Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Modular looks kinda bland.

This was my sentiment too from the very beginning, but I was convinced between modular demand and FOMO, modular collectors would be lining up.  I see a potential uptick with this set in a few years as word gets out, supply goes down and the dire need for a Lego store in every town! I will be keeping one for personal collection. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Belac said:

Afol Designer program starting to take root it appears. https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/main.page 

BrickLink members may pre-order their favorite sets, with a limit of 2 of each set per household. All sets that receive over 3,000 pre-orders will be produced. Up to 20,000 of each set will be manufactured during a limited, one-time production run.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Curious what people are doing with their sets from the first couple of rounds. Tempted to sell my Lego Store and Venetian Houses during the holidays. Current prices see decent.

My original intent want to keep and build these to augment my modular buildings collection. But not sure now...

I'm hoping for another round of appreciation when the third round ships and/or BL starts the next cycle. New buyers become aware and some sellers will have cashed out already. 

On 12/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, Shortbus311 said:

Ouch, up to 20k of each may hurt the secondary market values. Have to be a little bit choosier on which sets to back now.

20k is still a small number compared to the mass production of other lego sets....I'll be buying again with no worries....As always YMMV

3 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

20k is still a small number compared to the mass production of other lego sets....I'll be buying again with no worries....As always YMMV

But limit is now 2 per person, not like round 2 and 3 where limit was 1, so there is a possibility that 10K extra sets go to the resale market.

2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

And… there is much less overall awareness and or desire for these sets. Timmy’s parents certainly aren’t going to buy them. Because Timmy doesn’t even know they exist. It’s really interesting to see the difference in views on my Facebook marketplace listings. Bricklink sets have way fewer views. 

I understand completely where both u and Pseudoty are coming from but again i'll glady take my chances......And also it also depends on the sets that are made.....If they knock it out of the park with the quality they'll have no problems selling out....If they're overpriced and not worth the $$$ and wait time i'll pass....But i have a feeling they won't disappoint.....Like they say...We shall see!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

you're seeing box pics? can you post a link?

couldnt find any pics, but I saw this verbiage and thought it was very interesting they are now calling this wave series 1 and the designer program is now to be permanent. 

image.thumb.png.d30a8b3c783511e943a8431fd0999e91.png

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Pics are up of the Round 3 sets due out this spring. The Chalet is going to cost me. 

Lego store now up to $500

did you initially not get the winter chalet?!?   Also curious about the pics youve seen?!  From the BL website, they havent even opened up submissions yet. Feb.1st...

image.thumb.png.0dea09d21ebdab0bc492217545722d15.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

They all look good but the observatory really got a tuneup 

https://www.stonewars.de/news/bricklink-designer-program-runde-3-box-bilder/

yeah clear winner of the bunch when considering price point

been so long I don't even remember which one(s) I ordered...I love teh train station but it's so expensive...not sure I pulled the trigger or not..lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah clear winner of the bunch when considering price point

been so long I don't even remember which one(s) I ordered...I love teh train station but it's so expensive...not sure I pulled the trigger or not..lol

Me too. I *think* I got an observatory. I know I missed on the winter set, really wish I had got that one. 

• 1 month later...