Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

Time to head to Fred Meyer......I stopped by mine this morning, and it was 20% off all LEGO. Nice! Unfortunately my store was pretty cleaned out of anything good. My saving grace was a Poe's X-Wing which was $63.99 after discount. I feel like that is a score at this point in the game. They had some sets that were already marked down, and I did some price scans. The extra 20% did not apply on top of the already discounted sets. If any of you have some good scores today, let us know! 

I wish my Shopko had anything decent to pick up.  Don't know if it was just yesterday or what but my store had the 15% off SW Lego plus I found out the extra 10% off was all toys including Lego which never happens.  Stack that with the 10 off 50 and I was hoping to score some of the poe xwing but no luck.

I found an awesome rebate on Gift Cards today at Fred Meyer. This is a re-run of a similar deal I saw around thanksgiving. Essentially it's a $50 rebate, when you buy $100 in gift cards and a 24-pack of Coors products. There was a separate pad of rebates for Blue Moon Beer (Owned by Coors). It's one per household, and the purchase must be made before 12/28/15. This is limited to OR, WA, and ID. I can grab bunches, so if any of you guys don't see this offer in your store, shoot me a PM and I'll mail you a rebate form. I found mine at Fred Meyer, but this does not seem any way tied to specific retailers. I don't see why this wouldn't work at Safeway or any other store that has giftcard mall and sells beer. YMMV if you venture outside Fred Meyer though. 

• Like 1

I found an awesome rebate on Gift Cards today at Fred Meyer. This is a re-run of a similar deal I saw around thanksgiving. Essentially it's a $50 rebate, when you buy $100 in gift cards and a 24-pack of Coors products. There was a separate pad of rebates for Blue Moon Beer (Owned by Coors). It's one per household, and the purchase must be made before 12/28/15. This is limited to OR, WA, and ID. I can grab bunches, so if any of you guys don't see this offer in your store, shoot me a PM and I'll mail you a rebate form. I found mine at Fred Meyer, but this does not seem any way tied to specific retailers. I don't see why this wouldn't work at Safeway or any other store that has giftcard mall and sells beer. YMMV if you venture outside Fred Meyer though. 

I'm at my Fred Meyer and they thought I was nuts when I asked about this. Can you provide more details?

On 12/22/2015 at 9:54 AM, brickman425 said:

Has anybody been to or heard of this brick show? Just found out about it while browsing groupon. I enjoyed brickcon this year for the first time, And this looks like something that could be fun to check out during the holiday break.

brick-by-brick.jpg

Oh, Dan Parker. From Tacoma Brick Art Center, I believe. Definitely recommend going.

Sure. My Fred Meyer had a stack of Coors Light and Blue Moon boxes stacked up. On the top, was a big sign advertising a $50 rebate. Attached to the sign, was a pad of tear off sheets, that are the rebate certificates. These rebates are from Coors, not Fred Meyer. I just happened to see these at Fred Meyer. Reading the details of the rebate, you can buy multiple gift cards totaling $100, and either a 24-pack of CL or two 12-packs of Blue Moon. The rebate cert has an FAQ website on it, that has all the FAQs and all the info that you would need. In my original post, I offered to drop an rebate certificate in the mail to them if you PM me. The offer still stands. Note that the purchase must be made by 12/28, and postmarked by 1/12/16.

https://www.reward-central.com/coors

• Like 1

Looks like Costco has already marked down Lego possibly. Covington today I picked up a couple of the Ninjago Enter the Serpent sets for $29.97, which was 50% off retail. Left 3 there. Guessing others will be doing the same markdown potentially. They had the Brickmaster books down to $11.97 too, which makes sense as I just bought my daughter one for $15 at Bartell Drugs like the day before.

11 hours ago, thegooch49 said:

Bummer, a local store here in Portland called 'Bricks and Minifigs' had a NIB UCS R2-D2 stolen from their store today. It was caught on surveillance, and the local news did a story about it. This is a drag. http://www.kptv.com/story/30850036/surveillance-valuable-star-wars-lego-set-stolen-from-beaverton-store

They got him gooch!

" After literally thousands of shares between all our stores Facebook posts and countless news stories someone recognized the thief and called Beaverton police. Wouldn't you know it but when they showed up to the guys house they found R2D2 and have now arrested him and returned our little buddy to its rightful home at the Beaverton store. It's a Christmas miracle. "

r2d2.jpg

• Like 5

Ha, that is great. Sadly it's even more reason to get things like a front door camera at your house too.

In other Lego news, hit up some of the north Seattle end Walmarts yesterday. Pretty much nada. So either one of you already cleaned them out, or there wasn't much good clearance to begin with. Haven't found much at Target either.

Lynnwood Lego store had a few sets on discount, I picked up a couple of Birds and a couple of Bionicle sets for my son. The dude cashing me out asked then answered his own question "do you have a Lego VIP card? Of course you do, you're buying more than one copy of Birds." lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...