10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

Guest eightbrick

The bar is raised again! I can't believe how they keep improving these things... Incredible detail... yet it still has that awesome classic feel. Big thanks to you Huskers for sharing... but now I'm all jittery and won't fall asleep for hours... lol

Guest eightbrick

What is happening with the minifigure face.........

You mean the classic smileys? That's the "trademark" of the modular theme, adding an innocent touch and nod to classic town. Personally, I love them for that. :)

And people were ranking on Chima. Here that whole thing uses the new olive green color from that line. Ha! :spiteful:

What is happening with the minifigure face.........

Lego seems to like to use the same classic smiley face from way back when for these. I guess they figure the people who would build these modulars have been around for a while themselves.

Wallet opens again....

And dies from a heartattack. :swoon:

Guest eightbrick

And dies from a heartattack. :swoon:

Speaking of which the pricing of the set appears to be very hopeful news (for Canadians, at least, unfortunately for y'all south of the border its 10 dollars more). According to Eurobricks the US and CDN prices are $159.99 and $189.99 respectively, compared to the usual modular respective prices of $149.99 and $199.99; tightening the price difference it by 20 bucks. Ten bucks cheaper than normal isn't huge by any means but was a good step in the right direction for us canucks, I'll say!

Now this looks like a nice modular set. The last 2 just haven't done it for me. The cinema is an easy no because it looks like it's out of the 80's and the Town Hall just seems way too big and doesn't fit in with the others IMO. TH's don't sit in a row of buildings, they sit off by themselves. This restaurant though will fit perfect next to the GG, GE, PS, and CC. Lots of good looking details, can't wait to see this, hopefully it will be available for Xmas for VIP's.

Now this looks like a nice modular set. The last 2 just haven't done it for me. The cinema is an easy no because it looks like it's out of the 80's and the Town Hall just seems way too big and doesn't fit in with the others IMO. TH's don't sit in a row of buildings, they sit off by themselves. This restaurant though will fit perfect next to the GG, GE, PS, and CC. Lots of good looking details, can't wait to see this, hopefully it will be available for Xmas for VIP's.

The Palace Cinema is actually modelled after a Hollywood Boulevard movie theatre that was built in 1926:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCL_Chinese_Theatre

But I agree, it doesn't fit well with the rest of the line and because of that it's my least favourite modular (though I still couldn't resist).

Very happy that Lego went back to the more classic look. And: looks like no stickers, woohoo!