10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Fire Brigade should go EOL within this year, but the value won't go up a lot. The reason is a lot of people have it and they're waiting to make a sale to get some money back. Especially if they have several that tied their money down preventing them to invest in other sets. So even if it goes EOL soon, the price won't go up alot for a year or two until the secondary market is cleared a bit. After that expect it to double in value. The main question for everyone is - can you wait that long? I haven't invested in any modulars yet. I found this one selling on ebay for 120

I tend to disagree with people who just say that lots of people have it and a hanging on to sell it soon after EOL. No matter if 10,000 members have 2 sets each of these there will still be a huge secondary market. Way more than 20,000 people will want it before a year after it's EOL. The buyer to seller ratio in this whole business is so amazingly small still. I think this set will do great.

+1 Kermando I completely agree, we tend to diminish the size of the secondary market right now, I saw dozens of young and middle aged adults plunking serious coin at Lego stores, they have the money and will pay for their Legos. There are always folks coming out of the dark ages, although I think there are less now than in years prior because Lego has such a good market presence right now. I believe that when Lego took a nose dive in the late 90's and early 2000's, it forced a lot of supporters into dark ages that could have been avoided, of the kids right now, there could be less going into dark ages in the future because of the market dominance lego now has. I understand that life is always changing and this will always force many people into their dark ages even with a positive market, but I think it those numbers will/are going down. As for the Fire Brigade, I am amazed at how the price could so easily jump sky high with it. Once the $119 sale was over and most inventories were depleted, it was selling on ebay for $170+ just because that was the going price for a few days there on the big retailers. I have no doubt that once this set goes EOL, investors here will be rewarded. Yes, it will take time, but there will be very solid gains. The only way a smart investor can loose is by having their money tied up too long, many people started buying this 3-4 years ago and will need to wait another 3-4 years before they can make much money on it. Even still, it won't be money lost, just money that could have performed better.

I was in the Cincinnati lego store on Saturday, they were completely sold out and thats when i was told they were not receiving new shipments and they were guessing it was to be retired. I cant speak for any other stores but thats the case for Cincinnati.

I want to say that Cincy and Indianapolis were out of stock, however, the managers in Columbus and Chicago were confident they would be selling the set all year.

• 2 weeks later...

There's still tons of GE's and TB's on Amazon, both at retial so I'm not too worried yet. But the race will be on when we see Lego go out of stock of these sets and then Amazon stock getting low.................until then I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

There's still tons of GE's and TB's on Amazon, both at retial so I'm not too worried yet. But the race will be on when we see Lego go out of stock of these sets and then Amazon stock getting low.................until then I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Same. Just checked and amazon has over 1000 of each in stock and you can order 99 grand emporiums on Legos site right now. Hoping amazon does one more run of discounts on both.

Same. Just checked and amazon has over 1000 of each in stock and you can order 99 grand emporiums on Legos site right now. Hoping amazon does one more run of discounts on both.

Yeah I already have some of both. I will go buy more GE's and TB's when I see real evidence of them going EOL, until then I'm not jumping the gun and buying more sets to sit on when they may still be around for a long time. I have learned with these modulars and with the Death Star, not to run out and buy more the minute someone says they're going EOL. Hopefully the list that was posted earlier in this thread is correct and both of these sets truely are ending production this year. I won't believe it till I see it though.......

I think it would be very funny if the FB wound up doing well in the end, maybe not cafe corner levels but going for $450-600 after a 5 years or so. I am not banking that it will but I do have a few and I am definitely holding on to them. Many of you saw when this set was going for $119 on several retailers for almost a month, but then one day, no one had it in stock, amazon was selling them for $171 and they were actually selling for that price. I kept my eye on ebay auctions and those took a spike upwards as well. Once it goes, the panic will set in and a lot of these will change hands, we will see people selling GE's for FB's and the insanity will continue.