10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

I don't think we'll see prices that high in the first 5 years, but I sure would love to see prices that high. And there will be a lot of wealthy people if that does happen. I'm thinking this set will struggle to get above $250-300 range. Yes people are willing to pay $170 on eBay and Amazon when it goes out of stock, but that's because there aren't as many for sale at that given time (the majority of hoarders/investors are not selling their FB stock when FB's are only selling for $170). Wait till it gets up to the $250 range, you will see people coming out from all over selling Fire Brigades at that price, I know I sure would like to sell a Fire Brigade I paid $100-150 for at $250. And when it's at $250 there will be a huge flood of these on eBay and it will struggle to climb. Of course this is just my opinion and the set has to EOL first before any of this can take place lol.

Let me repeat again (broken record) that no matter if each person on this website (say 10,000 people) have two of this set (highly improbable) that the supply will still be so less the demand, especially with emerging markets in Asia... Even if it doesn't go up a lot immediately, it will go up quite a bit eventually.

I too am taking this new info with a grain of salt. My local store swears that the FB is not on the new Planogram. The have deleted the shelf spot for it and filled it in with something else. They have been telling me for months that it is going away, although we all know just how ignorant they are. For the "long timers": does LEGO typically get rid of sets in the middle of the year?

I too am taking this new info with a grain of salt. My local store swears that the FB is not on the new Planogram. The have deleted the shelf spot for it and filled it in with something else. They have been telling me for months that it is going away, although we all know just how ignorant they are.

For the "long timers": does LEGO typically get rid of sets in the middle of the year?

Haha yeah I've been hearing the same thing since fall of 2011, like you said, we just have to take it with a grain of salt. Also, the majority of sets are retired at the end of the year (Decemebr), but there are still some discontinued in the middle of the year, typically smaller sets, etc. I don't see the FB being a set that retires in the middle of the year, but I could be wrong.

Just the same, my store has a spot saved for it all year, they said none of the modulars are going anywhere this year because they just keep moving. Each store has very limited shelf space and some may decide to stop getting a certain set long before the production run is over. I know many stores aren't stocking the DS and SSD just because they are big and don't move, the EE's state they will never stock them again and they will be gone, but it is now almost two years later and Lego is still producing them.

At this point, it will be easier for everybody if some people (preferably members of certain religion) start getting offended by the Fire Brigade and build some controversy. At least it will force LEGO to share the definitive EOL date for the set.

FB is racist...and DS too

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, glad you posted this. The first I've heard of it? "I'd buy that for a dollar."

Maybe we should start another thread to discuss.

Ha ha.

No offence meant to the orignal poster but I just found four seperate threads filled with posts talking about "Will the Fire Brigade be discontinued soon?" and ended up merging them all into this one. Seriously, this is now one of the "Most Popular Threads" already.

• 5 months later...

The Fire Brigade has been out for over 4 years now. It's also the most widely held set "stock" in investors portfolios. It can't hurt to get a few more but may take a while to see decent sized gains. If it does spike early post EOL, then it's a very good sign for us investors, especially since there are so many if them owned by old and newer investors.

I wouldn't waste my time or money with Fire Brigade at this point.  As others have noted, it's been out for 4+ years now.  It is the oldest modular out right now and was the originally released right after Green Grocer.  After everyone watched the price of Green Grocer take off after retirement, many many people stocked up on many many copies of Fire Brigade.  IMHO, FB will be a dud.