10197 - Fire Brigade

Spartikis

1 hour ago, CNH1974 said:

Just done my November update of my BP spreadsheet. 

And I have noticed that in the UK, that the FB & GE are trading at nearly the same price.
GE has risen in price since September.

£280 with a bit of variation. These are for BNIB BIN listings, auctions are lower.

In theory demand for GE should be higher than demand for FB so that makes sense. I think GE even has the potential to surpass FB in price.

I am not an accounting expert, but the issue is CAGR

A DS might be worth 1k eventually, but those that bought them last week are better off than those that bought 7 years ago.

A $300 sale now might net $100 if bought at MSRP after fees and shipping. $100 spent at LEGO Shop at Home last month netted me $63 after fees/shipping selling a GBH within a week, and I still have $100 worth of sets

CAGR

47 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I am not an accounting expert, but the issue is CAGR

A DS might be worth 1k eventually, but those that bought them last week are better off than those that bought 7 years ago.

A $300 sale now might net $100 if bought at MSRP after fees and shipping. $100 spent at LEGO Shop at Home last month netted me $63 after fees/shipping selling a GBH within a week, and I still have $100 worth of sets

CAGR

Also know as timing

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Like, physically painful?

I have still not built one yet. I am afraid to start. 

Now I understand why Jamie B. and Astrid G. made little comments about the  letters / numbers design in Palace Cinema and Pet Shop videos. Town Hall also uses a different design for the 1891.  

With the FB, I just kept checking if I had the steps done correctly.  Took me 5 mins to build this out. Nevertheless, I loved how 1932 come together with using the chosen elements,. Pretty cool nevertheless.  Both PC and FB were great builds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg