Jump to content

Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread


nolanfan34

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

Went back to Spokane store and was told the same thing... just because Seattle stores are discounted doesn't mean spokane will be the same, which is too bad, because they had a lot of sets at all the stores I checked

Well, I was certainly wrong then! I recall once in the past getting stuff on clearance there that was on clearance on the west side (I have family over there) but perhaps that was just coincidence. At the very least, if it isn't on clearance now, it likely will be in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Well, I was certainly wrong then! I recall once in the past getting stuff on clearance there that was on clearance on the west side (I have family over there) but perhaps that was just coincidence. At the very least, if it isn't on clearance now, it likely will be in the future. 

I've seen the extra clearance discount vary in Seattle area (extra 40%, extra 50%, etc), but what is on clearance has always been the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, LegoJoey said:

Any sightings of the different Lego Batman Movie polys?  

I have only seen the one from Target, the Phantom Zone one. Haven't seen any others.

My Fred Meyer had a new Ninjago one, that includes two minifigs, a Nya and a Zane, which is a pretty cool one for $3.99. I know that's not what you were asking though. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

For the Seattle area folks - Bartell Drugs has an anniversary sale going on. The flyer in store has a single-use (per transaction/visit) $15 off of $50 coupon. Lego Star Wars is also 20% off and it stacks. Might not be too groundbreaking, but I have seen a couple A-Wing vs. Darth Vader Tie sets out there, so a decent price for personal build. Also some other gems out there. Someone please go buy Elves sets so I stop doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For anybody interested Fred Meyer is doing BOGO40 off legos this week. Or at least the one I was at today is. In the area I'm in there isn't much Walmart clearance so it's a bit better. I know most Walmarts have better deals right now but I just figured it couldn't hurt to post anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

For anybody interested Fred Meyer is doing BOGO40 off legos this week. Or at least the one I was at today is. In the area I'm in there isn't much Walmart clearance so it's a bit better. I know most Walmarts have better deals right now but I just figured it couldn't hurt to post anyway.

I saw that today as well.  Unfortunately I didn't see any deals as 20% off MSRP has already occurred elsewhere.  Does Fred Meyer do discounted gift cards?  Or is there another way to stack something with that deal?

Edited by Dedgecko
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dedgecko said:

I saw that today as well.  Unfortunately I didn't see any deals as 20% off MSRP has already occurred elsewhere.  Does Fred Meyer do discounted gift cards?  Or is there another way to stack something with that deal?

I'm not sure about the discounted gift cards, but I couldn't find anything to stack it with. There wasn't really anything worth stacking at the ones around me :( A couple Rex's AT-TE's, a couple tie strikers, and some batman movie sets. As you said nothing that we can't get either online or through walmart clearance currently or in the past/future clearances of other stores.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dedgecko said:

I saw that today as well.  Unfortunately I didn't see any deals as 20% off MSRP has already occurred elsewhere.  Does Fred Meyer do discounted gift cards?  Or is there another way to stack something with that deal?

Sometimes they issue friends and family savings passes (for example, an extra 15% off or so), but I haven't seen one issued recently. There's also the 10% senior discount, if that applies, too. Can't remember when that is applicable. First Tuesday, maybe?

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had some minor luck at the Auburn Collection Walmart clearance this last week.  Granted I didn't pick up much (building not really reselling), but did anyone else find good deals at Walmarts elsewhere in the Seattle area?  Discounts have been pretty rare since I came out of my dark ages after TLM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dedgecko said:

I had some minor luck at the Auburn Collection Walmart clearance this last week.  Granted I didn't pick up much (building not really reselling), but did anyone else find good deals at Walmarts elsewhere in the Seattle area?  Discounts have been pretty rare since I came out of my dark ages after TLM.

Yeah, it's really hit or miss though. I frequent Renton and Factoria. Nothing ever survives Factoria for me, but I am able to score an occasional set or two at Renton.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Hey guys...I'm getting out of investing.  It's been a fun run, but I don't have the time.  I'm selling off what's left of my sealed set inventory at about break even cost.  Let me know if you're interested.  
Here's the craigslist ad: https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/tag/6180683041.html

Most people here are not amateurs, they'll need full set lists to take you seriously, if you want to move in bulk. Provide a full list and a price and you'll move more quickly. List like this, and you'll hear mostly from people trying to pick the lowest hanging fruit for the lowest possible price. It'll take a while.

The more sophisticated your listing, the more sophisticated offers you'll get.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, donbee said:


Most people here are not amateurs, they'll need full set lists to take you seriously, if you want to move in bulk. Provide a full list and a price and you'll move more quickly. List like this, and you'll hear mostly from people trying to pick the lowest hanging fruit for the lowest possible price. It'll take a while.

The more sophisticated your listing, the more sophisticated offers you'll get.

Yes, as a member of brickpicker for awhile, a lot of my education came from this site.  I appreciate your feedback.  

Here's a link to a google sheet that contains the items, the quantity I have, and the price I'm asking. 

And while yes, I went deep on monster minis, most of the $10k is not minis.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V4SUunapn6iJjBsx5g_Kp1JxCoX-d54Z2BzFlFKI0Os/edit?usp=sharing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For storage:

Fred Meyer has the Akro Mills 24 drawers for $20 each.

 

link is the product on Amazon:

Akro-Mils 10124 24 Drawer Plastic Parts Storage Hardware and Craft Cabinet, 20-Inch x 16-Inch x 6.5-Inch, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TV3NL0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GIBszb6MW6446

 

I think you can can also get them online at Menards for the same price, usually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Dedgecko said:

How often does Bartells put their Lego on sale?  I just realized there's one relatively close to home. 

Not very often. When they do, it's usually 20% on a certain line or two. Sometimes they will have $5 off $25 coupons or things like that which can stack. They used to put sets on clearance - I still remember $4 Star Wars battle packs but it has been 3 years I think since I have seen that? Every Bartell's is different though, you will find different clearance across different stores.

The best treasure hunt there is usually finding a small retired set or two since they tend to linger on the shelves. Very hit or miss of course, but some have some larger inventory and you can certainly find the small Elves sets, older Ninjago, even Chima battle packs (don't laugh, doing OK on Amazon).

Side note is Bartell's is just great for clearance in general. Go now and your store will have some random summer or garden items for 80-90% off. I've bought so much random stuff there. Last purchase was a couple of Deadpool Funko Pop t-shirts for $2 each.

That is probably more than you wanted to read but I love Bartell's and this thread has been quiet. :-)

(also willing to talk for a long time about Fred Meyer on command)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Not very often. When they do, it's usually 20% on a certain line or two. Sometimes they will have $5 off $25 coupons or things like that which can stack. They used to put sets on clearance - I still remember $4 Star Wars battle packs but it has been 3 years I think since I have seen that? Every Bartell's is different though, you will find different clearance across different stores.

The best treasure hunt there is usually finding a small retired set or two since they tend to linger on the shelves. Very hit or miss of course, but some have some larger inventory and you can certainly find the small Elves sets, older Ninjago, even Chima battle packs (don't laugh, doing OK on Amazon).

Side note is Bartell's is just great for clearance in general. Go now and your store will have some random summer or garden items for 80-90% off. I've bought so much random stuff there. Last purchase was a couple of Deadpool Funko Pop t-shirts for $2 each.

That is probably more than you wanted to read but I love Bartell's and this thread has been quiet. :-)

(also willing to talk for a long time about Fred Meyer on command)

Seems like its been a long time since there has been a good FM sale. Looking back at the thread it looks like there was a clearance around Christmas (maybe a bit earlier) last year, but for some reason I thought it was earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...