10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Seems like about everybody likes this next upcoming modular as much as me.  I'm really looking forward to the next one, and would like to see an old police station to go with the Fire Brigade.  I like the custom Hospitals that are out there as well, but not sure if Lego can do it in true Modular form without making it too tall and a stand alone like Town Hall.

The possibilities are endless, I could see something with a Barber Shop, Health Clinic, Post, Police(my guess for next modular), or many more. 

What are your guesses?

Seems like about everybody likes this next upcoming modular as much as me.  I'm really looking forward to the next one, and would like to see an old police station to go with the Fire Brigade.  I like the custom Hospitals that are out there as well, but not sure if Lego can do it in true Modular form without making it too tall and a stand alone like Town Hall.

The possibilities are endless, I could see something with a Barber Shop, Health Clinic, Post, Police(my guess for next modular), or many more. 

What are your guesses?

It honestly feels strange Lego has not done a Police Precinct modular, either to go beside their previous Fire Brigade or because every year yields yet even more cop City sets. However going with tradition, I would rather enjoy seeing a classic Barber Shop. Maybe something like a old records store or jazz bar.

It honestly feels strange Lego has not done a Police Precinct modular, either to go beside their previous Fire Brigade or because every year yields yet even more cop City sets. However going with tradition, I would rather enjoy seeing a classic Barber Shop. Maybe something like a old records store or jazz bar.

I think Lego could make a very cool street side pub. Just not sure they would go down that route.  Record store could be cool too.  Police precinct makes too much sense, though, and there's about 1,000,000 of them to model from.

What are your guesses?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Post Office.  Seems like it would go well in a modular building street scene.

Could also see a record store.

I was thinking I wished this was a corner set. Then I realized, it is! The wrap-around terrace deserves to be seen, not stuffed between a town hall and a pet shop.

This is the set that will convince me to buy its contemporaries. So far I have the Brigade and the Palace, but neither is currently built because of display space. Come January I think a few of my built sets will be making room for a line of modulars :)

What are your guesses?

I would love to see a Post Office. It seems like it would go well with the other modulars.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Post Office.  Seems like it would go well in a modular building street scene.

Could also see a record store.

Hmm, maybe we'll see a two store side section similar to Pet Shop. One building will be the Post Office and the other a Record Store or Barber perhaps. I still would like to see more confectionary stores like a Candy Store or Ice Cream Shoppe. Heck, how about a Bar & Grill? Ha. :D

Thanks for posting these images. I was looking forward to this set. Now I can't wait. Weird Jan release date. I know these set are over brought by investors, It won't be another cafe cornner, But as a collector/fan this will make a really nice addiction to my collection. Just a idea, a car sales room would be nice, or even a church, or appartment building. Thanks again. Stomping

Oh, love the vespa! Plus why has that boy got the one ture ring???? lol

Thanks for posting these images. I was looking forward to this set. Now I can't wait. Weird Jan release date. I know these set are over brought by investors, It won't be another cafe cornner, But as a collector/fan this will make a really nice addiction to my collection. Just a idea, a car sales room would be nice, or even a church, or appartment building. Thanks again. Stomping

Oh, love the vespa! Plus why has that boy got the one ture ring???? lol

The January release is only a suggested date. Majority of this year's sets had that "January 1" date when we started hearing about them last year and only so many of them actually were available by then. I too found it funny with the guy holding "The One Ring" but it is just a generic ring part so I'm sure they'll use it elsewhere like maybe in a jewelry store modular. I like your automotive dealer idea although I have no idea how they could fit a car into the build itself unless it was a Mini or maybe that light blue Reliant Regal from just about every episode from Mr. Bean. :lol:
  • Like 1

The January release is only a suggested date. Majority of this year's sets had that "January 1" date when we started hearing about them last year and only so many of them actually were available by then. I too found it funny with the guy holding "The One Ring" but it is just a generic ring part so I'm sure they'll use it elsewhere like maybe in a jewelry store modular. I like your automotive dealer idea although I have no idea how they could fit a car into the build itself unless it was a Mini or maybe that light blue Reliant Regal from just about every episode from Mr. Bean. :lol:

Car show room. Two three cars out front, With star buy, in middle of show room. Then round the back a mech station. You could have advertising banners and every thing. Stomping

Car show room. Two three cars out front, With star buy, in middle of show room. The round the back a mech station. Stomping

Great idea - I would be a buyer of this as well.  They could use the dealership I bought my Ford at as a template - it was the same building where Al Capone used to buy his cars back in the 30s - Motor Row in Chicago.

LI-archi-MR-245b.jpg

Also, it would be cool if they could work in an homage to a vintage set I had as a kid:

6373 Motorcycle Shop

• Like 1

Does the speculative jan release mean we might not see this set until feb or march? :(

Anything goes when it comes to release dates. One thing going for a near start of the year release is how the designer video has already been sent out. The one for Palace Cinema was but a couple of months seen before the VIP release so we may very well see it available at Shop-at-Home early January (for VIP members).

It is on the website. Listing says January 1st, 2014. I believe it.

'Kay, let's go with that then. ;)

No f'ing way! You too had that set as a kid?! I loved that one! :yahoo:

I have seen a few good modular motorcycle stores on flickr and CUUSOO.

So simple, yet so awesome.  I still have the remnants of it in a bin in my basement.  Just saw the sign yesterday as I was looking for a piece...

Great idea - I would be a buyer of this as well.  They could use the dealership I bought my Ford at as a template - it was the same building where Al Capone used to buy his cars back in the 30s - Motor Row in Chicago.

LI-archi-MR-245b.jpg

Also, it would be cool if they could work in an homage to a vintage set I had as a kid:

6373 Motorcycle Shop

WoW. Quacs, you star. Where do you find this stuff? The building looks great. All that's missing is the open lot. Top Job. Stomping