10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Guest ph4tb0i

I just threw up a bit in my mouth. As long as it was stock inside with mini boxes of lego sets covered in clearance stickers maybe we could cope.

lol, i was going to say Krispy Kreme modular but that probably would've sent you to the ER.. :D

Maybe Lego will reissue "Corner Cafe" ha ha There is such a wide variety of diffrent buildings and store types i dont see them reissuing any of them. Would like to see a Post Office, Food Store/Supermarket, Church, Arcade is a good one, Car Parts, Book Store, Antique Shop, Barber/Beauty Shop, Appliance & Repair Store, Gunshop,

and there are many many more. When does anyone think Lego will stop with this series? The Pet Shop is a great building/two seperate shops to convert into other shops.

With all the weapons avaiable from other sets, I'm fashioning a Gunshop into one half of a Pet Store building. maybe a Lawyers Office into the other half, seperate them and put one on each side of the Town Hall of course. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

A restaurant would be great, but being very influenced by city sets, I'm ready for a Police Station, I'm actually surprised we don't have one yet.

I also started a modular, it's a sporting goods shop with 2 apartments upstairs when done it will have 5 stories, I haven't worked on it in awhile but almost 4 stories are done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool idea for a UK modular build. A News Agent, next to a Barggin Booze, Next to a curry house. You could have a wine'o being sick, some kids smoking weed on the street conner. With a hooker hanging a round the street lamp, as a car pulls up. Two Skin heads kicking the (india) shop keeper. I think Ive captured the English high street perfictley. Stomping

post-27149-0-31609300-1379343662.jpg

post-27149-0-48114600-1379343663.jpg

post-27149-0-30853500-1379343664.jpg

post-27149-0-64561600-1379343800_thumb.j

• Like 3

Cool idea for a UK modular build. A News Agent, next to a Barggin Booze, Next to a curry house. You could have a wine'o being sick, some kids smoking weed on the street conner. With a hooker hanging a round the street lamp, as a car pulls up. Two Skin heads kicking the (india) shop keeper. I think Ive captured the English high street perfictley. Stomping

Are you suggesting a Trainspotting or a Grand Theft Auto MOC?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL but, true!

Or... a new "UK 2013" theme to reflect our current urban environment thus:

A charity Shop next to a Wetherspoons pub next to a charity shop next to a Wetherspoons pub next to a charity shop next to a Wetherspoons pub next to a charity shop next to a Wetherspoons pub with a vandalised betting shop on the corner. Complete with 4 Ambulances, 8 police cars, 2 police riot vans and a kebab van!

The UCS set of a 3-bedroom semidetached house with 4 satellite dishes, dirty washing on a whirlybird, old kitchen appliances in the front garden, a boarded up pub nextdoor, a half-glazed phone box, dog turds and a burnt out Citroen Saxo in the drive?

To appear on a CUUSOO near you!

Happy Days!

Sarcasm aside...  How about a butcher/fishmonger, bakers, hairdressers & DIY shop?

Butcher, Baker, Fish Monger would be great. Like the pet shot with one more building. A four story Hotel would be good. Vets, Chemist(pharmacy for you outside UK), Apartment building. I would love to see a library, a bit like the Washington Library of congress.  Stomping

Why not a brothel or a meth clinic?

Seriously, delighted about the Parisian restaurant. Just been to Paris two weeks ago, actually a lot of restaurants are on corners there, maybe they should have made this the corner and not Palace Cinema. But there you go.

I've read a rumor that it has a rooftop dining area, but this may just have been speculation.

Why not a brothel or a meth clinic?

Seriously, delighted about the Parisian restaurant. Just been to Paris two weeks ago, actually a lot of restaurants are on corners there, maybe they should have made this the corner and not Palace Cinema. But there you go.

I've read a rumor that it has a rooftop dining area, but this may just have been speculation.

Nertherlands hey, that explains the Brothel...lol Just joking. Meth Clinic, Breaking Bad has been a bad influence. Iv'e not been to France since early 90's. Paris was a bit disappointing(Not a very clean city). But the restaurants, cafes, bars were amazing. The atmosphere was amazing. Sitting out, drinking wine, people watching. Such fun. 

So back on topic, do you think it will be a three story building with the RDA as the third floor? That would look cool. Stomping

Guest TabbyBoy

Nertherlands hey, that explains the Brothel...lol Just joking. Meth Clinic, Breaking Bad has been a bad influence. Iv'e not been to France since early 90's. Paris was a bit disappointing(Not a very clean city). But the restaurants, cafes, bars were amazing. The atmosphere was amazing. Sitting out, drinking wine, people watching. Such fun. 

So back on topic, do you think it will be a three story building with the RDA as the third floor? That would look cool. Stomping

Maybe we should run a "sweepstake" and see who correctly guesses the next type of modular building (excl. Paris cafe of course).  I agree with Paris (and most French cities in general) as when you walk down side streets and along river paths, you have to avoid the "output" of dogs.  Well, I hope it's from dogs!  I've just come back from a week's cycling tour in Provence/Camargue and it was fantastic.

Guest eightbrick

I'm sorry... what road has this topic gone down lol o.o

I think people would much rather have the stereotypical London or Paris street rather than the average one. It's funner to pretend things are still their romantic, unchanged ways rather than home to a globalized burger joint on ever corner :D

:)

My guess is if it does have an outside dining area, it would probably only have two interior floors, three would be a bit much. But anyone's guess is as good as mine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...