Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

5 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Could anyone chime in that knows if it has only been the castle delayed from rd one or has other kits been delays as well?

I ordered one of each. If I've read all my emails, and assuming they're accurate, all 5 of mine have been "delayed," but I guess that depends on what you mean by that. The first email I got that specified a timeframe said ship by "end of January" and the first email I got that specified dates said all will ship by "2/8/22."

Currently the Kakapo is being shipped on 2/20/22 and all the others are being shipped on 2/9/22.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, srm_520 said:

Welp, just got an email that said the order is delayed know until March 7th.  :(  Ufff.  Anyone else think these wonderful sets will never come?!?

I think they did a dis-service by listing estimated arrival dates that was likely way too optimistic...and then they double down on w/ more wrong dates on email "updates".

They should just have noted:

Arrival Date: "Don't make us lie to you...You'll get it when you get it...Peace out!"

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks so much to everyone who ordered sets in Round 1 of the BrickLink Designer Program!

As there are currently global shipping delays worldwide, these orders are expected to arrive in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand in March 2022. Orders placed in August 2021 are now being processed and will be shipped in the coming months – they’re expected to arrive by June 2022 at the latest.

As your order continues to progress, you may receive automated email updates which are generated as part of the shipping process. If you receive these emails or an automated backorder email, please rest assured that your order is still on its way to you and will be with you on the dates given above.

For questions on your specific order, please contact LEGO Customer Service at http://service.LEGO.com. Thanks again for your order and your patience. We hope you’re looking forward to your BrickLink Designer Program set!

#LEGO #BrickLink #BrickLinkDesignerProgram #AFOL

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

What a cluster this program is 

honestly it's mostly a handful of a part-time staff trying to replicate what took a global company like LEGO the better part of 50 years to get "right".

at least once it arrives...the quality is pretty good.

anyone holding their breath to get their hands on the sets

...should have passed out by now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

I got payment processing issue emails I used Paypal originally and had to call and update my payment method on all of my orders. They flipped from BO to in process.

I also used PayPal for these, but I haven't got any email from them. Was it from Lego or PayPal? I just got the email about the Flight one being delayed but not about the castle, but online is still showing as BO.

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I also used PayPal for these, but I haven't got any email from them. Was it from Lego or PayPal? I just got the email about the Flight one being delayed but not about the castle, but online is still showing as BO.

The email was from lego. I think PayPal doesn’t allow charges after 6 months but not 100% sure. One of my castles is in Warehouse and the others all went back to backordered even though I was charged again for them today. 

Hi Pseudo,

Thanks for placing LEGO order number T375XXXX on Jul 1, 2021. 

It looks like there was a problem processing your method of payment so we weren't able to complete your order.

Some common reasons for this are:
  • An item was pre-ordered or out of stock and the card was authorized at the time of order, but is declined now.  
  • Your credit card number or expiration date changed recently, or the card is no longer active.  
  • Your PayPal account wasn't authorized because of a delay in shipping. 
You can check on your order by visiting our Order Status page here, and we’d like for you to call Customer Service to confirm your payment info. That way we can get everything taken care of.
We're sorry for any trouble. Thanks for your patience as we sort things out.

Speak to you soon,
LEGO Customer Service
Edited by Pseudoty

17 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Odd. I got the opposite. My passage of flight set is being shipped and nothing about my castle or boat. My message and deduction from my bank was from Lego.