Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

50 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Dangit. Forgot about this until right now and missed out on the one I wanted most. Oh well.

Me too!  I can't believe how fast these are gone.  The Chalet and Steam-Powered Science were the only sets I really wanted out of this round.  Guess I'll have to pay the markup when the Chalet finally releases.  

Edited by Dr Jedi

41 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

Me too!  I can't believe how fast these are gone.  The Chalet and Steam-Powered Science were the only sets I really wanted out of this round.  Guess I'll have to pay the markup when the Chalet finally releases.  

Well this is Brickpicker after all, so I'm sure that a kind member of this forum will gladly relieve you of 2.5x RRP.

Anyone else underestimate these? Price…. Rd2 results…. World economics…. 

thinking big picture: >40k AFOLS spending $$$$ we will certainly see future projects. 

side note: how many (x)rrp for it to be worth acquiring multiples? I do see these 2x. 3x seem silly but possible?

Son of a *****.....I totally forgot about this today! Idiot! I was really hoping to grab a Chalet for my Christmas Village.....if anyone wants to make a trade, I'm all ears. I know it's a longshot, but I gotta try...Congrats to those who did score! This round was pretty impressive. Still can't believe they sold out that fast even with the new tighter parameters.

So reading some of the comments perhaps the reason they all sold out so fast is because the first 2 rounds were only open to select countries and this round was available to all countries that lego currently ships to. Maybe lego will realize with an increased customer base comes increased demand and do another Round 3 part B that will ship in 2024 ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

That train station alone was worth a $4M gross for LEGO.

True. But it's also quite a headache to set this all up. I'm sure they are no losing money but it's probably less profitable than just putting out another $50 SW set.

I've never seen numbers but any guesses how much a middle of the road $150-250 AFOL set sells (e.g. bookstore, Barracuda,etc)?

6 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Well this is Brickpicker after all, so I'm sure that a kind member of this forum will gladly relieve you of 2.5x RRP.

I'm certainly open to arranging something with a fellow Brickpicker.  I'd also be more than happy to work out a trade for another Brickpicker set.

• Like 1