a new color?

Olive green; he states the color used in the designer video.

The coloring contrast is Amazing!

For some reason I want a Croissant & Coffee.

So, which Modular will they retire?   FB or GE?  Maybe Both.

My assumption may be wrong but GE is a corner, this isn't. I'd say either FB, townhal or animal building will retire before GE..

I think that the new modular is going to replace the FB. I think the FB is the oldest modular that is still available on LEGO Shop at Home. It was released in 2009.

I think we are all speculating hah...

I'd love it if they finally retired one of them though. I don't even care which one

Why retire them when eager collectors are buying 5 or 10 of them still?

The rules have all changed.  Increased demand plus new factories in Mexico and elsewhere equals the ability to produce sets for a longer time.

That is right. I heard from a Lego store employee that they have more sales from the modulars and the Death Star than any other set they produce. It is logical for them. Why stop producing a set that makes you a lot of money?

My assumption may be wrong but GE is a corner, this isn't. I'd say either FB, townhal or animal building will retire before GE..

They would still have the Palace Cinema as a corner alternative.

• FB  2009
  • GE  2010
  • PS  2011

It could actually be any of these 3, but according to logic, It should be the FB, I'm just hoping for both FB & GE.

The coloring contrast is Amazing!

For some reason I want a Croissant & Coffee.

So, which Modular will they retire?   FB or GE?  Maybe Both.

They put the "retiring soon" tag at the Lego stores for the FB last month, so that's probably going to be gone.  GE hasn't been in stock for a month on Amazon,  Both of them could be done but who knows.  The cinema came out in May and we're getting the restaurant in Jan, so if there's any correlation, we might be getting 2 modulars from here on out.   

Guest TabbyBoy

10243 looks superb but, I'll not invest in one until FB or GE retire and show growth. Modulars are now produced in far, far greater numers than CC, MD & GC were so growth of new sets will be slow if at all. Of course, I'll go in big on 10243 if the next retirees do well. No rush, we probably have years yet.

It would be great if they made a modular Death Star!  10x larger than the present one, when completed.  

If TLG did make a modular Death Star, I want to put minifigure scale TIE fighters in the Death Star and a whole battle scene that happens at the end of Episode VI. My guess is that there would be around 30,000+ pieces in the set and that it would cost at least $3,000.

• Like 1

If TLG did make a modular Death Star, I want to put minifigure scale TIE fighters in the Death Star and a whole battle scene that happens at the end of Episode VI. My guess is that there would be around 30,000+ pieces in the set and that it would cost at least $3,000.

Sounds like a nice Cuusoo project.  The Death Star in VI was the same design as the one in IV?  If so, that would be worthy to do.  I imagine that there would be 10 or more scenes that would be workable.  The modular Parisian Restaurant could be the Death Star Cafe.

Scary awesome.  Sorry to derail topic.  Carrying on.

What good is a conversation if you can't have a nice distraction once in a while? ^_^ Moving right along, I look forward to seeing each year's new modular design. A slight problem though. Once I see the next one in line, now I am eager to see the next next design! :w00t: I was definately hoping for a restaurant anything to come out soon and now I got my wish! (A visually stunning one at that, I might add.)