Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

Guest betsy805

Not sure if all Fred Meyers are doing this, but I checked by one of my local stores to see if they'd restocked the venom polybag.  Instead, they put a whole bunch of Poe's X-wing polys in its' place.  First time I'd seen them at FM.

• 1 month later...

There are a couple of people on OfferUp selling some really cheap retired Lego right now ... Red 5 and Fallingwater and stuff like that ... the price is so low and the lego is so rare that it feels really really unsafe .... They have NIB faillingwater + wall-e + Sydney Opera House for $100 ... Red 5 for less than $150 

There are a couple of people on OfferUp selling some really cheap retired Lego right now ... Red 5 and Fallingwater and stuff like that ... the price is so low and the lego is so rare that it feels really really unsafe .... They have NIB faillingwater + wall-e + Sydney Opera House for $100 ... Red 5 for less than $150 

Which city? Not in Portland :(

• 2 weeks later...

So this is new (to me) at Fred Meyer.  Almost all sets $39.99 and up are no longer stocked on shelves.  There is an empty box with a ticket to claim, similar to what TRU has been doing for their more expensive sets.  I guess this is theft deterrent?  Photo of ticket included. Where did they get all the empty boxes and what did they do with the contents?

Anyone seen the Disney minifigs in the Seattle area?  I've hit up 2 Target stores with inventory of 300 or greater, only to find all are Series 15 since they share the same DPCI.

IMG_0795.JPG

Edited by JimboJet

So this is new (to me) at Fred Meyer.  Almost all sets $39.99 and up are no longer stocked on shelves.  There is an empty box with a ticket to claim, similar to what TRU has been doing for their more expensive sets.  I guess this is theft deterrent?  Photo of ticket included. Where did they get all the empty boxes and what did they do with the contents?

Anyone seen the Disney minifigs in the Seattle area?  I've hit up 2 Target stores with inventory of 300 or greater, only to find all are Series 15 since they share the same DPCI.

IMG_0795.JPG

At least for TRU, they open one box and keep the content somewhere ... Reason I know is that I bought the last Slave 1 once from TRU ... Worst was that they didn't even give me any discount as they didn't consider it as open box .... I did use the 20% off coupon couple with GC ... My guess is that Fred Meyer is doing the same too.

That is crazy. Must depend on the Fred Meyer, my local one doesn't have this. But yes, theft deterrent for sure I think. This is IMO a big issue with all of these local small Lego shops - I have been in one before where they were buying sets from a guy which were obviously stolen.

On Disney figures, we had to go to the Lego store. None at Fred Meyer yet that I have seen, and even Bartell Drugs seems to be passing the last couple of times. They didn't do Series 15 either.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LyndsayLou30 said:

Alright new question.. anyone sell sets and if so what site do you prefer to use?? My house is being taken over by legos and they need to move on out, new rule is 2 must leave before 1 comes in. :)

I think BrickLink is probably the largest site for selling outside of eBay and Craigslist.  Still get some flaky bidders but fees are low and the site is decent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all...

I can confirm that the dummy boxes are due to a huge rise in theft in the Seattle area lately. More stores might get them as well. The contents of the boxes will likely be offered to employees for purchase at an additional discount at regular stores. At LEGO stores they will likely be scrapped as play brick for the kiddos. In regards to Disney Minifigs, check with LEGO stores about their shipment days, ask if they might get some, and go in on that day. Although, I have heard that it's possible they may not return once they have run their course (no more will be made after everyone runs out). But I cannot confirm for sure.