10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Guest brickcrazyhouse

murphy bed whaaat! That and the use of feathers to make texture on the facade, nice.  The dumpster in the back, is at least the third creation where I made a version and soon after LEGO comes out with a 10 times better version.  They really are good at taking my money

After resisting not buying ANY modular sets (since I can see it being addictive haha)...I know this will be my first purchase in this theme!  Very cool and detailed.  I might have to get the Grand Emporium to go in the corner and Pet Shop to go on the other side of this Restaurant.  Obviously, too bad no more Green Grocer at retail price.  See, I knew this would be addictive :P

Guest eightbrick

Anyone know the significance of the restaurant's name, Chez Albert?

I like the brick curtains and the bowl pieces used for the lamps. This model is packed with really neat detail. I'm building it on day one.

I was thinking it could be a reference to a designer or someone of significance at Lego. They have done stuff like that before (eg. reference to the builder who died - not sure of his name - in the Alien Conquest mobile command set). I thought "Chez" was a preposition or something in French (like as or in) but I'm pretty rusty. 

EDIT: I looked up Chez and it means "at the home of... <name of the chef>". Albert is probably the designer or something.

Guest eightbrick

Loved that movie and it works well with this set.  

Yeah, it's a classic, makes everyone want to be a foodie. :D I thought it was way better than WALL-E but it seems to be way more unknown...

Yeah, it's a classic, makes everyone want to be a foodie. :D I thought it was way better than WALL-E but it seems to be way more unknown...

I actually really didn't like Wall-E. Not sure if any of you agree with me, but I prefer for the movies I watch to have more than 2 words in them...LOL

Guest eightbrick

Uh oh... I think I just accidentally started a Disney debate lol. Lock your doors and cover you windows, folks.  :shocked: 

I can't believe the detail... like all the little feathers for the architectural detailing and how they got some trimming on the windows. Is that olive green or a new color?