10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know when limit of 2 was placed on PR @ SAH?

Interesting to notice that PS, PC and PR have a limit of 2 in the American LEGO Shop at Home, while in Europe the limit is 5 on all four available Advanced Modular Buildings.

Wonder why it's limited to 2 per purchase in the US and limited to 5 per purchase in Europe...

Interesting to notice that PS, PC and PR have a limit of 2 in the American LEGO Shop at Home, while in Europe the limit is 5 on all four available Advanced Modular Buildings.

Wonder why it's limited to 2 per purchase in the US and limited to 5 per purchase in Europe...

Maybe because in the U.S. they get them for 50% off with a coupon that they use to double the value of another coupon which decreases the price of ALL purchases while they can additionally add their bonus points and membership special deals and if the box has got a bruise they get it for free or sue the seller.

And in most parts of Europe on the other hand we can be happy for double VIP points and a promominifig (if we get the cool one... obviously UK gets a lot of great deals so I'm not sure if I want to count you to Europe anymore when it comes to LEGO ^.^...)

also I've never heard of anything like comic-con where they have awesome minifigs sometimes (always?)

(too much frustration after I've been waiting for weeks for the 3 for 2 deal in the netherlands...and still nothing! :-( )

New PR box? I expected as much, but haven't seen any pics.

Would also be glad to see somebody post a pic ;-) I don't expect too much of the new box art though since I never really have been that much into the box art...

• Like 3

Maybe because in the U.S. they get them for 50% off with a coupon that they use to double the value of another coupon which decreases the price of ALL purchases while they can additionally add their bonus points and membership special deals and if the box has got a bruise they get it for free or sue the seller.

Um, what? I assume you are joking?

Edited by sharky1999

Um, what? I assume you are joking?

Being pissed off sarcastic that we don't have more opportunities here in Germany and sometimes when I read "what you bought at full price? If you don't buy for at least 50% off it's no deal!" and how people do it with all these crazy coupons and bonus points etc. (even for bigger sets that we can't get much better than 10% off) then I'm not so sure about the joking part anymore...

but I think it is obvious enough that I might have exaggerated just a little bit ;-)

• Like 1

Being pissed off sarcastic that we don't have more opportunities here in Germany and sometimes when I read "what you bought at full price? If you don't buy for at least 50% off it's no deal!" and how people do it with all these crazy coupons and bonus points etc. (even for bigger sets that we can't get much better than 10% off) then I'm not so sure about the joking part anymore...

but I think it is obvious enough that I might have exaggerated just a little bit ;-)

EU gets much better deals on exclusives, not sure about Germany specifically though.  We rarely see better than 10% off here, other than some hard core GC flipping.  for most other sets yes 50% off is generally obtainable and 30% off is pretty easy.

Germany gets the best treatment in the eurozone from TLG in terms of RRP pricing and special offers. End of story.

Regarding normal shops like TRU and supermarkets, these can vary region to region within the same country so it is hard to make comparisons.

Name them and point them out for me because I must walk around blindfolded.

"the best treatment"

Also this is not about getting the best treatment from TLG in the eurozone, but about deals.

U.S. gets better way better deals and each time I compare prices I'm like ... okay so about 100 something less if I would live in the U.S. for the whole theme.

And the TLG treatment 10 Euro +/- really is arguably weak if you rarely get any deals on good sets (not talking about the sets that nobody wants any longer)  where you can save more than 10%.

So 3 for 2 is like 30% (if you're lucky it's 33%). That's not in Germany but in UK (Argos) and has been in the Netherlands (I hoped for it being this year again but I'm losing hope) and that one time you could buy the MF for 70€ (ONE per Person) at the Metro have been the best deals I have ever found.

Sometimes you get lucky and find a good deal at Galleria Kaufhof... but normally it's not more than 20% off.

There might be some hidden tricks somewhere and if you know them please enlighten me. But I honestly doubt that Germany has got the best deals in the eurozone and what treatment we get from TLG doesn't matter if there still are no better deals than double VIP points.

Also I compared it to the system in the U.S. . And I don't want to begrudge anyone but at the same time I think it is understandable (and some of my fellow Germans and other Europeans who don't have that many deals can relate) that just sometimes reading about all these great deals that I'm missing out on (not only for reselling but also for my personal collection!!!) I'm just a tiny bit jealous ;-P

"the best treatment"

Also this is not about getting the best treatment from TLG in the eurozone, but about deals.

U.S. gets better way better deals and each time I compare prices I'm like ... okay so about 100 something less if I would live in the U.S. for the whole theme.

And the TLG treatment 10 Euro +/- really is arguably weak if you rarely get any deals on good sets (not talking about the sets that nobody wants any longer)  where you can save more than 10%.

So 3 for 2 is like 30% (if you're lucky it's 33%). That's not in Germany but in UK (Argos) and has been in the Netherlands (I hoped for it being this year again but I'm losing hope) and that one time you could buy the MF for 70€ (ONE per Person) at the Metro have been the best deals I have ever found.

Sometimes you get lucky and find a good deal at Galleria Kaufhof... but normally it's not more than 20% off.

There might be some hidden tricks somewhere and if you know them please enlighten me. But I honestly doubt that Germany has got the best deals in the eurozone and what treatment we get from TLG doesn't matter if there still are no better deals than double VIP points.

Also I compared it to the system in the U.S. . And I don't want to begrudge anyone but at the same time I think it is understandable (and some of my fellow Germans and other Europeans who don't have that many deals can relate) that just sometimes reading about all these great deals that I'm missing out on (not only for reselling but also for my personal collection!!!) I'm just a tiny bit jealous ;-P

The SAH warehouse is in Germany so things are shipped quicker for the same cost and prices can vary between nations due to different VAT but it seems to be a one way street in that Germany has the lowest prices whereas we were and France now seems to be the whipping boy (see recent SW, Technic). Factor in average salaries and the case is even worse.

Last year´s special offers on SOH/AA/HE etc for BF/CM were only available in Germany (maybe NL and BE too) and there were a number of other special sales promotions that other countries missed out on.

I haven´t mentioned non Eurozone countries becase the Euro has fluctuated so much recently that it is impossible to make a fair comparison - in any case the UK has an excellent price for the DS, whatever the exchange rate!

Logically, if prices are lower to start with, discounts will be worse - here SOH costs 320 euros so even with a 10% discount we are still more expensive than in Germany! Also, it seems the days of more than 25% off are now over wherever you live, unless you count general 3 for 2 offers on all toys or clearance deals from seasonal stockers.

"the best treatment"

Go to SOH FR/SP/IT and check out Sand crawler, SOH,  EV,  TB, FW, FM, PR, DO, Mini, DS, SW, MF, X wing, Tie fighter, pretty much every technic set. DE is being overcharged 5 euros for the Ferrari F40, though!

Believe me or not, I often compare prices and I'm "shocked" about the differences.

I even wrote an email to LEGO pointing out the fact that I feel the difference in price seems to be unfair. But of course not counting on anything more than a friendly email reply.

To say it one last time: My point being is not that German prices for shop at home are the highest, but that deals on LEGO can be rarely found and reading about how the latest barnes and nobles gift card together with coupon xyz  and member card got somebody this and that and that for 50% off just is a downer sometimes when I struggle to get something for my personal collection.

Also reading about the anual (once or twice?) Argos deal makes me longing for a German Argos thing.

To get back to Parisian Restaurant.

I really want to build this one, ever since I saw it! So I waited for a special offer on it... and living not too far away from the netherlands driving to XL Toys for the 3 for 2 would have been a great opportunity to get JW sets, Scooby Doo AND the Restaurant... (did I mention that I really want the Simpsons Quick-E-Mart and the House?).

But nothing happens... and I just can't afford all of them where they are now. Getting some for 20-30% off would be great though!

So now I'm sitting here and wait for a deal on the PR... and hope for JW not to retire before I can afford them.... while on the other hand every once in a while I read about another great deal made on... so for my poor tormented soul's sake don't begrudge me that moment when I shout out my frustration about my first world problems using this forum where likeminded people who can relate might have the same struggles.

Peace Out!

I was so jealous of Germany for the price difference of the Red Five X-Wing! In Germany LEGO Shop at Home: €199,99 while in The Netherlands LEGO Shop at Home: €229,99...

30 freaking Euro difference! :mad: But since buying it from the Dutch LEGO Shop at Home was my only chance to still get one before they become retired I grudgingly paid the higher price just to have one for my collection.

Other examples: Parisian Restaurant in Germany: €149,99 and in The Netherlands: €159,99. Same price difference is true for Detective's Office.

• Like 2

EU gets much better deals on exclusives, not sure about Germany specifically though.  We rarely see better than 10% off here, other than some hard core GC flipping.  for most other sets yes 50% off is generally obtainable and 30% off is pretty easy.

50% off at the actual Lego Store?  Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...