Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Still haven’t gotten my Ship from round 1 Part 2 order last update was sometime June - August. 

Will be interesting to see if that train station will even get funded at $399 needs at least 3K orders.  

it's shaping up to be a pretty solid build. for 400 bucks though, think they should toss the motor(s) in.

For the price points, probably the 1950's Diner is the only only one I'd get multiple of. That one seems doable to get double buy in.

Something about the Exploratorium just genuinely makes me happy. Caught my eye instantly. Seems like it would a joy to put together and display.

The Train Station: Studgate will be quite the showpiece at any city setup. Like most, I've never lost money on LEGO trains.

Brickwest Studios is an easy personal purchase. I've built similar movie lot props for brick films with the kids and this set would pay for itself with hours spent in play.

The Mountain View Observatory is my favorite when it comes to design. I think its wonderfully detailed. But I'm just not a modular guy. I might get one just to get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lmao

To this day, I still giggle when I hear the name “Timmy”, our Child Fan of Lego.

Do you guys have a naming convention for the typical AFOL that occasionally gets swindled by a QFLL? For some reason “Larry” is coming to mind…

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/support/main.page

50B76E4D-4D28-44DC-AC5E-098B618AA9B7.jpeg

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This round has many great sets (but crazy high priced) - it will be interesting to see which ones don't make it.

I figure that the diner, train station, and winter chalet are locks. The waterfall (while cool) likely not, The construction same thing, the space seems kinda dull to me (but there are tons of crazy space theme fans, so might do well). the western one is good, but whether the previous western saloon holds it back, I don't know. The observatory, and steampunk are both excellent (but will the high prices effect those making it?).

• Like 3

I will probably support Train station, Observatory, Construction site, Steampunk and Chalet. If the Saloon had minis I would pick it over Chalet. Wave 2 I didnt like anything but this time my credit card will be weeping.

34 minutes ago, kumas said:

I will probably support Train station, Observatory, Construction site, Steampunk and Chalet

The Dinner is my favorite followed by all of these.  I do not think the Train Station will qualify because of the price as it will need 3K supporters, but I will probably be wrong as usual.  

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

Cool sets. Still my best investment on these sets has been the Lowenstein castles. I still think that is the best one yet.  

Agreed there are some interesting ones. Also agree with Lowenstein statement. Nice set but also more limited or at least more ppl missed that one than the waves after. Going forward I'm more and more selective buying any of these for investment. Havent decided yet but might not but any from this wave. Also questioning the few that I bought from wave 2. 

Fantastic opportunity for personal collection for those interested in actually building the sets but might want to carefully consider buying for investment. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 5:59 PM, Pseudoty said:

The Dinner is my favorite followed by all of these.  I do not think the Train Station will qualify because of the price as it will need 3K supporters, but I will probably be wrong as usual.  

The Dinner looks great though it has never been part of European culture. Train Station might be driven by train fans as there are plenty of trains but almost no supporting facilities. I dont remember how it worked in previous waves but I'll preorder all but Saloon, Space and Waterfall if it is possible to support more than 5 and see which ones go through.

I will be buying the Winter Chalet for my personal collection, but I think that is it. The rest seem to expensive for what they are or to take a speculative gamble on. The diner that everyone else seems to want just doesn't look like a good value to me. The build doesn't look like 1300+ pieces, and that lettuce on the giant burger on the roof just looks horrible and kills it for me haha.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I preordered the 1950's Diner and the Space Troopers. Guess I'm only getting one of the two, that's fine.

Winter Chalet is slowly inching toward 5,000 supports, but it's pace is definitely slowed. Which gives me more time to consider whether I'm picking that one up.

1 minute ago, starwarsxpress said:

Construction makes 5

What is everyone ordering ? trying to decide

I like the Observatory, but the $319 price tag is keeping me away. It's also 3900 pieces, so the price tag is probably on target, just a little too expensive for me.

I'm still on the fence about the Winter Chalet. The Train Station is awesome, but again, price is keeping me away - $399 for 4000 pieces. That's the one that I can see going for bank some day, for the people that missed out.