10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

I've been selling these in Singapore at $240 usd, lol

Thanks to Singapore lego stores telling everyone its going EOL and with no stock coming in ever again, demand is pretty high. PS and PC command slightly lower, similar prices as well, but PR has been around much shorter and already commanding the highest out of the three. 

May be a good case study for when it really does go EOL worldwide. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

That and Amazon will refuse to sell to you in a heartbeat if you are in anyway messing with their profits. Trying to get one over on Amazon will not happen for very long. Beware the pedantic complainers, you may be the ultimate losers if you abuse the (Amazon) rules.

• Like 2

It would be totally out of schedule and completely unexpected if TLG would actually retire PR this year after only 2 years availability. But an unexpected early retirement for a set in this theme isn't unprecedented and as unlikely as it may be, it's not impossible. 

Here in The Netherlands we're also at a disadvantage because advanced modulars are not sold (any longer) by third party retailers. Only by Lego LEGO Shop at Home. So when the order button is not available on the website, it's basically unavailable at all.

7 minutes ago, darkhorseoflego said:

What's going on with this then? :/ 

I cannot speak for the EU situation, but in the US all seems to be normal: stocked at LEGO Shop at Home and at Target.com, and Amazon has temporarily stopped selling due to high amount of returns (likely) - I'm expecting them to have PR in stock again next week (but that's my assumption - planning to give them a call later tonight).

12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I cannot speak for the EU situation, but in the US all seems to be normal: stocked at LEGO Shop at Home and at Target.com, and Amazon has temporarily stopped selling due to high amount of returns (likely) - I'm expecting them to have PR in stock again next week (but that's my assumption - planning to give them a call later tonight).

It's weird in the EU situation. I can't work out what's going on with it at all. Any chance you could let me know what they say when you call them :)?

There was definitely a production run in late november in the states, because I waited over a month to finally get one right before Christmas.  It became available again around that time and has stayed in stock since.  However, it was OOS for quite some time before that period.   With Amazon getting knocked out recently, and walmart just having the PC it could be another sign.  When Amazon starts to post that message usually means the boxes they have left are the damaged ones and they are waiting for stock, or too many of the recent shipments were sent back, which may mean they might not get anymore in besides what's currently left in their warehouse.  Many sets that recently got knocked out can have this message.  Target is usually always the last retailer remaining.

And, for those of us that pay attention, when Europe starts having stock depletion, it's a definite sign.

• Like 2

All those PCs and PSes from the last few completely baseless, self-fulfilling horde induced EOL speculation freak outs need some PRs to keep them company for the next year+. :)

Edited by MarxMarvelous

8 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

All those PCs and PSes from the last few completely baseless, self-fulfilling horde induced EOL speculation freak outs need some PRs to keep them company for the next year+. :)

There's 5 sets currently on the market, so it wouldn't be shock if something went.  Architecture line is prone to sporadic retirement patterns with sets just 2 years old or less retiring before sets that are 4 or 5 years old, so it wouldn't be too shocking to see another set go like that. 

And like I said, do we know what's up for next year?  Seems like a restaurant/food theme is easily expendable and interchangable (just make a sushi bar, sandwich shop, tavern, etc) while cinemas, banks, and puppy shops would seem like a one off in the theme..  I'd almost expect the DO to retire before the Cinema.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil B said:

6 hours ago, darkhorseoflego said:

It's weird in the EU situation. I can't work out what's going on with it at all. Any chance you could let me know what they say when you call them :)?

Here goes ....:

You are now connected to Hemant from Amazon.com
Me: I have a question about http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expe...(See full link) (LEGO set 10243 Parisian Restaurant). The listing shows Amazon's stock is temporarily unavailable due to higher than normal issues with the current inventory. Can you confirm that you still have inventory and give me an estimate as to when this inventory will become available again? I was really hoping to purchase one in the near future and want to make sure I do not miss out.
Hemant: Hello, my name is Hemant. I'm here to help you today.
Me: Hello Hemant
Hemant: I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.No worry I will definitely help you regarding this concern.
Please allow me a minute or two while I check this for you .
I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It'll just be a moment longer.
Me: no problem
Hemant: Thank you for waiting.
I am sorry for this but I would like to inform you that this item will come in stock within next 10-12 business days .
Me: Ok so 2 weeks ... is this because Amazon needs to get new stock, or is this just how long the Review process takes?
Hemant: Yes it will take a two weeks and there is a some issue in our inventory for this product and we will resolve this within two weeks for better delivery.

So sounds like Amazon will be back in stock soon, unless this is some sort of a hidden message. But then again, I got an email following up on the chat that mentioned "Temporarily out of stock" .... which might mean that they've sent their inventory back to LEGO for replenishment ....?

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:
Me: Ok so 2 weeks ... is this because Amazon needs to get new stock, or is this just how long the Review process takes?
Hemant: Yes it will take a two weeks and there is a some issue in our inventory for this product and we will resolve this within two weeks for better delivery.

Classic example of not answering the question.

• Like 3

There is no 1 logic reason to have worries about early EOL of PR... I know that TH unexpectedly finished, but there were at least some reasons - bigger price than average modular, maybe slow seller... There is no 1 argument if we are speaking about PR - it is very nice modular, maybe the most beautiful among actual modulars, the price is normal, and there are 2 other modulars which are older. I cannot imagine early EOL for PR. The only reason could be to sabotage the resellers, but if TLG is going this way and changing production plans and logics only to bring chaos to resellers, it would be very stupid step.

38 minutes ago, mesje said:

There is no 1 logic reason to have worries about early EOL of PR... I know that TH unexpectedly finished, but there were at least some reasons - bigger price than average modular, maybe slow seller... There is no 1 argument if we are speaking about PR - it is very nice modular, maybe the most beautiful among actual modulars, the price is normal, and there are 2 other modulars which are older. I cannot imagine early EOL for PR. The only reason could be to sabotage the resellers, but if TLG is going this way and changing production plans and logics only to bring chaos to resellers, it would be very stupid step.

Could be that a few of colours or brick types are not used in other current sets, and hence the firm decided to free up resources to make other sets. Anyway 2 years shoue be the norm, and the outliers are petshop and cinema. In fact it may to lego advantage if they stick to 2 years life for every set as they can make more money since there are typically 2 sales surge, during release and before EOL. 2 years is just right to maximise revenue for each set.

9 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Could be that a few of colours or brick types are not used in other current sets, and hence the firm decided to free up resources to make other sets. Anyway 2 years shoue be the norm, and the outliers are petshop and cinema. In fact it may to lego advantage if they stick to 2 years life for every set as they can make more money since there are typically 2 sales surge, during release and before EOL. 2 years is just right to maximise revenue for each set.

Wow, hopefully LEGO reads your post so they know 2 years is the ideal time for a set's life. We'll all be better off because we'll know exactly how long a set will stick around before retiring. :bow:

• Like 1