10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm sooooooo close to buying another 99 of these on LEGO Shop at Home.

Sorry, I mean I only have 1 and LEGO Shop at Home allows me to buy another 99.  It's Orc Forges that I have 105 of!

Sorry, I mean I only have 1 and LEGO Shop at Home allows me to buy another 99.  It's Orc Forges that I have 105 of!

Haha, I was wondering why you had $15,000 in one set? Maybe it will be different in the UK, but I'm expecting a slow uptick on the FB's.  Buy 99 GE's if you are going to buy 99 of anything.

I have 21, make that 20, make that 19 Orc Forges.  (Just set aside 2 for display with my Tower of Orthanc.

The FB had the retiring soon at the Lego store 2 over the summer and has been long gone.  The GE has been gone on Amazon for a month now.  Not a surprise.  

Ed already mentioned about the LOTR wave 1 stopped production back in May in a different thread.  

Looks like MF is going to be dead money for a while.  

About 8 Months ago I had a post Here is a update on the New Star Wars Ewok Village & New Big X-wing, I had the price and I seen full color pictures of them months before they came on this site, well the same Lego Rep told me this Oct 1st at a Lego store when I was there, this guy travels to different Lego stores to make sure things are running smooth, "gravy Job" he said, The lego store was not opened yet, so as I knew who he was I starting talking to him, and after I told him what he told me and the Lego employees about the Ewok Village etc 8 months ago, i started asking him stuff, and he said these 3 sets are done, at least thats what was said at the meeting he had in CT 2 weeks before, every 2 weeks ago or so there is always a big meeting in Lego in CT on all kinds of stuff, He said lego told Amazon, walmart, target, etc that all Exclusives & hard to find sets are suppose to be sold at Retail price, no big sales, but Amazon, Etc are not happy about this and are letting lego how they oppose this policy, and lego is getting Tons of complaints from people about the 10% Coupon and the Kidstuff $20 coupon if you spend over $100, Kidstuff said they will not let lego advertise in there Coupon books if they get enough complaints. He said the best thing to do is complain to lego how you oppose this new Policy, and there was talk that they wanted to not give double VIP Points on the Exclusives and hard to find, but they decided that would be to much for Lego Customers to take. So he said maybe Lego might bend the rules for the Holidays for Amazon etc on them having big sales on Exclusives. He said Lego is trying to do what ever they can to discourage big time investors from buying 40 haunted Houses like me. He said the Tower Bridge was suppose to retire This year and they have changed there mind 2 times on what to do, he said we just have to wait to see on that one. He said with lego until you really see it on there website retiring soon you really 100% can't believe what you hear. He did tell me 2 other Real great news rumors, but I am keeeping my mouth shut until I actually see it in writing.

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

About 8 Months ago I had a post Here is a update on the New Star Wars Ewok Village & New Big X-wing, I had the price and I seen full color pictures of them months before they came on this site, well the same Lego Rep told me this Oct 1st at a Lego store when I was there, this guy travels to different Lego stores to make sure things are running smooth, "gravy Job" he said, The lego store was not opened yet, so as I knew who he was I starting talking to him, and after I told him what he told me and the Lego employees about the Ewok Village etc 8 months ago, i started asking him stuff, and he said these 3 sets are done, at least thats what was said at the meeting he had in CT 2 weeks before, every 2 weeks ago or so there is always a big meeting in Lego in CT on all kinds of stuff, He said lego told Amazon, walmart, target, etc that all Exclusives & hard to find sets are suppose to be sold at Retail price, no big sales, but Amazon, Etc are not happy about this and are letting lego how they oppose this policy, and lego is getting Tons of complaints from people about the 10% Coupon and the Kidstuff $20 coupon if you spend over $100, Kidstuff said they will not let lego advertise in there Coupon books if they get enough complaints. He said the best thing to do is complain to lego how you oppose this new Policy, and there was talk that they wanted to not give double VIP Points on the Exclusives and hard to find, but they decided that would be to much for Lego Customers to take. So he said maybe Lego might bend the rules for the Holidays for Amazon etc on them having big sales on Exclusives. He said Lego is trying to do what ever they can to discourage big time investors from buying 40 haunted Houses like me. He said the Tower Bridge was suppose to retire This year and they have changed there mind 2 times on what to do, he said we just have to wait to see on that one. He said with lego until you really see it on there website retiring soon you really 100% can't believe what you hear. He did tell me 2 other Real great news rumors, but I am keeeping my mouth shut until I actually see it in writing.

FB since you're on this thread, GE also?

Guest TabbyBoy

I was all over the TB when Amazon Italy had them even cheaper than they are now.  Funny how the FB is not discounted much unless you go for double VIP which I might, just might.  But, not until the 15th though for the freebie.

So i got the Lego magazine today and I noticed that the fire brigade was not in the magazine. Now i know that not all sets are in the magazine but since the fire brigade had been in the previous issues of the magazine I think that the fire brigade is finally coming to the EOL. This is just my theory. I already have a couple FBs but i think i will grab a few more if i can find some discounts. Maybe black friday and cyber monday.

Guest TabbyBoy

There's a lot of current sets that are not in the latest magazine, it doesn't mean that they are EOL.  Since FB is still being talked about, LEGO may not retire it just yet as I know they read these forums.

There's a lot of current sets that are not in the latest magazine, it doesn't mean that they are EOL.  Since FB is still being talked about, LEGO may not retire it just yet as I know they read these forums.

What???!!! We have spies????

Ahem....

" Lego is a very nice company and never does anything wrong and always treats is customers well. "

Think they bought it??  :queen:  :queen:  :queen:

I work for TLG. You are all very very naughty children. Shame on you for buying our products and making us millionaires. Now if you'll excuse me, the delivery truck just pulled up with my new Ferrari.

Waving the BS flag on that one. You are missing the 3 zeros to the back.

I work for TLG. You are all very very naughty children. Shame on you for buying our products and making us millionaires. Now if you'll excuse me, the delivery truck just pulled up with my new Ferrari.

And the Aston Martin and Rolls will be in tomorrow.

"You can borrow the Rolls if you like, just bring it back with a full tank."

Guest TabbyBoy

I just had the UK Xmas 2013 catalogue drop through my letterbox this morning and to my horror, the Death Star boldly appears on page 41 in all its glory.  However, there's no Fire Brigade.

There's also no:

Minecraft The Village

Minecraft The Nether

Passenger Train

Fire Boat

Unimog

non-UCS X-Wing

non-UCS MF

Hobbit sets

Etc, etc, etc.

It seems like a full catalog would be an inch thick?

So, the above tells me that the Fire Brigade is alive and kicking until it's well...... gone!

Well, the GE and TB are around for another sodding year. ;-(

Guest TabbyBoy

Sod it... I just ordered one FB from LEGO Shop at Home so, it's a good deal with the free 40082 and double-VIP.  At the very worst, it's a good set for bits.  I only succumbed as I didn't see it in the new Xmas catalogue.

I would not place any value on product placement in their catalogs as an EOL indicator either. I am certain FB was missing from at least one of the catalogs last year as well. The best indicator would be the "retiring soon" label or "sold out" on their website. Second best indicator would be the following year's wholesale list that certain members share information from on this board. 

Sod it... I just ordered one FB from LEGO Shop at Home so, it's a good deal with the free 40082 and double-VIP.  At the very worst, it's a good set for bits.  I only succumbed as I didn't see it in the new Xmas catalogue.

Hehe, I think I may do the same before the deal ends.

I would not place any value on product placement in their catalogs as an EOL indicator either. I am certain FB was missing from at least one of the catalogs last year as well. The best indicator would be the "retiring soon" label or "sold out" on their website. Second best indicator would be the following year's wholesale list that certain members share information from on this board.

I don't think the FB has been in any of this years catalogs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully just until Black Friday weekend. ;-) I want to buy that for our personal collection and to get the 2nd half of the holiday exclusive at the same time.

I am hoping that the set is available long enough to get it for Christmas, but I think it will retire soon. I went to a Lego Store this week, and this set was not anywhere in the store.