Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

13 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

All but boat finally arrived.

Sadly, packaging is not close to the quality of the  ADP sets.

All castles are damaged (most orders from LEGO Shop at Home also, so not unexpected)

Question, the damage is a crease, due to crushing, on both long sides, anyone have an idea on how this will affect resale value? 

If you just want to flip it probably not so much price, unless it is really bad, but audience as most collectors will want Mint. Hopefully you can get a buyer that just wants to build it.  The longer you can hold it the less the effect of box condition will have an impact. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

If you just want to flip it probably not so much price, unless it is really bad, but audience as most collectors will want Mint. Hopefully you can get a buyer that just wants to build it.  The longer you can hold it the less the effect of box condition will have an impact. 

Thanks, I'm guessing there will be a good number hitting the market in the US, I'm in no hurry to sell so probably hold for a while.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:25 PM, House Schubert said:

so... now that I have a few much appreciated sets, the question is.... Sell? Hold? Sell? Hold?

Who am I kidding, on a shelf they go for some lucky estate sale worker to find in 6 decades when I finally kick the bucket.

oh god, isn't that the painful truth :smile:

• Haha 1

Are there .pdf copies of the instructions? A while back, I could have sworn I saw them online but didn't save a copy. Now all I can find are the instructions in the app. I'm specifically looking for the instructions for the Castle, Boat & Pursuit of Flight from round one. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

Are there .pdf copies of the instructions? A while back, I could have sworn I saw them online but didn't save a copy. Now all I can find are the instructions in the app. I'm specifically looking for the instructions for the Castle, Boat & Pursuit of Flight from round one. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/instructions.page

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

got my two boats, safe and 4 castles all last week.  i truly can't decide if prices go up a ton from here or not... anyone care to hazard a guess?

Wondering the same. Current thoughts bouncing around... CURRENTLY lots of excitement about these bricklink designer sets. Will the excitement last? How much is ppl hoping to make some money? More of these were produced than the earlier bricklink designer castle. More ppl trying to cash in. 

Which of these sets will still be highly sought after years from now? I only have one Castle in the Forest. I'll be holding that one bc it might have the most potential AND I might keep it for myself. Castle is my fave theme from childhood. 

Not sure what I'll decide to do with the fishing boat and others. Fishing boat also will be difficult to resist building myself. 

• Like 1

A potential long term issue for the Castle is the designer remade an improved version and it already has 10K supporters as an Ideas set.  If lego decides to make it we probably wouldn’t see it until late 2023 and some would want both, but most would go for the new Ideas set. 

We also supposedly still have a castle set coming this August for the 90th anniversary set. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, House Schubert said:

ope... actually Bricklink prices seem to have dropped quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. Ebay also, though not as much... Still $450ish 

Looks like a race to the bottom on BL - how low will it go? I'm not confident in the demand being that high. Looking at how the 2nd lot struggled with the one per person limit. 

3 hours ago, Al Legorical said:

Looks like a race to the bottom on BL - how low will it go? I'm not confident in the demand being that high. Looking at how the 2nd lot struggled with the one per person limit. 

set are alright...but still a niche market.  Definitely driven by resellers...it's a pyramid

high prices but takes months to years to sell (at those prices) and most will get forgotten.

the sets that are "must get" at first glance...will likely hold value and appreciate well

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Sold 3 Castles for $400 plus shipping each. Keeping one to build and will let the other one appreciate hopefully. 

I'd be wary of the mega castle on its way later this year...

Presold all 10 I had for about 500-525. This was so easy to buy lots of through friends and really risk free considering all the time until production.

Literally a resellers dream - The appreciation period happened with a) zero storage  b) no money tied up c) ability to cancel should appreciation not happen. Extremely rare to get this trifecta... should have locked up 50 of these :( 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...