10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

• 1 month later...

Question: Do the extra spare parts in this set contain the part: "dark grey leaves"? I know the set contains quite a few of this part. But is this one part of the spare parts. I am asking this cause I am missing one of these in my used 4184 POTC Black Pearl. I am planning to order the PR on the 5th of January (double VIP) so it would be nice to know so I can have my Black Pearl complete.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished building the PR with my son on the weekend.  Love the details on the roof, the little kitchen, chair in front of fire place etc.  Overall, a fun/great build.  Maybe it's just me but I find the two latest modular (PR and DO) have more cool 'features/build techniques'...taking it to another level in terms of general design vs the previous four (FB/TH/PS/GE).  Big thumbs up for Lego modular theme designers/creators, can't wait to see what building they release next.  Lego probably has 2-3 lined up in different stages...maybe finalizing box art etc for the new building now. 

• Like 2

Finished building the PR with my son on the weekend.  Love the details on the roof, the little kitchen, chair in front of fire place etc.  Overall, a fun/great build.  Maybe it's just me but I find the two latest modular (PR and DO) have more cool 'features/build techniques'...taking it to another level in terms of general design vs the previous four (FB/TH/PS/GE).  Big thumbs up for Lego modular theme designers/creators, can't wait to see what building they release next.  Lego probably has 2-3 lined up in different stages...maybe finalizing box art etc for the new building now. 

​I would def agree with that and the PR is my fav build of them all so far.  Don't have the DO yet though so maybe that will be but the newer ones have added many great details. Some of the older ones like the GE for example were so boring inside.  Pet shop was just eh, town hall had some nice touches but not much going on and fire brigade I liked with the slide pole, ping pong table, refrigerator, some nice touches on the upper floor while the PR is just packed with detail absolutely everywhere! Curtains, table lamps, 2nd floor apartment with murphy bed, entire chefs kitchen, fireplaces, win rack, goes on and on. 

Maybe the worst and most annoying design in any of them was using the tiny frogs as hooks for the firemen's hats to hang.  They always fall off and were extremely hard to put back on while building if they fell.  I'd almost rather not hang them up but then you see frogs.  It's an odd choice. 

Edited by DenJ91
  • Like 1

Yup, interesting how Lego uses frogs, croissants (white and brown) and now shells for little designs/features.  I'm probably forgetting a few other items.  It must take lots of HOURS or certain skills to create these small mini items (chairs, tables, etc.).  That kitchen was so well designed.  Even the murphy bed that folded down was neat.  Everything was well spaced.  The frontage of the restaurant was spot on with the awning and menu.  The stairs on the side added a lot too...I just had to place the modular as my side corner building to show it off.   

In the DO, the rooms were quite small with sooo much detail but easily my top 3 modular so far that I've built.  I enjoyed the PS (overall) and GE (exterior) previously but hands down I feel PR and DO are upgrades in many aspects.       

Edited by weakside
  • Like 2

​You heard it here first.  Plus it's limit 2 at LEGO Shop at Home.  Maybe it's controversial in France for some reason?

​I'm quoting myself 'cause it's too late to edit my last post.  Anyway, the frustrating thing about the summer catalog (just flipped through it) is it includes EVERYTHING I WANT GONE!  Lego is clearly just trolling me, and brickpickers generally.  So we have TB, T1, PS, PC (but not PR; good catch by CC-Marley), and of course a half page spread for DS.  Obviously PR is retiring, but PS and PC will stick around until DS retires at the turn of the century.  Or something.  I think the real lesson here is that the catalog is useless for predicting EOL dates.

• Like 1

I got my summer catalog and this set was not in it...

​Well, in the German summer catalogue PR is still promoted together with PC and DO. The only exclusive sets to be omitted were PS, Ewok Village, Tower of Orthanc and Metalbeard's Seacow. Maybe those sets will EOL soon, or maybe not, who knows?

• Like 1