10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Our very good buddy Allen "Tormentalous" Tran has reported on his website that Eurobricks has leaked small bits of info on a restaraunt modular set for realease next year, on the surface it seems pretty lame but probably too early to tell.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-2014-lego-modular-building-revealed-is-a-parisian-restaurant/

Guest ph4tb0i

To be fair, compared to the other modulars, the Pet Shop itself is a bit messy....

I actually love the pet shop! lots of detail inside and seems to have a lot of playability with it as well. 

though tbh I see the Pet Shop and Town Hall retiring way before Grand Emporium ever does. Something about a mall that makes it very attractive vs the others. 

Guest eightbrick

Really excited for this one, thanks for the heads up Stephen ;) The stellar outside and interior of last year's mod, the palace cinema, is a really encouraging sign. Apparently, the info has some relation to EB member GRoggal, and from past experience he is a very credible source.

I don't own any modulars yet (resisting the urge to get ONE as than I would want to get ALL of them haha) but would love to see an 'arcade'...complete with PacMan/video games, pin ball, foosball, hot shot (basketball) and skee ball machines, build-a-bear, etc.  Have a minifig of those change guys with apron walking around haha.  Guess I'm revealing how old I am lol.   

I classic diner would be cool too.  They have a cinema already but doing a MOC drive in theatre would be awesome.       

• Like 1

I don't own any modulars yet (resisting the urge to get ONE as than I would want to get ALL of them haha) but would love to see an 'arcade'...complete with PacMan/video games, pin ball, foosball, hot shot (basketball) and skee ball machines, build-a-bear, etc.  Have a minifig of those change guys with apron walking around haha.  Guess I'm revealing how old I am lol.   

I classic diner would be cool too.  They have a cinema already but doing a MOC drive in theatre would be awesome.

For your arcade.............. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=181129917632

I was considering doing a Flynn's Arcade MOC from Tron, but then I realized I'm not that good at MOCs...

Somehow I don't imagine a parisian restaurant fitting in to well beside the fire brigade, town hall, pet shop, and palace cinema, which all seem based on American architecture... But any modular is a good modular in my book.

That's interesting, the buildings have always had a European feel to them to me.

The picture on Stephens link only really shows the awning so the rest of the building could look like anything. The only thing I think we can count as a definite is that this will not be a corner building.

That's interesting, the buildings have always had a European feel to them to me.

The picture on Stephens link only really shows the awning so the rest of the building could look like anything. The only thing I think we can count as a definite is that this will not be a corner building.

Agreed - a Parisian cafe would be a storefront, not a corner.  Plus, Palace Cinema just came out and that's a corner.  Never say never, I suppose, but I really think this sets up as a storefront.