10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

Note for mods:  Can we create a Forum section for Modulars?

We do, they come under the Creator theme: http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/41-creator/

Thanks to the creation of the Creator Expert line. Otherwise City was the closest to anything similar seeing how the original modulars never had a theme (except Market Street).

Fire Brigade retirement, if this thing does well, will you rethink your modular strategy?

I can see many peoples varying points but I don't believe how Fire Brigade performs in the afterlife will be the perfect litmus test for all modular sets afterwards. For one thing, every modular design is different and everyone has their favorite(s). Some like the Fire Brigade, others enjoy Pet Shop. So I do not see each one performing exactly as the previous when retired; more like within close proximity of one another. In the end, it really is a matter of which modular house is the more desired design.

With that said and despite being one of my least favorite modulars, Fire Brigade still is a nice one with nifty techniques used throughout. It isn't anywhere near the Green Grocer but should be a good gainer when finally retired all the same. I honestly expect Grand Emporium to perform better when the time comes. Well, there's my $0.02.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

This $64,000 question will only be answered when the fat lady sings.  My 2p (I'm British!) worth is that the 3 rumoured modulars to retire will perform in this order:

1. Petshop as it's in two parts which may add extra appeal and it appears that it may be rarer in the afterlife as not many are talking about it.

2. Grand Emporium as it's a corner set.

3. Fire Brigade talked about too much and there appears to me more sets on this planet than termites! (risk of deprecation if not bought at large discount?)

I have multiples of PS & GE but, only 1 FB just in case.

We have to remember that today's modulars are produced in much larger quantities than before and with a very long shelf life.

Guest TabbyBoy

@CNH1974... I have 22 campers all bought in one go from LEGO Shop at Home over a year ago with 10% off and VIP and no alarm bells or shitogram message from them.  I also have a soft spot for the Mini Modular as I have a feeling is a sleeper set and not too many are out there.  My concern for the FB is because it is discussed so much, not just on here but other forums and down the pub!  I just wish I could use my 21103 to take a peek 2 years ahead.

Guest TabbyBoy

BTW.... John Lewis have 10% off the FB.  Be warned, they have jacked prices way back up before taking 10% off most sets.  Most are, in fact, a lot more expensive than they were last week.  JL... get your act together, you're not TRU!

With all exclusives being set at msrp I think these sets have a better chance of going up in value once they retire.  If nothing else those that were able to score them before the Lego pricing policy change at a discount will be able to sell at 150 without a problem or whatever the local msrp of them is.

Guest TabbyBoy

A little bit fuel to the fire: it's "sold out" at the European LEGO Shop at Home sites.

Didn't you see the expected shipping date? Another million on the way probably.