Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

What are you guys thinking the floor will be on eBay when all these hit the market after the 3rd week?

I'm kicking myself hard right now because I just found out about this and I'm one of the biggest Castle fanatics out there.

I'm seeing an "in-hand" seller from Germany doing $525 right now. Hoping someone will do a $300 quick flip. Alerts set!

5 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

What are you guys thinking the floor will be on eBay when all these hit the market after the 3rd week?

I'm kicking myself hard right now because I just found out about this and I'm one of the biggest Castle fanatics out there.

I'm seeing an "in-hand" seller from Germany doing $525 right now. Hoping someone will do a $300 quick flip. Alerts set!

Are you looking for one? I could match that.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Out of the 10K round one castle sets 5K went exclusively to North America with a limit of 5 per account.  The other 5K were distributed worldwide to select regions but were also available to North America. So currently I would say at most 4K are in hand with many of the other 6K going to QFLL. So price will drop. You may see some people buying up the low priced listings. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

$300 would not surprise me. I would monitor eBay and Bricklink when USA starts getting these in hand...i'm sure i'll be one of the last to receive.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

Credit where credit is due:  Brickfan ran this article today:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/bricklink-designer-program-round-3-preview/

Nine projects left on the table, only 5 will be funded for production:

Space Troopers!

1526366.A746605B9EE5E6B9.png.jpeg

1950s Diner

1550158.0E0CFC801576AD31.png.jpeg

Train Station: Studgate

1535464.C79DD8E5921B5208.png.jpeg

Working Waterfall

1616887.88D3AEA74D54C04A.png.jpeg

Exploratorium

1657650.4B5F9C79806517A8.png.jpeg

Winter Chalet

1571619.5425FA4FEE8CD60E.jpg

Modular Construction Site1585906.D688865677BC3D85.png.jpeg

Mountain View Observatory

1618297.EDCA1BEB735EB2DA.png.jpeg

Brickwest Studios

1747269.AC71CEEC3EF3E60F.png.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Credit where credit is due:  Brickfan ran this article today:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/bricklink-designer-program-round-3-preview/

Nine projects left on the table, only 5 will be funded for production:

Space Troopers!

1526366.A746605B9EE5E6B9.png.jpeg

1950s Diner

1550158.0E0CFC801576AD31.png.jpeg

Train Station: Studgate

1535464.C79DD8E5921B5208.png.jpeg

Working Waterfall

1616887.88D3AEA74D54C04A.png.jpeg

Exploratorium

1657650.4B5F9C79806517A8.png.jpeg

Winter Chalet

1571619.5425FA4FEE8CD60E.jpg

Modular Construction Site1585906.D688865677BC3D85.png.jpeg

Mountain View Observatory

1618297.EDCA1BEB735EB2DA.png.jpeg

Brickwest Studios

1747269.AC71CEEC3EF3E60F.png.jpeg

No new info here? Was hoping we had a date and pricing.  2 of the 3 I am interested in, Chalet, and Exploratorium, look like they will be pushing $300 

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

No new info here? Was hoping we had a date and pricing.  2 of the 3 I am interested in, Chalet, and Exploratorium, look like they will be pushing $300 

Nope, no new info.  Slow news day, I guess.  But thought it would be interesting to throw out there for discussion.

I haven't really been interested in any of the first two waves.  This wave *finally* has some sets that I might be interested in, depending upon pricing.  Ones that I'm considering, in order of preference:

1. 1950s Diner
  2. Mountain View Observatory
  3. Winter Chalet
  4. Space Troopers!
  5. Exploratorium
  6. Working Waterfall

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Curious if the shooting had anything to do with the exclusion of figs in the final cut or if it was more of a piece count issue.

Prior to the shooting the figs were removed per the designer there was a small selection of figs available and he did not feel that they matched the set well. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Nope, no new info.  Slow news day, I guess.  But thought it would be interesting to throw out there for discussion.

I haven't really been interested in any of the first two waves.  This wave *finally* has some sets that I might be interested in, depending upon pricing.  Ones that I'm considering, in order of preference:

1. 1950s Diner
  2. Mountain View Observatory
  3. Winter Chalet
  4. Space Troopers!
  5. Exploratorium
  6. Working Waterfall

Really? you like the diner but not the bowling alley?

14 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I wondered if anyone would call me out on that. The Bowling Alley just seems a little too big in size to me. The diner doesn’t feel as big and feels more in scale. That’s why I like the observatory too. Feels much close to scale.

That’s a fair point. Lego City space is not unlimited. But, from my perspective… MOAR!!!! I MUST HAVE IT ALL!

25 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Just got another round of emails on delayed castle orders.

Yeah, ship by  Feb 17 and 20